Munich meet up: 27th September 11am Augustiner Keller

johnmars said:
mcfc1632 said:
Tried asking on another thread - but this one seems to be getting more views

Any advice/recommendations on hotels that people are using - online searches I am getting are very very expensive - I am staying over Monday and Tuedsday

Don't expect a bargain. Some good deals on lastminute if you're still struggling. I've booked through them

I booked the Holiday Inn Munich-Schwabing yesterday. 2 nights, between 3 of us came to £345. £115 each in a decentish hotel 3 miles from the city centre is a pretty good deal, I thought

unsworthblue said:
Bayern Blade,my mates are staying in Best Western seidhof landhotel near Haar just outside Munich,they have said i can dive in one of their rooms but i'd prefer to book something on my own near to that area as i will be driving them to that hotel,is there anywhere cheapish around that general area.Could do with somewhere near train station,also what time do the trains/underground run until,not many questions for you there BB,any help would be appreciated

There are S-Bahn trains leaving the main station towards Haar on 27/9/11 at :

23.19 - 23.39 - 23.59 - then next day at 00.59 - 01.39 - 04.59, journey time about 23 minutes to Haar.
You want the S-4 in the direction of Ebersberg or the S-6 in the direction of Zorneding. The S-Bahn station is under the main railway station (Hbf) and easy to find, just follow the large white S signs in a green circle.
The U-Bahn will be running until about 2am generally during the Oktoberfest.

Sorry but I've no idea about the hotel situation in and around Haar, I'd try the tourist office website. Getting a hotel won't be easy atm because of the fest.
You may end up kipping on the floor of your mates room but good luck anyway.

bayern blade said:
unsworthblue said:
Bayern Blade,my mates are staying in Best Western seidhof landhotel near Haar just outside Munich,they have said i can dive in one of their rooms but i'd prefer to book something on my own near to that area as i will be driving them to that hotel,is there anywhere cheapish around that general area.Could do with somewhere near train station,also what time do the trains/underground run until,not many questions for you there BB,any help would be appreciated

23.19 - 23.39 - 23.59 - then next day at 00.59 - 01.39 - 04.59, journey time about 23 minutes to Haar.
You want the S-4 in the direction of Ebersberg or the S-6 in the direction of Zorneding. The S-Bahn station is under the main railway station (Hbf) and easy to find, just follow the large white S signs in a green circle.

Sorry but I've no idea about the hotel situation in and around Haar, I'd try the tourist office website. Getting a hotel won't be easy atm because of the fest.
top man BB,thanks

ali_bee said:
johnmars said:
mcfc1632 said:
Tried asking on another thread - but this one seems to be getting more views

Any advice/recommendations on hotels that people are using - online searches I am getting are very very expensive - I am staying over Monday and Tuedsday

Don't expect a bargain. Some good deals on lastminute if you're still struggling. I've booked through them

I booked the Holiday Inn Munich-Schwabing yesterday. 2 nights, between 3 of us came to £345. £115 each in a decentish hotel 3 miles from the city centre is a pretty good deal, I thought

i stayed at that one about 3 years ago - really nice hotel mate.

Robbo. said:
Is there any pubs around the stadium?
The area around the stadium feels like landing on the moon... There's actually nothing worth to spend one minute

But: At the station 'Fröttmaning' they normally serve beer (with alcohol; towards the stadium you won't get any alcohol) at the kiosk. And in the area there's also a small tennis-club, where you can normally drink beer (indoor and outdoor)
<a class="postlink" href="http://g.co/maps/ad8rw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://g.co/maps/ad8rw</a>

-- Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:04 pm --

unsworthblue said:
bayern blade said:
unsworthblue said:

top man BB,thanks
Forget what bayern blade wrote about S-Bahn towards Haar!!!
Best Western Seidlhof in Salmdorf is in walking-distance (ca. 1km) from the underground station (line U2) Messestadt-Ost (Trade-fair east)!
U2 departs from central station until 00:50 every 10 minutes; after that the last U2 leaves at 01:15

<a class="postlink" href="http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/DE/Haar-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-Seidlhof-Landhotel/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=95365&group=false&disablenav=true&hideProgressBar=false&photoCategory=HOME" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern ... egory=HOME</a>

You'll hardly find any cheap bed in that area... You'd better buy a comfortable lilo instead :-)

By the way: In that area you can sing Munich-songs if you want to... It's the former airport Munich-Riem ;-)

bayern-flo said:
Forget what bayern blade wrote about S-Bahn towards Haar!!!
Best Western Seidlhof in Salmdorf is in walking-distance (ca. 1km) from the underground station (line U2) Messestadt-Ost (Trade-fair east)!
U2 departs from central station until 00:50 every 10 minutes; after that the last U2 leaves at 01:15

Er...he told me his mates are staying in Haar you silly sod, therefore I gave him S-Bahn times/directions to the place.

Tbh if I leave my current job I'm thinking about applying to Thomas Cook :-).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/web4archiv/objects/download/netz11a4englisch.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/web4archiv/o ... glisch.pdf</a>

I have printed this off, it may prove useful

MCC said:
Paz said:
Anyone know if the public transport runs through the night? Im on the notorious 06:35am Singapore airways flight back and can't decide what to do after the game if I make it to the Allianz that is

Yes, you will be able to get to the airport in the morning. I urge people to take the S8 and not the S1 when going to the airport if you are staying in the city center. This is because part of the S1 does not go to the airport but splits off and goes on another route. A nightmare if you don`t understand the system and are steaming.

I take it there are clear signs for the S8 at the main train station in Munich?

M18CTID said:
MCC said:
Paz said:
Anyone know if the public transport runs through the night? Im on the notorious 06:35am Singapore airways flight back and can't decide what to do after the game if I make it to the Allianz that is

Yes, you will be able to get to the airport in the morning. I urge people to take the S8 and not the S1 when going to the airport if you are staying in the city center. This is because part of the S1 does not go to the airport but splits off and goes on another route. A nightmare if you don`t understand the system and are steaming.

I take it there are clear signs for the S8 at the main train station in Munich?

Here is a plan for the main train station - there is signs inside the main station how to go down to the S-Bahn-Station

http://www.bahnhof.de/site/bahnhoefe/zubehoer__assets/de/bahnhofsplaene/bahnhofsplan__muenchen.pdf

The round green circle with the S in it is the sign for the S-Bahn. The blue square with the U in it that for the Underground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.