Mr Bates vs the Post Office

There was a thread on here a short time ago about when was the last time you cried, well for me it was last night, both me and Mrs Prague watched the last two episodes on ITVX and when they won the battle in court, well that was it for both of us.

I don't mind admitting that I think I got more and more angry as the series went on that it just became too much for us both.

It goes to show you can't trust many people in the world can you.

Government and Post Office all total scumbags.

It is a double scandal -
Why has no one from the Post Office or Horizon been prosecuted for false accounting, and,
Why has the Government failed to step in and compensate all these victims properly?

As above see Grenfell Tower and also Windrush and Farepak ….

Because they don't give a fuck and they'll get away with it, same as anything this government does.

@nmc

You are both mistaken. I think you are confusing it with Royal Mail.

The Post Office is owned by the government.

Nominally the department of business and trade.

Citation- companies house registration.
Perhaps that is why they act like the gov..
We have seen hubris on this scale within UEFA and PL (who try to act like an untouchable country).
A post on this thread mentions how UK Tax are unfairly taxing the PO compensation amounts so I'm sorry to say fairness is thrown out of the window where money is concerned.

There was a thread on here a short time ago about when was the last time you cried, well for me it was last night, both me and Mrs Prague watched the last two episodes on ITVX and when they won the battle in court, well that was it for both of us.

I don't mind admitting that I think I got more and more angry as the series went on that it just became too much for us both.

It goes to show you can't trust many people in the world can you.

Government and Post Office all total scumbags.
Must admit to a lump in the throat at the end

we need to wait for a Labour Govt though - this lot are after the kid selling more than an grands worth of used trainers a year on E-Bay rather than tackling the higher echelons

Honestly I can see Labour being gifted a shit ton of of things to take to court and use as a Tory kinda distraction in the first year and half by just labelling it seeking redress
You do seem to have a lot of confifendence that Labour will actually do somthing different?
The lyrics to The Jam's Eton Rifles say it all.
Indeed the most important player that actually got things done after Mr Bates was Tory MP James Arbuthnott (now in the House of Lords) who was pivotal in getting the initial inquiry moving.
Other Tory and Labour MPs were equally heavily subsequently involved in driving forward the Sub Post Masters claims for justice. But to make broad brush claims as to what the Torries wouldn't do is rediculous.
The Government/Big Business Blob is not contrlled by politicians it is a sellf serving organisation that protects it's own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.