Mr Kun Aguero

BIG DONKEY said:
Frank H said:
strongbowholic said:
Sorry Frank; who would you put in the same bracket then? Cheers.
Abattoir Blue has given a reasonable list, although I wouldn't agree with him on all of them.

Pele certainly. And I'm sorry to have to agree about George Best. I once saw him virtually single-handedly turn a 0-1 loss (at Hillsborough vs Wednesday) into a 3-1 victory in the course of 15 minutes, in which he was almost impossible for the opposition to play against. But he was a man who in the end almost criminally wasted his God given talent.

Pele are you serious? He is nowhere near Maradonna or Messi...not even close
Yes, I am serious. I would agree that Maradona was very probably better, but it's arguable. And not a few pundits would rate Pele as at least his equal.

It is at best a matter of opinion, not a proven scientific fact.

I'm afraid your attitude is symptomatic of the sort of Messi- and (to a lesser degree) Maradona-olatry, which I come across so often, in this and other football fan forums.

These were/are two very great players - perhaps the two greatest there have ever been. But to think of them as in another league/on another planet to all the rest is IMHO ridiculous.

paphos-mcfc said:
lee-mcfc said:
can we stop comparing him already , aguero is aguero a top class player.
I think he will score atleast 30 goals this season only 28 more to go ;)

Corrected.

Hm might be a big ask, but he looks like he can score for fun so who knows!

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Frank H said:
strongbowholic said:
Sorry Frank; who would you put in the same bracket then? Cheers.
Abattoir Blue has given a reasonable list, although I wouldn't agree with him on all of them.

Pele certainly. And I'm sorry to have to agree about George Best. I once saw him virtually single-handedly turn a 0-1 loss (at Hillsborough vs Wednesday) into a 3-1 victory in the course of 15 minutes, in which he was almost impossible for the opposition to play against. But he was a man who in the end almost criminally wasted his God given talent.

How about Scholesy or Giggsy? Or Keano?
As these are all ManU players, I wonder if in the context of this forum this is intended as a serious question!

IMHO, none of these are in the same category as the players we have been discussing. I don't think either Scholes or Keane were exceptionally naturally talented. Giggs is, but not on the level of George Best.

Frank H said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
Frank H said:

How about Scholesy or Giggsy? Or Keano?
As these are all ManU players, I wonder if in the context of this forum this is intended as a serious question!

IMHO, none of these are in the same category as the players we have been discussing. I don't think either Scholes or Keane were exceptionally naturally talented. Giggs is, but not on the level of George Best.

Well I'm sure you put Eric the King up there with the very best?

This it was only swansea nonsense is so boring, im taking it based on that reasoning that wba, sunderland, newcastle and stoke are all going to be fighting for top 4 this season.

paphos-mcfc said:
You've proved a point tonight. You are the best player in the premiership. I'm glad you're wearing a blue shirt. ( Second best player David Silva ) ;)

Amen

He'll have to play at a seriously high standard for several seasons before you could judge anyone 'best in the Premiership'. He is the real deal though, no doubting he is world class.

I would guess that a lot of blues want to see the back of Tevez after demanding to leave, but having had children myself, i couldn't imagine being so far away from them, in a country that would still be slightly alien to him. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to leave City, if you are going to demand to leave a club, wanting to be closer to your family is not something anyone should ever criticise. Family is far more important than anything else. We'll see if he respects the club with his words, actions and performances while he is still here.

Anyway, the point to my Tevez reference is that i can't quite believe i might see a Man City forward line that compromises Da Silva, Aguero and Tevez with Toure in midfield. Three Word Class players who would play in any tam in the world and one who who would play in any team in the world with the exception of Barcelona.

Milner for me was a poor purchase. I've always believe this guy is vastly over rated and i think he's going to play a squad role now, sitting out the biggest games when everyone is fit. Adam Johnson i think could be a class player, happy to see him starting more often than not.

Would rather have had Baines than Clichy if i'm honest. Not sure he's a top player and i still believe we need a world class centre half to play with Kompany.

World Class left back and centre half and i think we have a team / squad that could not only win the Premier league, but also the Champions League given a season or two to for the players to familiarise with each other.

37 years I've followed City at live matches and in all that time I have never seen a real striker take to the pitch in the City blue and white.
Tevez is good, don't get me wrong and there have been some decent strikers, but this little fella seems to have that little bit more to offer.
His passing and movement, vision, speed and strength were just out of this world.
35 minutes he was on the pitch, scored two, made one and became the new City legend/hero. It was special, he is special and I have no doubt we have got a player here who will do the business.
I would walk a million miles through quicksand to watch him play.
I will stick my neck out, even after just 35 minutes, we have never had a more effective striker, a more perfect striker, a striker in the mould of Maradona and Messi in one..............Can't waite for the Bolton game.
Messi has apparently said that Aguero is a better player than he is, well we saw something last night, something different, something exceptional.
If Tevez stays they would be real scary, in fact Dzeko worked well with him.
When he came on his energy got everybody in the team passing, running and moving as they should, they wanted to keep up with him, Tevez has the same impact but just not quite as much.
Aguero, my prediction is for 32 goals in all competition, Balotelli will need to sharpen up, he won't get on the pitch............................?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.