Munich Anniversary

Yes, they were the good old days when you could call a N***** a N***** and everyone could have a good laugh about it.

It did make us bad people regardless of what decade it was, our only redeeming grace is that (hopefully) we've changed along with society and realise the harm we did (I include myself in that as I'm coming up to 60).

Some people are justifying singing Munich songs because United monetised it, whether they did or not it doesn't excuse our behaviour.
Wow,,never laughed at that term in my life..truthfully never heard that term used at City matches, and always thought we welcomed Black people,Asian people, Jewish people and Gay people at City. Lets just agree to disagree as discussions on the Woke world are polarising. Probably more for a discussion over a pint of beer than a forum as it can be hard to express views in a few lines !! You are a good poster, look after yourself and family and sorry if I have offended.

Wow,,never laughed at that term in my life..truthfully never heard that term used at City matches, and always thought we welcomed Black people,Asian people, Jewish people and Gay people at City. Lets just agree to disagree as discussions on the Woke world are polarising. Probably more for a discussion over a pint of beer than a forum as it can be hard to express views in a few lines !! You are a good poster, look after yourself and family and sorry if I have offended.
No offence taken bud.

Can I just say that AliBobbyJ sent me a wonderful private message to me. As I said to Centurion, it is very hard to sometimes put points across on the forum without causing offence when none was meant.Made my day.Thanks AliBobbyJ. We are all Blues,lets not forget that. Thanks Centurion too.

Agreed, I was at that game, we had beer and I recall we shared minibus from pub with some United fans the to game.....we paid our respects....I even shook hands with a United fan across the divide, they clapped us for our actions.....we were impeccable that day and goes to very heart of why I support CITY.

Plenty of people still did in the 80s and 90s in the context of a comedy film when Blazing Saddles still had mainstream popularity.

Although times change, like 10 years ago on this forum the use of 'caramac 'for a certain player, and I'm sure that would be less acceptable today.

Much as I usually love dissing my namesake, I do recall one moment when he rose above the usual tribal shit throwing, That was when he publicly, humbly and sincerely thanked City fans for the respect shown at the 50th anniversary match.

I remember clearly all the doubts leading up to that game. How would Blues behave? Being a rag hater, I even confess to having mixed feelings myself.

On the day we showed our class and - without a shadow of doubt in hindsight - it was was absolutely the right thing to do.

There are plenty of opportunities to show our feelings about that club. The Munich anniversary wasn’t one of them.

Last edited:
& your post is sponsored by AIG

You are aware of the facts with regards to the post aren’t you?

Yes it’s a sad tragedy, but it was United themselves who decided to use it as a marketing tool, not the poster you have a problem with, so why not call United out about it?

The fact United did that is the sad thing, not someone calling them out for it in my opinion

How much do you think AIG paid United for the privilege?
no mate, the sad thing is that a grown man like yourself can't find it within himself to show some respect for 23 people that died in a tragic accident!

Classy that pal!

13 years ago today that match! 10th February 2008.

One of my favourite City games of all time.

that is the only time I have ever been there and not been kept in by the police when we have won, I didn't see one bit of trouble after that match

I think at some point you have to get over things, United have never remembered the Munich Air Disaster, they have always focused on remembering the 8 players lost in the tragedy, The flowers of Manchester, which is enough for them.
When we sang Munich, and most of us have at some point, I think we disrespected the whole City of Manchester and the 23 who were lost on that terrible day.
I don't know how there loved ones must have felt, and I regret ever singing it. But!!
It's 63 years on now and sadly worse things have happened, there are kids now getting upset over the Munich tragedy and there Grandparents were not even born.
I think they need to hold a memorial in Manchester Cathederal to remember all the 23 who died,which would in my opinion be much more dignified and respectful to all 23 lost souls.
This was a tragedy for Football and Manchester, personally I wouldn't attend, like I said "At some point you have to get over things"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.