Mr. Bellamy

If i was 30, and my knees were fucked, and i was on £90k a week wages at a club, but could move somewhere else for £30k a week with the chance you might only get a 1 year deal because of your knees, 2 tops, then would i bollocks move. I'd turn up every day, do my training and then go home. If i was 20 and my knees weren't fucked, then different story. But he's not, so i don't blame him one bit

B\connellblue said:
Why all the hatred for Bellamy. He never gave anything less than 100% for us. I wish him well however it ends up.
Because he is a idiot! he has been a virus at every club he played for!

I hope he rot in the reservs this year and then fuck off

Can't blame him.
Who'd want to leave the greatest club in the world especially at £90k a week and with a chronic knee problem.
Would be mad to go! (or madder than he already is anyway...)

Corky said:
zeven said:
Corky said:
At least he wants to stay, unlike Tevez.
wouldnt you for 80K a week?

Tevez does not for 2.5 times as much.
and that is a good thing.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 pm --<br /><br />
Corky said:
zeven said:
Corky said:
At least he wants to stay, unlike Tevez.
wouldnt you for 80K a week?

Tevez does not for 2.5 times as much.
and that is a good thing.

razinho said:
FantasyIreland said:
And why should he? would you?
Emmmm yeah? If all i wanted to do in life was play football then i would be happier picking up 35k and playing most weeks than playing with kids and reserves for 90k. He's in his latter years and should want to play most weeks, regardless of the money he may or may not make. The fact he said he wouldn't take a drop in wages because of his charity doesn't wash with me, the guys a first class prick.
Bullshit! Don't care how much I wanna play football. I m not paying 55 thousand dollars a week to do it. And his charity has nothing to do with it. City signed him to a contract, and now they must pay it up. And why the hell will a 32 year old wanna go play somewherelse and bust his balls for 59 grand less and no championship search? WHat is he, a freaking charity?

I don't get it with City fans who get all whinny wen a player doesn't want to take a pay cut to go somewhere else. Did the player put a gun to CIty's head when City signed them to the contract in the first place? Whether or not Bellamy is a prick is irrelevant. Should he feel any guilt for signing the contract he signed? Absolutely not! The only reason players take pay cut to go play somewhere else is because there is something in it for them. What is in it for a 32 year old guy 1 year away from possible retirement. And hence the inability to ever make this kind o money again. Unless he is a fukking idiot, of course he shouldn't take a pay cut.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 pm --<br /><br />
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
razinho said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Why don't we say to him, "ok Craig, here's the deal. You won't go to another club and play regular football for £35k a week because you won't be able to contribute enough money to your important charity. So, how about this ... we sell you to the club that can pay you £35k a week ... and donate 50% of the transfer fee to your charity?"

That would answer how important his charity is.
Or just tell the greedy bastard to fuck off. Your idea would be good but i'd like to know what exactly he's buying and providing in Africa that means he needs 90k a week to fund it. The economy in Africa means he could provide for about 20 kids on a couple of grand a week max, the fact he's used it as an excuse not to take a drop in wages astounds me. He's an arsehole.

I agree, and by removing the charity from the equation/his reasons we'll find out just how charitable Bellamy really is. Plus, what happens when he retires? Craig Bellamy Foundation goes bye bye? He'll find the money from somewhere, which is what he can do now.
Exactly the point. He doesn't need all the 90K a week to run the charity this year, he needs it to keep the charity going long after he is not making that kind of money. That is the point. So all the folks asking how much it cost to run a charity are missing the point. The charity has to continue after Craig is don with football. So it is in his interest to make as much money now so he can save enough for when he retires. Which is very soon/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.