Mr Mancini. You are a liar.

K.Reeves right foot said:
Gelsons Dad said:
And he already has. We have conceded only 10 goals this season

We had the best chance of the game. Possession was about equal and they only had 1 more shot on target than us!

I expected another season of rebuilding. You can buy players but you need to build a team

You have failed to manage your own expectations to realistic levels.

You haven't noticed this media institution is unbeaten this season

Or we're not spoilt new money brats who demand everything now!

Nonsense. They are unbeaten, our team barely know each other.

So you admit you made your mind up last season before he had time to put his stamp on the team.

You should have waited a few more. Or better still keep your tripe to yourself.

Shame he can't change some of the idiot fans.
Well Gelson my deluded friend I can't even be bothered replying to your ill concieved pontification

Haha they should put this in the dictionary under 'hypocrite'.

Yes he's changed our mentality, last season we got beat how many times? The games may have been more open but in the end we came away with nothing!

This time out he made sure we didn't get beat. I agree that this wasn't a good game but we set up to be difficult to be beat.

The rags created how many chances? If they are so great why couldn't they break us down?

.....because you have repeatedly said the following:
"I am trying to change the mentality of this football club".

Tonight I sat in the South Stand and before me I witnessed 11 players playing for Manchester City who were literally paralysed by fear and devoid of any freedom to express the undoubted talents they posess.
You have drained the life out of those players with cautious and stiffling tactics. Your mission AGAIN was to 'not lose'.
In your programme notes you stated the world was watching yet you made them watch a team that resembled the minnow, grimly holding out for the lucrative replay against the bigger team. I was embarassed, bored and frankly ashamed.

So fellow City fans, was that what you all expected when in the summer we bought the magician Silva? The powerhouse Yaya? The dynamic Milner who ran Villas side on his own and scored many goals?
Our own club has raised our levels of expectations to new heights yet we watch dross.
Mancini AGAIN bottled it. He played the media institution that is the scum. He played Charlton, Best, Cantona and all the other ingredients which make up that lot. He should have played Park, Fletcher, berbatov and co. Let's make no mistake, the Scum are NOT a good side anymore. Last season in the semi's they were not a good side. Yet City like most other teams have lost the game before the first minute. Oh, sorry, yes, we got a 0-0 draw. Well done Mr Mancini. Well done for sending out a side devoid of any attacking intentions. Tonight we were again little city, the small team in fear of the big bad opposition. It was pathetic.

Those who are satisfied with a draw have NO expectations and must be frozen in a time warp of zero expectation. I had no expectation for 25 years and was never promised any so i didn't moan. Now we are promised the world. We are told we are on the level of The Scum now, deserve to be favourites, yet we make substitutions in the 92nd minute to eat away time, and slope off with a point.

Yes I'm annoyed. We have had average sides before which actually put 3, 4 or even 5 goals past The Scum, now we have the best team ever, they have one of their poorest and we scrape a 0-0 draw, the irony is stunning.

I never wanted this guy. I certainly didn't want him retained this season. I bit my tongue, voiced my concern on here but always TRIED to understand something bigger, that Mancini MUST know something I couldn't see. Tonight he utterly ratified my original opinion from last season. He is too scared to take a chance.

I waited a few hours, didn't want to react straight away, but tonight was such a bitter dissapointment.
So all you lot who are jumping up and down cheering because we held the mighty Darren Fletcher and co to a 0-0 draw, congratulations. You must be happy. You are probably the same ones who were smiling as they left the ground after winning 2-1 in last seasons 1st leg, although the cluued up fans knew it was a wasted opportunity.
For me, the only team which threatened to score onight was the scum. Not us. The home side. They didn't create much of note but I always had a feeling they just might. Never had that with us.
Mr Mancini, another opportunity gone.
YOu said you wanted to change our mentality, well I believe you have. before we were just inconsistent City, scoring many, conceeding many, usually crap but never dull.
Now we are just dull, lifeless and sterile. You certianly changed it Mr Mancini.

AND .. drained the life out of an entire stadium of city fans. Talk about an anti-climax. He might as well wrote a letter to all of us informing us to not bother turning up with any optimism or confidence, even better, don't bother having a few drinks to sample the pre-match atmosphere/build up, because we are going to park the bus and play for a 0-0 (with maybe the miniscure hope of nicking a goal from some sublime piece of individual brilliance if we are fortunate). So stay at home, or if you are still going to turn up to the match, it comes with a health warning. NEGATIVE, CAUTIOUS, FEAR OF WINNING MENTALITY.

I accept our league position is positive. This was a derby game however. Fans just won't accept that shit in such a game where it matters so much to the soul, the very fabric of being a blue. It's a football match yes. But to us, parking the bus against them lot with this side is not acceptable.

i think the op has a point, we have waited a long long time to have a team capable of equalling and overtaking the rags, now we have we waste that opportunity, the progress of course is we didn't get beat , never looked like it so in all honesty i'll take that, for now.

what i am worried about is we have only scored 7 goals at home, you could argue, quite rightly, that we have now played the original sky 4 and easier games are to follow, fine, but lets hope the manager see those games as opportunity to improve our scoring record rather than stagnate it.i think its fantastic that we look very hard to beat but with the players we have there should be more of a balance between defending every game and going for it.

the scum were there for the taking and just as last season we let them off.

scandalous

Yes I'm annoyed. We have had average sides before which actually put 3, 4 or even 5 goals past The Scum, now we have the best team ever, they have one of their poorest and we scrape a 0-0 draw, the irony is stunning.

You clearly don't remember the games where we got battered on a regular basis then?

This concept of a weakened poor rag side is strange, yes they are defintiely weaker than they have been in the past, but to suggest they are shite team that we should be mauling is naive. The lineup which played last night for them is the same 11 that will start a big Chumps league match if fitness allows, and will probably in the last 8 of the chumps league, something we are still building towards.

OP what a load of shit!
utd may not have the big names of the past but if you watch the way they move the ball around and the shape they keep there probably alot better than teams of old.both teams obvouisly played too not lose.op dont be fooled into thinking big names means great football,we still have a lot to learn and i for one am very proud of the way they kept to the plan,stuck together as a team and protected Joe Hart.3 or 4 players had off days but they all did a job.
Now if we us the same tactics against Brum then i would be disapointed but we must trust the manager and stick together.

de niro said:
i think the op has a point, we have waited a long long time to have a team capable of equalling and overtaking the rags, now we have we waste that opportunity, the progress of course is we didn't get beat , never looked like it so in all honesty i'll take that, for now.

what i am worried about is we have only scored 7 goals at home, you could argue, quite rightly, that we have now played the original sky 4 and easier games are to follow, fine, but lets hope the manager see those games as opportunity to improve our scoring record rather than stagnate it.i think its fantastic that we look very hard to beat but with the players we have there should be more of a balance between defending every game and going for it.

the scum were there for the taking and just as last season we let them off.

scandalous

He doesnt trust the players enough. Like a mother or father of a child trying to condition discipline so that they don't grow up and make one single fucking mistake. I accept he is working with a new side, trying to get them to play in his way - it's just that in games like last night, where we are already points clear in 4th, and its a significant game at home for the fans, he has to trust the players to break shape on occassion, otherwise we never win enough games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.