munich and the truth

hooter said:
Damocles said:
Yeah, that's still £15,000 every game on gate receipts, adjusted for inflation works out at around £300,000 every week.

Which part of this are you not getting?

By the way, stop with the whole "times were different" shit. It's now becoming borderline trolling.
OK, we had Multimillion pound backing back then...........and they sould have gave it all to the past players.

Yes, you had Louis Edwards, famed for raising money by selling poisonous meat to schoolchildren. He was that flash that they used to call him 'Champagne Louie'. Not "Meat Pie and Mug of Tea Lou".

On the other point, I don't think it's too much to ask to throw a few hundred quid a month the way of relatives of families members who died in the service of your club whilst earning several million quid a year in profits, no.
Even after this, during the 90s when it came back up again, you could have given them a substantial sum instead of scraps considering the money and fame that you achieved off of their backs.

Damocles said:
hooter said:
OK, we had Multimillion pound backing back then......

Yes, you had Louis Edwards, famed for raising money by selling poisonous meat to schoolchildren. He was that flash that they used to call him 'Champagne Louie'. Not "Meat Pie and Mug of Tea Lou"
So true, do you think we are proud of him? he wanted to sell Utd for £7m.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hooter said:
Please do, but let me reply about City and not ban me.

let you stay and talk about CITY when you know fuck all about your own club?

You're lucky Damo is the mod and I ain't cos you'd have been outta here from page 1.
And you do?

You seem to think fans have a say in the clubs business, we have tried unsuccessfully, I'd love to make the world right, but I can't.

hooter said:
You seem to think fans have a say in the clubs business, we have tried unsuccessfully, I'd love to make the world right, but I can't.

that would be fine and dandy except you knowingly(well actually, clearly you don't) and willingly support the club in every action and message it stands for, so really you do have 1 big almighty say, you just choose not to exercise the right to make your club something that could be remotely morally acceptable, instead you pander to its every disgrace.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hooter said:

that would be fine and dandy except you knowingly(well actually, clearly you don't) and willingly support the club in every action and message it stands for, so really you do have 1 big almighty say, you just choose not to exercise the right to make your club something that could be remotely morally acceptable, instead you pander to its every disgrace.
If United was unsuccessful would you be so upset.

hooter said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
If United was unsuccessful would you be so upset.

Irrelevant, as I have disdain for other clubs like Liverpool who also play the victim card for their own commercial gain.

Only last weekend did I appeal to the BBC for air time on 606 to raise awareness for the Neil Young Appeal, something I have worked on quite a lot without any attention or fuss for the past month, and get turned down, probably because the cause wasn't such a big story for them.

The Appeal has now raised what we believe to be about £17,000, if the scarves estimation is correct.

We've done that, in 1 month, for 1 player and a cancer trust.

Puts you lot to absolute fucking shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.