Mr Bates vs the Post Office

Even if she didn’t know, this has happened on her watch and her being CEO makes her liable anyway, doesn’t it?
Responsible certainly, liable (certainly criminally liable) will need more than she was the boss. She also wasn't the CEO for the entire period the scandal unfolded, only a third of it actually-although it was perhaps the most important third.

You've completely underestimated the size of the post office estate considerably. They had 28000 sites at the time and only a tiny percentage were affected by the bugs. So the the chances of phoning around and finding someone in the same situation and willing to say they were were minute, sub 1% even.
Ok. Point taken, didn't realise the amount of units in the uk but you understand where I'm coming from....

Loved that last bit about use of language
She was upset and outraged at the same time over the use of "lifestyle difficulties" but a week later she was being all triumphal in an email including the disparaging remarks about Jo Hamilton

"Did the mask slip Mrs Vennells?" was a great question

She and many others received what were record bonuses. Bonuses based on fraudulent accounts, as it has already been proven. The holding account where the SPMs had paid their own money into. The level of interrogation they went through is the minimum that Venel should go through.
Every time Williams intercedes to temper the hearing he might as well spit in the faces of the victims of this fraud.

Great to see the Met police are leading a criminal investigation into this shitshow now. Hopefully jail time for Vennell's and co but I won't hold my breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.