Munich meet up: 27th September 11am Augustiner Keller

Citycitytid said:
bayern blade said:
MCC said:
Those thinking of launching themselves into it at 11am be fucking warned. I personally don`t think it`s a good idea unless you are planning on not watching the game. It`s very, very strong stuff.

I can't emphasise strongly enough the need to take it steady. A few hours in a biertent and you come out into the fresh air and it hits you like a hammer, you're out of it.
When Bayern play at home on an Oktoberfest Saturday we've often been to the fest at midday and had 3 litres before heading off to the game (3:30 kick off) and we were flying fairly high then.
The state anyone would be in after a dinnertime start with the kick off at 8:45 should be fairly easy to imagine, and if you are completely arseholed you almost certainly won't be allowed in the arena.

I'd recommend that anyone having a midday start at the fest goes back to the hotel about 3 o'clock for a couple of hours sleep before carrying on.

Sleep?

We aint coming to the biggest beer festival in the world to have a sleep mate ;)

City were on the Piss again
1 Bannana 2 Bannana 3 Bannana 4

Bayern blade, I don't suppose you could do a quick summary for me here. If you get time at some point....

How to get to the Keller from Munich airport...
How to get to the festival from the Keller...
How to get to the stadium from the festival...

Any help will be appreciated.

Citycitytid said:
Bayern blade, I don't suppose you could do a quick summary for me here. If you get time at some point....

Dead Easy mate
1. Taxi
2. Taxi
3. Taxi

Citycitytid said:

Munich transport is very good indeed. You are best of buying a day pass or a 3 day pass depending on how long you are here. You can also get group tickets which makes it cheaper for groups.

How to get to the Keller from Munich airport.... Take the S-Bahn to the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) and you can walk it in 10mins. You can also catch a tram from out the front and I think it is 2-3 stops.

How to get to the festival from the Keller.... You could probably walk it in 20mins or so. Or go to the Hauptbahnhof and jump on the U5 to Theresienwiese (1 stop)

How to get to the stadium from the festival.... Take the U6 U-Bahn. The trip is about 20mins long from Marienplatz (center of Munich)

Here is the transport site for Munich in English.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/index.html</a>

Citycitytid said:

Train from the Airport get off at Hackerbruke walk up the steps turn right and then right at the lights. 500 metres on left hand side of the road is the Keller.

Back on train at Hackerbruke get off at Marienplatz get the tram to the stadium( one change)

MCC said:
How to get to the stadium from the festival.... Take the U6 U-Bahn. The trip is about 20mins long from Marienplatz (center of Munich)
Yes, from the bierfestival it's the best solution to take the U6 from e.g. Poccistraße.
If you enter the U6 at Marienplatz, it might take some time to catch a not-overcrowded U6 as you won't be the only one who head towards the stadium ;-)

From the underground station 'Fröttmaning' you've to walk about 10-15 min to the admission control and inside the stadium area you'll have to walk around the stadium (take the right way around the stadium) in order to reach your sector in the upper tier. The view from there is breathing taking! OK, at least it takes your breath away to reach the upper tier :-)

Citycitytid said:

I would have done but others have done it already !<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:21 pm --<br /><br />
Robbo. said:
Is there any pubs around the stadium?

Nothing at all really if you are coming in on the U-Bahn.

Bayern Blade,my mates are staying in Best Western seidhof landhotel near Haar just outside Munich,they have said i can dive in one of their rooms but i'd prefer to book something on my own near to that area as i will be driving them to that hotel,is there anywhere cheapish around that general area.Could do with somewhere near train station,also what time do the trains/underground run until,not many questions for you there BB,any help would be appreciated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.