Mr Mancini. You are a liar.

I think we all would have liked to see us 'go for it' a bit more than we did last night but sometimes the result is more important than the performance and the mere fact we reduced the rags to zero chances has filled me full of optimism that the gap is closing if not having been closed.

I felt we had the better of the first half, the rags the better of the second.

Also, by way of some mitigation for the second half performace, at this level it's very fine margins that can make a difference and the rags not only had players that had been rested such as Scholes, Nani and Berbatov but their other players also had an extra days recovery and I think that showed in the rags freshness in the second half.

We still have a way to go on catching the rags mentality success and the winning habit is ingrained into their DNA both players and supporters. In my experience for rags the glass is always half full. We as supporters would have written off Berbatov years ago and yet the rags whilst clearly having doubts still believe that he will come good - and this season its starting to happen - same with Nani he has been useless but now he's starting to look like a player.

We - the fans - have to change as well as the players and the club. Whilst I have some sympathy with the OP and the tone of his post is not the usual vitriolic cr*p we sometime get from supporters I think his expectations have run away from where we are in our development - that said everything is pointing in the right direction and we must keep the faith.

Blue Army !

K.Reeves right foot said:
.....because you have repeatedly said the following:
"I am trying to change the mentality of this football club".

Tonight I sat in the South Stand and before me I witnessed 11 players playing for Manchester City who were literally paralysed by fear and devoid of any freedom to express the undoubted talents they posess.
You have drained the life out of those players with cautious and stiffling tactics. Your mission AGAIN was to 'not lose'.
In your programme notes you stated the world was watching yet you made them watch a team that resembled the minnow, grimly holding out for the lucrative replay against the bigger team. I was embarassed, bored and frankly ashamed.

So fellow City fans, was that what you all expected when in the summer we bought the magician Silva? The powerhouse Yaya? The dynamic Milner who ran Villas side on his own and scored many goals?
Our own club has raised our levels of expectations to new heights yet we watch dross.
Mancini AGAIN bottled it. He played the media institution that is the scum. He played Charlton, Best, Cantona and all the other ingredients which make up that lot. He should have played Park, Fletcher, berbatov and co. Let's make no mistake, the Scum are NOT a good side anymore. Last season in the semi's they were not a good side. Yet City like most other teams have lost the game before the first minute. Oh, sorry, yes, we got a 0-0 draw. Well done Mr Mancini. Well done for sending out a side devoid of any attacking intentions. Tonight we were again little city, the small team in fear of the big bad opposition. It was pathetic.

Those who are satisfied with a draw have NO expectations and must be frozen in a time warp of zero expectation. I had no expectation for 25 years and was never promised any so i didn't moan. Now we are promised the world. We are told we are on the level of The Scum now, deserve to be favourites, yet we make substitutions in the 92nd minute to eat away time, and slope off with a point.

Yes I'm annoyed. We have had average sides before which actually put 3, 4 or even 5 goals past The Scum, now we have the best team ever, they have one of their poorest and we scrape a 0-0 draw, the irony is stunning.

I never wanted this guy. I certainly didn't want him retained this season. I bit my tongue, voiced my concern on here but always TRIED to understand something bigger, that Mancini MUST know something I couldn't see. Tonight he utterly ratified my original opinion from last season. He is too scared to take a chance.

I waited a few hours, didn't want to react straight away, but tonight was such a bitter dissapointment.
So all you lot who are jumping up and down cheering because we held the mighty Darren Fletcher and co to a 0-0 draw, congratulations. You must be happy. You are probably the same ones who were smiling as they left the ground after winning 2-1 in last seasons 1st leg, although the cluued up fans knew it was a wasted opportunity.
For me, the only team which threatened to score onight was the scum. Not us. The home side. They didn't create much of note but I always had a feeling they just might. Never had that with us.
Mr Mancini, another opportunity gone.
YOu said you wanted to change our mentality, well I believe you have. before we were just inconsistent City, scoring many, conceeding many, usually crap but never dull.
Now we are just dull, lifeless and sterile. You certianly changed it Mr Mancini.

Fantastic post.

They were there for the taking but we didn't have the guts to take a chance.

I can forgive almost anything in football but I cannot forgive the manager for the utter dross he has subjected us to over the last eleven months.

This isn't football we are watching. We are not trying to win games. We are trying to attain points by strangling the life out of the opposition. The fact that we have scored just 15 goals and conceded 10 in 12 league games tells you everything you need to know about how we are going about our business.

All this bollocks about the team needing time to gel is just that. It's the same at every other club but they don't still trot it out three months into the season and 19 games in.

This is Mancini's football and it isn't going to change. At least when Stuart Pearce made us dull there was a reason for it. He had no money to spend and it was the only way he could keep us in the top flight. There are no excuses now.

The sense of anticipation of watching an enjoyable 90 minutes has gone, and whilst I will be unwavered in my support of the team whilst I am there, I am starting to see signs that many people around me are getting very restless and it's only one big balls-up against crap opposition before many are tipped over the edge. Frustration is rife. People just want to see some football. Is it too much to ask for?

DD said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
.....because you have repeatedly said the following:
"I am trying to change the mentality of this football club".

Tonight I sat in the South Stand and before me I witnessed 11 players playing for Manchester City who were literally paralysed by fear and devoid of any freedom to express the undoubted talents they posess.
You have drained the life out of those players with cautious and stiffling tactics. Your mission AGAIN was to 'not lose'.
In your programme notes you stated the world was watching yet you made them watch a team that resembled the minnow, grimly holding out for the lucrative replay against the bigger team. I was embarassed, bored and frankly ashamed.

So fellow City fans, was that what you all expected when in the summer we bought the magician Silva? The powerhouse Yaya? The dynamic Milner who ran Villas side on his own and scored many goals?
Our own club has raised our levels of expectations to new heights yet we watch dross.
Mancini AGAIN bottled it. He played the media institution that is the scum. He played Charlton, Best, Cantona and all the other ingredients which make up that lot. He should have played Park, Fletcher, berbatov and co. Let's make no mistake, the Scum are NOT a good side anymore. Last season in the semi's they were not a good side. Yet City like most other teams have lost the game before the first minute. Oh, sorry, yes, we got a 0-0 draw. Well done Mr Mancini. Well done for sending out a side devoid of any attacking intentions. Tonight we were again little city, the small team in fear of the big bad opposition. It was pathetic.

Those who are satisfied with a draw have NO expectations and must be frozen in a time warp of zero expectation. I had no expectation for 25 years and was never promised any so i didn't moan. Now we are promised the world. We are told we are on the level of The Scum now, deserve to be favourites, yet we make substitutions in the 92nd minute to eat away time, and slope off with a point.

Yes I'm annoyed. We have had average sides before which actually put 3, 4 or even 5 goals past The Scum, now we have the best team ever, they have one of their poorest and we scrape a 0-0 draw, the irony is stunning.

I never wanted this guy. I certainly didn't want him retained this season. I bit my tongue, voiced my concern on here but always TRIED to understand something bigger, that Mancini MUST know something I couldn't see. Tonight he utterly ratified my original opinion from last season. He is too scared to take a chance.

I waited a few hours, didn't want to react straight away, but tonight was such a bitter dissapointment.
So all you lot who are jumping up and down cheering because we held the mighty Darren Fletcher and co to a 0-0 draw, congratulations. You must be happy. You are probably the same ones who were smiling as they left the ground after winning 2-1 in last seasons 1st leg, although the cluued up fans knew it was a wasted opportunity.
For me, the only team which threatened to score onight was the scum. Not us. The home side. They didn't create much of note but I always had a feeling they just might. Never had that with us.
Mr Mancini, another opportunity gone.
YOu said you wanted to change our mentality, well I believe you have. before we were just inconsistent City, scoring many, conceeding many, usually crap but never dull.
Now we are just dull, lifeless and sterile. You certianly changed it Mr Mancini.

Fantastic post.

They were there for the taking but we didn't have the guts to take a chance.

I can forgive almost anything in football but I cannot forgive the manager for the utter dross he has subjected us to over the last eleven months.

This isn't football we are watching. We are not trying to win games. We are trying to attain points by strangling the life out of the opposition. The fact that we have scored just 15 goals and conceded 10 in 12 league games tells you everything you need to know about how we are going about our business.

All this bollocks about the team needing time to gel is just that. It's the same at every other club but they don't still trot it out three months into the season and 19 games in.

This is Mancini's football and it isn't going to change. At least when Stuart Pearce made us dull there was a reason for it. He had no money to spend and it was the only way he could keep us in the top flight. There are no excuses now.

The sense of anticipation of watching an enjoyable 90 minutes has gone, and whilst I will be unwavered in my support of the team whilst I am there, I am starting to see signs that many people around me are getting very restless and it's only one big balls-up against crap opposition before many are tipped over the edge. Frustration is rife. People just want to see some football. Is it too much to ask for?

DD = Drivel Squared & in this case Cubed

Blue Mooner said:
I think we all would have liked to see us 'go for it' a bit more than we did last night but sometimes the result is more important than the performance and the mere fact we reduced the rags to zero chances has filled me full of optimism that the gap is closing if not having been closed.

I felt we had the better of the first half, the rags the better of the second.

Also, by way of some mitigation for the second half performace, at this level it's very fine margins that can make a difference and the rags not only had players that had been rested such as Scholes, Nani and Berbatov but their other players also had an extra days recovery and I think that showed in the rags freshness in the second half.

We still have a way to go on catching the rags mentality success and the winning habit is ingrained into their DNA both players and supporters. In my experience for rags the glass is always half full. We as supporters would have written off Berbatov years ago and yet the rags whilst clearly having doubts still believe that he will come good - and this season its starting to happen - same with Nani he has been useless but now he's starting to look like a player.

We - the fans - have to change as well as the players and the club. Whilst I have some sympathy with the OP and the tone of his post is not the usual vitriolic cr*p we sometime get from supporters I think his expectations have run away from where we are in our development - that said everything is pointing in the right direction and we must keep the faith.

Blue Army !

Spot on ... anyone who wants to see it all in one season is deluded ... time, if given will build an immense team (and mentality) that will last for a LONG time.

de niro said:
i think the op has a point.....
the scum were there for the taking and just as last season we let them off....
scandalous

you think he has a point, you think they were there for the taking, you think it's scandalous we didn't win.....you think - really?

WTF do people want? 13 years without a derby win? Losing games in the last minute 3 times in a year when we open up?

Stop feckin whinging.

In anything you build the foundations then you build the rest,

We are building the defence forwards and we will start expressing ourselves more as the first XI actually plays together, as the team becomes more flawless and has greater understanding in defence. I honestly can't believe that some people are stupid enough to think you can just wave a magic wand and smash a team unbeaten in 24 games who are the best team for 2 decades.

You can dream of pretty foootball but the only manager who has succeeded in building a team (Ancelloti is an inheritor) coming close to matching Fergie was Mourinho and he like Mancini knew you have to build from the back and only when your foundations are built can you build walls and a roof.

Watch how Inter won the Champions league - tedious and negative compared to the guaranteed winners Barcelona. Though when I last looked I couldn't see Barca's name on the trophy.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 pm --<br /><br />and i tell you what if the government haven't wiped out public debt by the end of the year and gone into a 100m surplus by creating 2m new jobs by March I will stamp my little feet

Boo fucking hoo we got a draw, United are shite now are they, well tell me the last time they lost a league game.

I tell you what let's sack the manager, fuck off I can't stand such utter utter bollox from fans that should know better.

He's Italian, clean sheet first the rest will follow, get used to it as he's going nowhere and rightly so.

People calling for his head=fuckwits.

Fuck off to OT.

EalingBlue2 said:
WTF do people want? 13 years without a derby win? Losing games in the last minute 3 times in a year when we open up?

Stop feckin whinging.

In anything you build the foundations then you build the rest,

We are building the defence forwards and we will start expressing ourselves more as the first XI actually plays together, as the team becomes more flawless and has greater understanding in defence. I honestly can't believe that some people are stupid enough to think you can just wave a magic wand and smash a team unbeaten in 24 games who are the best team for 2 decades.

You can dream of pretty foootball but the only manager who has succeeded in building a team (Ancelloti is an inheritor) coming close to matching Fergie was Mourinho and he like Mancini knew you have to build from the back and only when your foundations are built can you build walls and a roof.

Watch how Inter won the Champions league - tedious and negative compared to the guaranteed winners Barcelona. Though when I last looked I couldn't see Barca's name on the trophy.

-- Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 pm --

and i tell you what if the government haven't wiped out public debt by the end of the year and gone into a 100m surplus by creating 2m new jobs by March I will stamp my little feet

?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.