Munich meet up: 27th September 11am Augustiner Keller

bainy said:
tasker said:
beer prices seem ok
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.augustinerkeller.de/en/Speisekarten/Drinks.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.augustinerkeller.de/en/Speis ... Drinks.htm</a>

The beer festival prices are usually dearer than on that link- the offical munich beer festival site said beer per litre was set between 8 and 9 euros.
Hope the link prices are correct though!!

It`s pretty much 10€ a liter at Oktoberfest. If you don`t tip the waiter he is not going to serve you. The waiters can earn 16K€ for two weeks work at the Oktoberfest. Not a bad job!

I think I'm looking forward to the festival, just as much as I am looking forward to the game!

Trip to Poznan was mega, this will be twice as good!

If the weather is bad the Augustinerkeller has an indoor section. The downstairs bar is brilliant but not always open. Let`s see what the weather is like closer to the time. If it is bad I will see if I can get them to open downstairs up. How many bluemooners are planning on going to the meet up at Augustinerkeller?

MCC said:
If the weather is bad the Augustinerkeller has an indoor section. The downstairs bar is brilliant but not always open. Let`s see what the weather is like closer to the time. If it is bad I will see if I can get them to open downstairs up. How many bluemooners are planning on going to the meet up at Augustinerkeller?

Me+my lad(The Blue on here), will be there about 2.00pm.

MCC said:
Those thinking of launching themselves into it at 11am be fucking warned. I personally don`t think it`s a good idea unless you are planning on not watching the game. It`s very, very strong stuff.

I can't emphasise strongly enough the need to take it steady. A few hours in a biertent and you come out into the fresh air and it hits you like a hammer, you're out of it.
When Bayern play at home on an Oktoberfest Saturday we've often been to the fest at midday and had 3 litres before heading off to the game (3:30 kick off) and we were flying fairly high then.
The state anyone would be in after a dinnertime start with the kick off at 8:45 should be fairly easy to imagine, and if you are completely arseholed you almost certainly won't be allowed in the arena.

I'd recommend that anyone having a midday start at the fest goes back to the hotel about 3 o'clock for a couple of hours sleep before carrying on.

bayern blade said:
MCC said:
Those thinking of launching themselves into it at 11am be fucking warned. I personally don`t think it`s a good idea unless you are planning on not watching the game. It`s very, very strong stuff.

I can't emphasise strongly enough the need to take it steady. A few hours in a biertent and you come out into the fresh air and it hits you like a hammer, you're out of it.
When Bayern play at home on an Oktoberfest Saturday we've often been to the fest at midday and had 3 litres before heading off to the game (3:30 kick off) and we were flying fairly high then.
The state anyone would be in after a dinnertime start with the kick off at 8:45 should be fairly easy to imagine, and if you are completely arseholed you almost certainly won't be allowed in the arena.

I'd recommend that anyone having a midday start at the fest goes back to the hotel about 3 o'clock for a couple of hours sleep before carrying on.

Sleep?

We aint coming to the biggest beer festival in the world to have a sleep mate ;)

bayern blade said:
MCC said:

As I've said previously, the beer is deceptively strong and catches so many people out - even the locals. I'll probably be arriving in the city centre around 1.30 PM but I'm planning to hit the Augustiner Keller and stick to pints - hopefully I'll be able to pace myself for a change. I'm not too bothered about missing the Oktoberfest as I've experienced it before but plenty of our fans haven't and they may be in for a shock.

Citycitytid said:
Sleep?

We aint coming to the biggest beer festival in the world to have a sleep mate ;)

I'm sure you aren't but you don't want to be sleeping during the match either. I've seen it happen, several times.

If I was down for the game I'd not bother with the fest and just go down the pub pre-match.
Having said that I've been many times to the fest since 1985 so it's not a big deal anymore, obviously for anyone who's never been it's a must see.

All I'm saying is pace yourselves, I speak from experience. After a game v Nürnberg in September 1985 we went back to the Oktoberfest after the game, later, absolutely plastered, we went for the last train home (we were living near Garmisch at the time).
I remember getting the train, the next thing I remember is snapping out of a trance in a pub in Farchant, a village near Garmisch about 1am.
I'd got a pint in front of me and the crosses on my biermat showed I'd already drunk one bier.
I'd no idea how I'd got from train to pub and drunk a pint and a half on automatic pilot.

mcfc1632 said:
Tried asking on another thread - but this one seems to be getting more views

Any advice/recommendations on hotels that people are using - online searches I am getting are very very expensive - I am staying over Monday and Tuedsday

Don't expect a bargain. Some good deals on lastminute if you're still struggling. I've booked through them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.