Mr Kun Aguero

Re: Mr Kun Agguero

Frank H said:
Uwe's 80s mullet said:
Ricster said:
Could we seriously have a new Maradona on our hands? There is no doubt, last night we all got to see what Sergio "Kun" Aguero has to offer as an individual, but we also got to see what he can offer to the team aswell. His link up play with Silva was top notch, and quite rightly everyone has praised that, but there isn't much of a mention between the link up play between Aguero and Yaya. There was some promising developments and undertsanding between these two and it got better as the minutes went by. IF, and its big, hence the Caps Lock, newspapers reports are right and Nasri comes in, the link up between, Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Dzeko and Nasri could be the most mouth watering attacking line the Premiership may have been given. Obviously it would depend on how advanced Yaya would be allowed.
Throw into that Sneijder if a deal is to happen, or even if Tevez decides to stay, after last night anything is possible, then this just moves us on again.

I know after writing all that there is one thing im looking forward to, its not silverware, its not the Premiership title, its not even the Champions League trophy. It is to see what has become of Manchester City's record signing and what that increase of improvement will be.

whooooooa! slow down a little bit. no, we havent. the only player ever to come close to him is messi. and messi is by far and away the best player in the world.

Kun is one of the best strikers in the world, no doubt about it though.
Maradona was clearly one of the greatest players in the world, and Messi is almost certainly the best player in the world at the moment.

But to say that Messi is the only player ever to have "ever come close" to Maradona, and then to say that Messi is "by far and away the best player in the world" is really going way, way over the top in praise of these two.

I can think of quite a few players, past and present, whom I would put into the same category as Maradoni and Messi - and in some cases it is really arguable if either M or M were really that superior to these others.

Yep.

Platini
Laudrup (M)
Pele
Cruyff
Best
Garrincha
Puskas
Baggio
Di Stefano

etc..

Re: Mr Kun Agguero

strongbowholic said:
Frank H said:
Uwe's 80s mullet said:
whooooooa! slow down a little bit. no, we havent. the only player ever to come close to him is messi. and messi is by far and away the best player in the world.

Kun is one of the best strikers in the world, no doubt about it though.
Maradona was clearly one of the greatest players in the world, and Messi is almost certainly the best player in the world at the moment.

But to say that Messi is the only player ever to have "ever come close" to Maradona, and then to say that Messi is "by far and away the best player in the world" is really going way, way over the top in praise of these two.

I can think of quite a few players, past and present, whom I would put into the same category as Maradoni and Messi - and in some cases it is really arguable if either M or M were really that superior to these others.
I'm concerned this may sound sarcastic or argumentative - apologies if it does as it is a genuine question, not an attack - but who would you say are better then?
I'm not claiming that any are better! Read what I wrote - I am saying that even if they were/are the best players in the world, they are not so superior that there is no questioning about it!

I also object to the idea that Messi is "far and away" the best player at present, and that only he has "ever come close" to Maradona. Great as these two undoubtedly were/are, this is IMHO, a far too exaggerated view of their superiority.

Frank H said:
strongbowholic said:
Frank H said:

I'm concerned this may sound sarcastic or argumentative - apologies if it does as it is a genuine question, not an attack - but who would you say are better then?
I'm not claiming that any are better! Read what I wrote - I am saying that even if they were/are the best players in the world, they are not so superior that there is no questioning about it!

I also object to the idea that Messi is "far and away" the best player at present, and that only he has "ever come close" to Maradona. Great as these two undoubtedly were/are, this is IMHO, a far too exaggerated view of their superiority.
Sorry Frank; who would you put in the same bracket then? Cheers.

strongbowholic said:
Frank H said:
strongbowholic said:

Abattoir Blue has given a reasonable list, although I wouldn't agree with him on all of them.

Pele certainly. And I'm sorry to have to agree about George Best. I once saw him virtually single-handedly turn a 0-1 loss (at Hillsborough vs Wednesday) into a 3-1 victory in the course of 15 minutes, in which he was almost impossible for the opposition to play against. But he was a man who in the end almost criminally wasted his God given talent.

Frank H said:
strongbowholic said:
Frank H said:

Abattoir Blue has given a reasonable list, although I wouldn't agree with him on all of them.

Pele certainly. And I'm sorry to have to agree about George Best. I once saw him virtually single-handedly turn a 0-1 loss (at Hillsborough vs Wednesday) into a 3-1 victory in the course of 15 minutes, in which he was almost impossible for the opposition to play against. But he was a man who in the end almost criminally wasted his God given talent.

How about Scholesy or Giggsy? Or Keano?

Frank H said:
strongbowholic said:
Frank H said:

Pele are you serious? He is nowhere near Maradonna or Messi...not even close

I'm thinking of lodging a complaint to the the internet ombudsman over sommat that is playing on my mind,to be honest im surprised that no one else has picked up on it seeing as it is a regular argument on this forum.

How dare Mr Sergio Kun Aguero (of no fixed abode Manchester) have the shamefull audacity to play last night like he does on Youtube.. It is a common argument on here that Youtube videos make players look better than they are so surely Mr Aguero is flouting internet laws and should feel the full force of the internet police..

Discusted is a poor term for how I feel.

right im a united fan whos signed up to this site for a bit of crack during the working week !! before the kids get all giddy and ask how surrey is yes im a manc (living further up north now)

anyway this player, and silva will be your best 2 players in years to come, the understanding they had yesterday after only 1 game ? was impressive, obviously it was only swansea and if you wana do anything this season you have to carry it on in the big games, but it was a decent start for you lads

but in all honesty, i think id rather have bebe ;)

can we stop comparing him already , aguero is aguero a top class player.
I think he will score atleast 20 goals this season only 18more to go ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.