Munich Chants

The Munich Chants.

Really sorry for another thread but I'm just telling you's what I got told by a steward yesterday.

If your caught by a steward starting any Munich chants then you get thrown out and your seasoncard took of you. The steward said that if they see a couple of fans singing it then they get thrown out but if the whole stand sings it they can't do anything a tall.

Re: The Munich Chants.

SS117 said:
Really sorry for another thread but I'm just telling you's what I got told by a steward yesterday.

If your caught by a steward starting any Munich chants then you get thrown out and your seasoncard took of you. The steward said that if they see a couple of fans singing it then they get thrown out but if the whole stand sings it they can't do anything a tall.
the worse thing they could have done, how to influence and make matters worse by mr fletcher, not the way to handle this?

Re: The club should start banning them..

Sorry 'Singing' but you are wrong. the full song was clearly heared over and over again at Blackburn and was repeatedly sung before the last derby at COMS by a small but highly offensive crowd near 110. They sang load and clear and were obviously enjoying it. We are starting with targeting them as they were easy to identify.

SS117 said:

and why was this steward telling you this?

SS117 said:

You aren't sorry for starting another thread.

*singingtheblues* said:
The game wasn't tarnished by Munich chants, and neither was the game at Ewood.

For more than ten years it has become universally recognised among City fans that (rightly or wrongly) 'Munichs' has become a term to refer to United fans as a collective.

Is it in bad taste?

Yes.

Is it a direct reference to the deaths of dozens of human beings more than 50 years ago?

No.

Great post.

Pointedly, the genuine Munich chants which explicitly refer to the disaster are extremely rare. In the rare case that one or two (usually pissed) degenerates attempt to start one of the said chants, they're discouraged and 9 times out of 10 it ends there.

Genuine Munich chants are frowned upon, and the majority of our match day going fans wouldn't stand for them within earshot.

Referring to United fans as 'Munichs' is offensive, it's meant to be. It's in bad taste, but the application and the context is key. IMO at least, this has just become another stick to beat our club with, the press are clutching at straws now and it tells.

W

-- Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 pm --

e're a threat to the monopoly, and they're using anything they can to undermine us.

You might say we shouldn't give them the opportunity, but why should we concede to their demands? If it isn't some fans referring to a club and its fans who've lived off and marketed a tragic accident for more than 50 years (while doing nothing to help the actual victims of the accident) as 'Munichs', then it'll just be something else.

And besides, how do you interpret what can be construed as offensive and then apply it to the point people are being banned from attending games as a result?

Treading a very thin line once we get to that stage in football.

We paid our respects to those who died in Munich 3 years ago. Any genuine disrespect would have surfaced then if it so existed. But it didn't, because our fans, as a majority, aren't the scum we're regularly depicted as in the press.

Worth remembering that when you label other blues X Y Z.

They are the ones smoking pot in ground and that's another issue I detest particularly when you get it second hand together with your kids

-- Mon May 02, 2011 1:39 pm --

They are the ones smoking pot in ground and that's another issue I detest particularly when you get it second hand together with your kids<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 1:39 pm --<br /><br />They are the ones smoking pot in ground and that's another issue I detest particularly when you get it second hand together with your kids

great and take your fags and pot with you. We are not short of the right sort of fans<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 1:43 pm --<br /><br />great and take your fags and pot with you. We are not short of the right sort of fans

The Fat el Hombre said:
Peter Spencer can fuck off, the victory wasn't tarnished at all. I heard fuck all Munich chants and can only assume it was a select bunch of dicks. Is every victory going to be supposedly tarnished from now on because a small minority sing Munich sons (just as they always have done). Lazy Shite journalism

The easy target for the intellectually-challenged. Much better to appeal to a ready audience about how unworthy we are at MCFC for any future honours 'cos we, like every club in the land and on the planet, have a tiny minority of fans who have but a brain cell between them. But it's MCFC so fair game, let's have a pop, again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.