Mr Kun Aguero

Re: Mr Kun Agguero

icemanbops said:
A great article in the Mirror, check this out, puts tonights feelings into perspective!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Oliver-Holt-opinion-Why-Sergio-Aguero-30-minute-cameo-may-have-been-the-spark-that-changes-Manchester-City-for-ever-article786053.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 86053.html</a>

Go on KUN !!

For those that can't see the link...
Sometimes, it just takes a spark.

A player who can turn a good side into a title-winning side.

A player who suddenly seems to solve all the niggling problems and the misfires.

A player who ignites all the good players around him and whose very presence makes everything fall into place.

So forgive the excitement and forgive the impression that maybe we're all getting a little bit carried away.

And don't think anyone's forgetting that, for £38million, Manchester City fans should be entitled to think a forward ought to be a bit special.

But to be at the Etihad Stadium and to witness the Man City debut of Sergio Aguero felt like being in on something momentous.

It felt like a landmark.

Yes, the Argentine striker was only on the pitch for half an hour.

Yes, it was only a cameo.

And yes, he was only playing against a tiring Swansea side whose best moments of the night were long gone.

But of all the superstar arrivals that have happened here in the blur of transfer activity that has taken place since Sheikh Mansour bought the club three years ago, it's Aguero's that feels as if it has the power to transform the side.

There was an electricity about the place when he came on for Nigel De Jong. There was a feeling that something special was about to occur.

Certain players carry that magic along with them.

Like Wayne Rooney did when he made his Manchester United debut in September 2004 and scored a hat-trick against Fenerbahce.

There has been a feeling until now that City are a worthy side, a solid side, a team full of quality players but with the exception of Carlos Tevez, who has been a restless presence, a team lacking stardust.

Under the cautious, counter-attacking tutelage of Roberto Mancini, they have often failed to capture the imagination.

Even while winning the FA Cup and qualifying for the Champions League, they have been damned by faint praise.

The arrival of Aguero, who cost £13m more than the entire Swansea starting XI, threatens to change all that.

Other players may arrive before the end of this window, but none of them will be as important as Diego Maradona's son-in-law.

Swansea played some beautiful football in the first half but as the visitors were demolished after the break, it felt as if the grand design of City's jigsaw is nearly complete.

There is room for more creativity in midfield, certainly.

They would probably be better and certainly more attractive without both Gareth Barry and De Jong in the starting line-up.

But the arrival of Samir Nasri would improve that and in all other areas, City are formidably strong.

David Silva is the best technical player in the Premier League and the surging power of Yaya Toure at the heart of the side is often breathtaking.

Their defence, led by Vincent Kompany, who was at his indomitable best against Swansea, is solid and, in attack, they now have an embarrassment of riches.

It still seems unlikely Tevez will be here after the end of August, but Aguero's arrival also means that Mancini no longer has to indulge the idiosyncrasies of Mario Balotelli, with whom he is fast losing patience.

So, yes, it was only half an hour.

And yes, it was only a tiring Swansea.

But Sergio Aguero changed something last night.

He made City and their fans believe that their time has come.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Oliver-Holt-opinion-Why-Sergio-Aguero-30-minute-cameo-may-have-been-the-spark-that-changes-Manchester-City-for-ever-article786053.html#ixzz1V8zTpw1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... z1V8zTpw1a</a>

I was there!

-)

mammyjam said:
short snippet from betfair's site

the ex-Atletico Madrid star knows he will be a marked man in the wake of his record breaking transfer, but has revealed that he knows how to look after himself.
Aguero said: "I discovered that I can play according to the defender's shadow.
"When it's sunny and the defender arrives just when the ball comes to me, I see the shadow and move the other way.
"I started doing it in training and it works. It also works at night under floodlights."

He did this today, before his second goal whilst he was on the left wing. Was amazed by how he did it.

mammyjam said:
short snippet from betfair's site

the ex-Atletico Madrid star knows he will be a marked man in the wake of his record breaking transfer, but has revealed that he knows how to look after himself.
Aguero said: "I discovered that I can play according to the defender's shadow.
"When it's sunny and the defender arrives just when the ball comes to me, I see the shadow and move the other way.
"I started doing it in training and it works. It also works at night under floodlights."

fucking Manchester weather won't help!

Well what a debut. You could sense an air of expectation when he came on and the reception he received was amazing. Then he did what he did. That 4th goal came from nowhere. When a player runs onto his own chip to set up Silva that was just phenomenal!

I will enjoy tonight, but the top of the table clash at Bolton is another game. It's just a shame that people will be just waiting for him to have a bad game to justify their bullshit. Let's hope Kun Agüero carry on in the same vein.

I just love being a Blue, good times, bad times, and now a whole load of good times

Sergio and David, I love you

Muzza said:
LOL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0BzEeyTik&feature=related[/youtube]

My version ....

MartinDickton.jpg

Freestyler said:
Love to see what he's gonna offer us in 90 minutes, if he's only gonna do that tonight in 15 minutes!

a very special talented boy, special indeed.

Impact sub,Adam Johnson mark 2. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.