Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

Longsight-memories said:
M18CTID said:
Yeah that's right - punish those of us in 111 that don't join in with those songs.

You're succeeding with making an increasingly bigger tit of yourself regarding this topic. Most people want these chants to stop but there's no need to come up with warped suggestions like the one above.

Very sorry pal ...but I don’t think it’s ME you need to chastise it’s your fellow 111 supporters..
The club will sort this out..and I would guess they will do what ever needs to be done..
And that could well involve banning people and closing areas (or maybe moving people)
But to have a go at me ??lol

Ha Ha this is quality its like Basil Fawlty in Fawlty Towers

I heard some in 110 sing it as well , hang them all stone them all to death

MCFC OK

MCFC OK

shadygiz said:
Longsight-memories said:
Very sorry pal ...but I don’t think it’s ME you need to chastise it’s your fellow 111 supporters..
The club will sort this out..and I would guess they will do what ever needs to be done..
And that could well involve banning people and closing areas (or maybe moving people)

well you leave yourself wide open with fantasy ideas, so expect some flak
th_LookingUplink.jpg

OK... what do you think the club should do?

I've referred to them by the 'M' word since the '70s. I do not find the song or the reference 'vile' or offensive, particularly by comparison to some things that are chanted about players wives/girlfriends/mothers getting fucked in the arse etc (although I don't get offended by that either). I hate Utd with all my being and I look forward to the day when Ferguson dies. HOWEVER, I'd be happy not to sing about 1958 or otherwise make reference to it if it means that the Club don't get embroiled in a shit storm and face sanctions etc.

I also think that those who pontificate about it should apply the same 'holier than thou' approach to other 'offensive' things, some aimed at City and their players, rather than take the 'we're above all that' approach which in my experience is the approach adopted by those who have no stomach for a fight.

i have been going to city now for 45 years, i have never sang the munich song same as a few of my mates, the only people who can stop it is the actual city fans by just having a quiet word, if you start closing a section of the ground which was suggested earlier you are making a big mistake their could be repercussions when it is reopened, i myself are in 110 and not all in there sing that or them songs, i find it a lot easier to re educate rather than the iron fist? city could put some banners opposite that section over ie the colin bell stand with frank swift,s picture and some sort of memorial to him and his family. as for spencer i have not bought one of that copy of that shit paper since our owners took charge, it must be the only local newspaper that tries to dismantle one of it,s own,basically it is digging dirt to disguise what has happened in the next town over the weekend? if he wants to talk about the unhealthy state of the game he should have wrote about the attacks on city fans by his so called great fans on wembley way after the game, which could so easily have caused a death, for me it is shit journalism just to cover up his own teams frailties? if you want a banning order it should that newspaper?

Longsight-memories said:
shadygiz said:
well you leave yourself wide open with fantasy ideas, so expect some flak
th_LookingUplink.jpg

OK... what do you think the club should do?

they cant do much more than they have, which is to get some city legends and the owner to offer their advice on the situation. Then they need to leave it for the fans to sort out.

By banning certain chants, they not only risk alienating huge parts of the ground that like to sing, but also leave themselves open to complaints about other chants because someone may or may not be offended

Longsight-memories said:
M18CTID said:
Yeah that's right - punish those of us in 111 that don't join in with those songs.

You're succeeding with making an increasingly bigger tit of yourself regarding this topic. Most people want these chants to stop but there's no need to come up with warped suggestions like the one above.

This gets better - you want me to tell everyone in 111 to stop doing it. Why don't you come over yourself at the next home game and do it yourself? And besides, if you hadn't noticed, plenty of people in 111 dealt with it yesterday by drowning the chants out. Which is more
than can be said for you.

Boring, non-story, more interested in whats happening on the pitch.
Yes the songs are wrong for loads of reasons, but it's hardly grown up to fuel-up the moral outrage bus and take it for a spin every time someone sings a song. A song FFS. I wish my life was so problem free that a song could knock me of my happy perch, but until the economy, wars and famine are sorted please excuse me if I don't give a fuck.

wow! having a go at block 111... the whole area round there are the only ones that get the atmosphere going ffs! its spreading to the south stand but the majority of the family and colin bell stand is poor for atmosphere, too many empty seats, our tickets arent that expensive, were a top 4 side and in an fa cup final, where were u for the reading game? i bet your the same people having a go at these chants, without 109-112 we wouldnt have an atmosphere or a laugh on a match day.

sum people need to sort there act out on here, there was barely any munich chanting on saturday, the atmosphere was still good, stop having a go at each other and filling this forum with 100s of threads about it.

rant over ;)

BlueTony said:
I totally agree with the OP.

There are so many more perjoratives that can be used for the rags that don't indicate a lack of imagination.

I particularly liked the version that went " who put that ball in satans net" says it all really, they have a devil badge and their manager's face is red and they have the luck of the devil.

There are too many links with the devil for all of this not to be coincidence

Etchy said:
wow! having a go at block 111... the whole area round there are the only ones that get the atmosphere going ffs! its spreading to the south stand but the majority of the family and colin bell stand is poor for atmosphere, too many empty seats, our tickets arent that expensive, were a top 4 side and in an fa cup final, where were u for the reading game? i bet your the same people having a go at these chants, without 109-112 we wouldnt have an atmosphere or a laugh on a match day.

sum people need to sort there act out on here, there was barely any munich chanting on saturday, the atmosphere was still good, stop having a go at each other and filling this forum with 100s of threads about it.

rant over ;)

100% correct barely any munich chanting on saturday...hehehe..the game was on ???

Very sorry i put that STUPID remark in about 111 it was only as a reply to
a thread i agree its not the way for the club to work TOGETHER with the fans
but SOME people cannot get it into their skull.. City as a club & 95% of the clubs fans do not want people singing songs about dead people that put us as a group in a bad light..whats so hard to grasp?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.