Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

Longsight-memories said:
Mike N said:
So it need hightlighting again? Where have you been all week?

BUT THEY DONT FUCKING LISTEN DO THEY? Shut block 111 for a game they might get the message

fuck off will you shit stiring...its not all block 111...i stand in 111 and more than a few decent lads around me that didnt sing it....nowt like steroetyping is there, but i wouldn't have suspected anything else going by your OP

Re: Munich chants tarnish Manchester City victory -MEN

Halfpenny said:
Shuffs said:
That's funny.....Olly Holt tweeted that there was no sign of them chants.

Mmmmm.....agenda?
They were definitely being sung. By a minority granted, but they were sung.
But a lot less than before so why run the story again

I totally agree with the OP.

There are so many more perjoratives that can be used for the rags that don't indicate a lack of imagination.

I particularly liked the version that went " who put that ball in satans net" says it all really, they have a devil badge and their manager's face is red and they have the luck of the devil.

Where's the balanced reporting? Where's the article about disrespectful chants in English football, how it needs to stop and giving examples that the Man U fans sing?

Oh is it only City? Okay, fair enough. Disgraceful, single viewed reporting.
Are disrespectful chants unique to Manchester City supporters? MUEN are creating controversy. I, and many others, heard nothing of the sort, at least in the impression that City fans on the whole or the club should be ashamed of any such actions in any way more than ouir neighbours who are aware of Hillsborough and Heysel chants, yet say and do nothing to prevent it.

Where is the condemnation of Utd in this manner by the MEN? Where is the mention of United's defeat to Arsenal marred by Wenger chants?

M18CTID said:
Longsight-memories said:
BUT THEY DONT FUCKING LISTEN DO THEY? Shut block 111 for a game they might get the message

Yeah that's right - punish those of us in 111 that don't join in with those songs.

You're succeeding with making an increasingly bigger tit of yourself regarding this topic. Most people want these chants to stop but there's no need to come up with warped suggestions like the one above.

Very sorry pal ...but I don’t think it’s ME you need to chastise it’s your fellow 111 supporters..
The club will sort this out..and I would guess they will do what ever needs to be done..
And that could well involve banning people and closing areas (or maybe moving people)
But to have a go at me ??lol

Longsight-memories said:
M18CTID said:
Yeah that's right - punish those of us in 111 that don't join in with those songs.

You're succeeding with making an increasingly bigger tit of yourself regarding this topic. Most people want these chants to stop but there's no need to come up with warped suggestions like the one above.

Very sorry pal ...but I don’t think it’s ME you need to chastise it’s your fellow 111 supporters..
The club will sort this out..and I would guess they will do what ever needs to be done..
And that could well involve banning people and closing areas (or maybe moving people)
But to have a go at me ??lol

well you leave yourself wide open with fantasy ideas, so expect some flak

bluebc said:
squirtyflower said:
said so on the other thread
ironic really

but i find 'thick', 'twats', 'scumbags' just as offensive

so how would you politely described someone who thinks it`s cool to sing about people dying ?
They aren`t as offensive, if in work tommorrow someone called me one of those names i wouldn`t be remotely offended but if someone started making songs about a member of my family dying i`d be a bit miffed
i do apologise on behalf of all of those singing (not me i'm in the CB stand), i'm sure they didn't realise that a member of your family had died in the tragedy

Marvin said:
Longsight-memories said:
Get the CCTV film out pick them out and stop the season cards...

they have been asked to Stop and wont listen.. kick em out..

Manchester City's hard-fought 2-1 victory over West Ham was tarnished by a section of hardcore Blues fans again persisting with vile Munich chants.

They ignored manager Roberto Mancini, the club’s hierarchy and legends Colin Bell, Tony Book and Mike Summerbee to carry on the chants about the 1958 tragedy that claimed the lives of 23 people, including eight of the famous Busby Babes.

Summerbee even went so far as to pen his plea in the West Ham match programme.

Club ambassador Summerbee wants the supporters to self-manage the issue, writing: “Please, if you know anyone who sings these songs implore them to stop.”

He said there was no place in the City song book for the “hideous” chants which are not worthy of the great fans who won worldwide acclaim by the way they commemorated the disaster’s 50th anniversary at Old Trafford in 2008.

But a small number of sick supporters ignored him and all the other ex-players and club officials by chanting that they are Manchester City and they will sing what they want before chanting: “Who Put the ball in the Munichs’ net ... Yaya” in reference to City’s FA Cup semi-final win at Wembley
To be honest I expected to hear the Yaya Toure song continually, but I heard it only once. You are trying to create trouble where there is none

nail on head...wish some fucks would get a life....and no i dont sing it

lordloverocket said:
wot about banning singing altogether?

ohh i forgot about 70% of our home crowd dont bother anyway.
STOP MOANING ABOUT IT N GET SINGING! YEP IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR MAKE SOME NOISE N DROWN EM OUT.

If you had listened yesterday you might have noticed that that is what people did!!

As someone has said on the MUEN site, the players have copped on to the media and realise they are just trying to stir trouble so they now ignore them. Therefore the media, especially the MUEN, have now turned on the fans. We need to ignore them as well. (Media and stupid 'fans')

The reporting is out of all proportion to the problem. We all know what motivated the rag Ogden from the Telegraph to make a fuss about it at Blackburn, but to be fair it was sung loud and often at Ewood.

Yesterday the song's one brief appearance quickly fizzled out. Many on here who attended the game didn't even hear it, so why this misreporting from our local paper? No surprise to see Spencer's name all over it. Disappointed in Brennan. I thought he'd overcome his unfortunate club allegiance very well until putting his name to this rag agenda-led drivel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.