Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

shadygiz said:
Longsight-memories said:
th_LookingUplink.jpg

OK... what do you think the club should do?

they cant do much more than they have, which is to get some city legends and the owner to offer their advice on the situation. Then they need to leave it for the fans to sort out.

By banning certain chants, they not only risk alienating huge parts of the ground that like to sing, but also leave themselves open to complaints about other chants because someone may or may not be offended

All thy have to do is ban a few people - that'll sort it

Regular Joe said:
The reporting is out of all proportion to the problem. We all know what motivated the rag Ogden from the Telegraph to make a fuss about it at Blackburn, but to be fair it was sung loud and often at Ewood.

Yesterday the song's one brief appearance quickly fizzled out. Many on here who attended the game didn't even hear it, so why this misreporting from our local paper? No surprise to see Spencer's name all over it. Disappointed in Brennan. I thought he'd overcome his unfortunate club allegiance very well until putting his name to this rag agenda-led drivel.

A lot of the posts on here like this are 'shooting the messenger' and ignoring the the point that people in our stadium are prepared to be associated with a song that 'laughs' about the deaths of 23 men. Less than half who were directly associated with manure. 2 were crew, 8 were journalists including Frank Swift. The rest passengers. This was not a private aircraft chartered by manure it had passengers and crew totally unrelated to football in any way. Whats good about singing a song 'cartooning' their trauma?

Feed the Elk said:
shadygiz said:
they cant do much more than they have, which is to get some city legends and the owner to offer their advice on the situation. Then they need to leave it for the fans to sort out.

By banning certain chants, they not only risk alienating huge parts of the ground that like to sing, but also leave themselves open to complaints about other chants because someone may or may not be offended

like the smoking you mean?

Bossman Blue said:
Regular Joe said:
The reporting is out of all proportion to the problem. We all know what motivated the rag Ogden from the Telegraph to make a fuss about it at Blackburn, but to be fair it was sung loud and often at Ewood.

Yesterday the song's one brief appearance quickly fizzled out. Many on here who attended the game didn't even hear it, so why this misreporting from our local paper? No surprise to see Spencer's name all over it. Disappointed in Brennan. I thought he'd overcome his unfortunate club allegiance very well until putting his name to this rag agenda-led drivel.

A lot of the posts on here like this are 'shooting the messenger' and ignoring the the point that people in our stadium are prepared to be associated with a song that 'laughs' about the deaths of 23 men. Less than half who were directly associated with manure. 2 were crew, 8 were journalists including Frank Swift. The rest passengers. This was not a private aircraft chartered by manure it had passengers and crew totally unrelated to football in any way. Whats good about singing a song 'cartooning' their trauma?

Just to play devils (fergiescums) advocate why don't the scum get similar shit for singing about Hillsborough or Hysel?

shadygiz said:
Feed the Elk said:

like the smoking you mean?

then you will get people saying I have or had a sore throat...me i cannot sing a note..others saying i can dance but not sing.. like i say let CCTV sort it out..
its a nothing problem then

Bossman Blue said:
Regular Joe said:

very OTT
if it was the 'runway' song then i would agree
but the yaya one, ffs

BlueTony said:
Bossman Blue said:

Just to play devils (fergiescums) advocate why don't the scum get similar shit for singing about Hillsborough or Hysel?

do they sing it as often as us and as loud, do they also refer to liverpool fans/players as heysels or hillsboroughs ?

Entry to COMS in on City's terms - the have via ex players - the manager even Khaldoon and still its chanted dont care if its by 1 or 100

Club will put spooters into sections where the bulk f this is comng from and start ejecting people and banning them - for those of you who make an excuse its irrelevent - if you dont like the rules set by the club them dont come.

Alternatively carry on singing it get banned and then you can sing at home watching City on the TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.