Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

I was in 111 again yesterday, and was having a top crack singing all the songs. Then these started again, I just didn't join in and shook my head. When you have people like Colin the king coming out voicing his concern, you'd think people might actually take a bit of notice. Now I'm not getting on my high horse here, and freely admit to joining in with m***ch songs and chants in the past when I was young and daft, and didn't understand what it meant. But now I've grown up I refuse to join in with songs that touch on the loss of life no matter who they may involve. I'd rather be singing songs of support for the lads, I physically cringed yesterday at that "we'll sing what we want" song. Not only is it crap, it just makes us out to be like them goons from the swamp. Point I always make to mates of mine who still sing it, would you sing songs about 9/11 and such like if it involved them lot, cos I feckin wouldn't.

Longsight-memories said:
Mike N said:
So it need hightlighting again? Where have you been all week?

BUT THEY DONT FUCKING LISTEN DO THEY? Shut block 111 for a game they might get the message

He he

MCFC OK

Longsight-memories said:
Mike N said:

BUT THEY DONT FUCKING LISTEN DO THEY? Shut block 111 for a game they might get the message

That will really do the trick, wont it?

Fans who sing it will really not give up then, will they?

Let it go FFS!

masterwig said:
If, as a set of supporters we really want to stop the Munich chants we will. Drown them out, tell them to stop and eventually they will end. And yesterday, despite that article it was clear that was starting to happen. The way the 'Tayayaya Toure' song was sung over the top of "who put the ball in the Munich's net' was exactly how things will change. People won't bother starting songs if nobody will join in with them.

I don't think bans are the way to tackle this properly.
I wouldn't really call the Yaya Toure song a Munich chant on a par with the runway song, or straightforward chanting of Munich which you used to hear when we played them, but as you say yesterday the fans did deal with it, yet the MEN chose to run this story again. It is they that are out of order this time.

That paper is owned by the Mirror Group now anyway, and should be boycotted by all blues. We don't need them.

manchester blue said:
failsworthblueboy said:
Perhaps we should ban people who don't turn up for cup matches this to is humiliating and something they choose to do.

Have you noticed how the "chanters" arguments get more juvenile and pathetic each day. A lot of people, to their credit, have admitted singing this in the past and now have grown up and refrained from it. It is dying out and it's going to be a battle to get the last few people to stop as they appear to have little brain matter and therefore no sense. They seem to think it's hard to mock death, even mocking a City legend's death.

Banning is the only way. Read the ground regulations. There are many ways to enforce it. You've been warned, Banning is next and the sooner the better.
Read the thread not just one page, used to sing the songs about 20 years ago not since and never will again.

Re: Munich chants tarnish Manchester City victory -MEN

That's funny.....Olly Holt tweeted that there was no sign of them chants.

Mmmmm.....agenda?

Shuffs said:
That's funny.....Olly Holt tweeted that there was no sign of them chants.

Mmmmm.....agenda?
They were definitely being sung. By a minority granted, but they were sung.

Agree we ditch any munich chanting , however i dont see united getting bad press for the sick chants they regulary sing about Hillsborough and '96 not enough ' etc etc. It works both ways lets see united come out publicly about that ............ dont hold your breath

I do find the Munich thing is being used as a stick to beat us with, while I do agree it is not needed and the only way to stop it is start banning people, but that is also something I don't agree with
The thing is though I find a lot of what united fans chant and sing wrong ie wenger is a peado, vidich will murder you, the constant shouts of "freak" at Peter crouch etc etc, aswell as hilsbrough, istanbull and so on, now we never here them being attacked in the press, but our local rag of a paper seems to delight in telling the world about a small minority, using the word Munich in a chant, which really is not actually about the disaster, now I feel that is taking the piss, MUEN wank paper

Longsight-memories said:
Mike N said:

Yeah that's right - punish those of us in 111 that don't join in with those songs.

You're succeeding with making an increasingly bigger tit of yourself regarding this topic. Most people want these chants to stop but there's no need to come up with warped suggestions like the one above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.