Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

It wasn't many singing it yesterday. A few at the back of 110.

It will die out eventually. Just a few stubborn fuckers on a rebellious trip.

I would not dream of banning people for it though!!!!!!

A word in the ear should be enough.

Munich is sang plenty of times in other songs and this City fan bashing must STOP.

The fans are not judged by a minority stubbornly singing silly songs which physically hurt NO ONE.

squirtyflower said:
MCFC BOB said:
Is it just me that didn't hear any Munich chants whatsoever?
i heard none at all yesterday

plenty on monday, but none yesterday
i didn't hear any up on level 3 but it was tedious at Blackburn

Bossman Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
how could yaya's song be sung back in november?

that's some fucking foresight from 110/111

It was not YaYa's song. Read and understand my post it was the full song including the lines about those on the runway. Is that what you want to hear at a football match. Stop trying to be clever and read the post.
and what most are saying is that there is a distinct difference between the yaya song and the runway song, but you want to lump the two together as being vile
hence being clever, yes, as i'm trying to create a counter argument to yours, which seems to be anyone who uses the m word is vile and should be banned
qed, i must have read your post

*singingtheblues* said:
Bossman Blue said:
Sorry 'Singing' but you are wrong. the full song was clearly heared over and over again at Blackburn and was repeatedly sung before the last derby at COMS by a small but highly offensive crowd near 110. They sang load and clear and were obviously enjoying it. We are starting with targeting them as they were easy to identify.

It was heard over and over again at Blackburn?

I know, because I was there, and yes, I sang along too.

But that's because I have my own interpretation of the song itself, and not the tabloids'. It's a celebration of Yaya's goal at Wembley, nothing more nothing less.

I went into great detail on the misrepresentation of it in my previous post. But that's my stance. And I presume you're referring to a different song altogether if you're telling me it was heard in November?

What's more, what of the tens of thousands who sing the Tevez song; "he hates Munichs"?

Should we ban more than 80% of our match going fans too?

As far as I am concerned this debate started with the full munich song. Started by the singing at Blackburn. That sensitized the press to it and us and now any mention of munich is blown up as City showing disrespect to the dead. Stop singing about munich and the press stop saying we have no respect.

Mountain out of a molehill.

Sitting in 106, I heard the "sing what we want" and "who put the ball...." once only and sung by what appeared and sounded to be a small cluster of fans.

Munich references yesterday were audibly quieter. I could only just make out the "Munich" at the end of "if you hate man utd clap your hands"

Pissed off the the MEN choose to highlight this when the rag loving nationals aren't. They are making something of nothing, I think people are getting the message already and to me, was completely noticeable yesterday.

I'm not arsed what fans sing or the media say, but what does piss me is the fact it is being made out that only fans of Manchester City Football Club sing "vile" songs. If they want to highlight it as a whole across the English football leagues, fair enough, yet to only shine the spot light on City fans is a disgrace. The agenda is obviously to attack our club and not to stamp out offensive chants at football matches.

Bossman Blue said:
felixbg said:
you want to go round reporting fellow blues and asking them to be thrown out?

In a word YES and to have all access to Loyalty points removed

It's a shame that whilst loyal vocal fans that go all over europe to watch city are getting accused of smoking and given bans from 111 when goons like yourself are allowed in. if you don't like it move to the family stand, or better still write to your local primary school and see if they need a lunch-time supervisor. pathetic.

mancityvstoke said:

Munich is sang plenty of times in other songs and this City fan bashing must STOP.

The fans are not judged by a minority stubbornly singing silly songs which physically hurt NO ONE.

Sorry but you are wrong. Its in the paper so it must be true, thats what joe public thinks. And before you deny happens this just think about the number of times on this site our own fans slag off a player or the club because of something that they have read in a paper without ever questioning if the paper has an agenda.

the op
Longsight-memories said:
Get the CCTV film out pick them out and stop the season cards...

they have been asked to Stop and wont listen.. kick em out..

Manchester City's hard-fought 2-1 victory over West Ham was tarnished by a section of hardcore Blues fans again persisting with vile Munich chants.

They ignored manager Roberto Mancini, the club’s hierarchy and legends Colin Bell, Tony Book and Mike Summerbee to carry on the chants about the 1958 tragedy that claimed the lives of 23 people, including eight of the famous Busby Babes.

Summerbee even went so far as to pen his plea in the West Ham match programme.

Club ambassador Summerbee wants the supporters to self-manage the issue, writing: “Please, if you know anyone who sings these songs implore them to stop.”

He said there was no place in the City song book for the “hideous” chants which are not worthy of the great fans who won worldwide acclaim by the way they commemorated the disaster’s 50th anniversary at Old Trafford in 2008.

But a small number of sick supporters ignored him and all the other ex-players and club officials by chanting that they are Manchester City and they will sing what they want before chanting: “Who Put the ball in the Munichs’ net ... Yaya” in reference to City’s FA Cup semi-final win at Wembley
Bossman Blue said:
*singingtheblues* said:
It was heard over and over again at Blackburn?

I know, because I was there, and yes, I sang along too.

But that's because I have my own interpretation of the song itself, and not the tabloids'. It's a celebration of Yaya's goal at Wembley, nothing more nothing less.

I went into great detail on the misrepresentation of it in my previous post. But that's my stance. And I presume you're referring to a different song altogether if you're telling me it was heard in November?

What's more, what of the tens of thousands who sing the Tevez song; "he hates Munichs"?

Should we ban more than 80% of our match going fans too?

As far as I am concerned this debate started with the full munich song. Started by the singing at Blackburn. That sensitized the press to it and us and now any mention of munich is blown up as City showing disrespect to the dead. Stop singing about munich and the press stop saying we have no respect.

well you are WRONG then, and not for the first time either

berger1985 said:
Mountain out of a molehill.

Sitting in 106, I heard the "sing what we want" and "who put the ball...." once only and sung by what appeared and sounded to be a small cluster of fans.

Munich references yesterday were audibly quieter. I could only just make out the "Munich" at the end of "if you hate man utd clap your hands"

Pissed off the the MEN choose to highlight this when the rag loving nationals aren't. They are making something of nothing, I think people are getting the message already and to me, was completely noticeable yesterday.

I'm not arsed what fans sing or the media say, but what does piss me is the fact it is being made out that only fans of Manchester City Football Club sing "vile" songs. If they want to highlight it as a whole across the English football leagues, fair enough, yet to only shine the spot light on City fans is a disgrace. The agenda is obviously to attack our club and not to stamp out offensive chants at football matches.
Agree with every word of that

Bossman Blue said:
mancityvstoke said:

Sorry but you are wrong. Its in the paper so it must be true, thats what joe public thinks. And before you deny happens this just think about the number of times on this site our own fans slag off a player or the club because of something that they have read in a paper without ever questioning if the paper has an agenda.

Wow, you really are a scummy person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.