Munich songs.

Okay maybe you haven't said majority (skimmed original post, probably read that wrong), but to say a large amount is still probably exaggerating.

A provision of seating would be completely unfeasable. There is already limited tickets in the away end, and the people who go to away matches are the ones who sing, stand and even dance, hence the atmosphere at those games being better than at home. It surely is not coincidence that the atmosphere increases as the number of people stood up does. The club do not sell seated/standing only tickets, as they are not allowed to be seen to be endorsing standing (same with other clubs), so they cannot make that guarantee. However I do not think that people stand up at away matches because the people at the front are stood up. This isn't 111, there are no season ticket holders, its not the same people at the front every week who choose to stand up.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:41 pm --<br /><br />This is like arguing with a creationist.

If you don't think the majority of away fans want to stand then there is no point in arguing with you, you're never going to be convinced otherwise.

Manchester la la la la said:
foley87 said:
people moaning at standing up at away games

either the mods have been defeated by the rags on the wum or this forum really is full of absolute morons

quite correct foley

if the 'majority' wanted to sit, why is row one of every away game all stood?

-- Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:38 pm --

Royaloak said:
greenie_34 said:
Question, a 71 year old man likes Slipknot, does he go to their gig and the moshpit? No, because he understands the territory that comes with a ticket. Is it unfortunate? Yes, but if the majority choose to stand, then he either moves with the crowd or declines the ticket.

Maybe we should just sell away tickets to the under 60’s - while we’re at it, let’s also restrict ticket sales to those over 5’6”. It’s probably illegal, but who gives a shit. Incidentally, because everybody has to stand, it doesn’t mean that the majority necessarily want to.

my missus is 5'2, loves standing, is over 30, andsaw the whole game perfectly fine from the middle of the lower tier on saturday...

I assume that she didn’t have someone like me standing in front of her on this occasion, unless she’s one of those rare women who can see through solid objects. And does ‘over 30’ mean ’35’, or does it mean ’65’ - thee’s a difference.

You are right in so much as you know what to expect at way games but at our biggest away game in 30 years at Wembley in May there were almost fights over the issue and most people in the top tier were sat down! I wanted to stand but the majority around me didn't! Majority won. Of course 90% of these will never go to any other aways.

I think the club should perhaps keep the first couple of rows free for these sort of issues then people who really do want to sit or have to can choose these rows!

greenie_34 said:
Okay maybe you haven't said majority (skimmed original post, probably read that wrong), but to say a large amount is still probably exaggerating.

A provision of seating would be completely unfeasable. There is already limited tickets in the away end, and the people who go to away matches are the ones who sing, stand and even dance, hence the atmosphere at those games being better than at home. It surely is not coincidence that the atmosphere increases as the number of people stood up does. The club do not sell seated/standing only tickets, as they are not allowed to be seen to be endorsing standing (same with other clubs), so they cannot make that guarantee. However I do not think that people stand up at away matches because the people at the front are stood up. This isn't 111, there are no season ticket holders, its not the same people at the front every week who choose to stand up.

-- Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:41 pm --

This is like arguing with a creationist.

If you don't think the majority of away fans want to stand then there is no point in arguing with you, you're never going to be convinced otherwise.

The majority may well want to stand and I wouldn’t want to - I’d bring back standing areas having grown up on the Kippax St and loved every minute of it. However, there are a lot of people who just can’t do it and short of stopping going, there doesn’t seem to be a solution. Our away support these days is not what it used to be (at least in numbers), comparing poorly to the ‘big’ clubs. Generally speaking, you can get a ticket for every away game apart from Utd and writing off what is quite a large group of fans doesn’t make sense.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:52 pm --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
You are right in so much as you know what to expect at way games but at our biggest away game in 30 years at Wembley in May there were almost fights over the issue and most people in the top tier were sat down! I wanted to stand but the majority around me didn't! Majority won. Of course 90% of these will never go to any other aways.

I think the club should perhaps keep the first couple of rows free for these sort of issues then people who really do want to sit or have to can choose these rows!

Agree entirely.

The munich songs will never stop and anyone who says they don't sing them are in a very small minority but I honestly don't see the issue, people take offence way too easily these days. Next you'll want people to stop swearing too loudly. There's far more important things to get worked up about in life than a word in a song FFS!!!!!!!!

well i'm in the south stand and it seems like everybody around me joins in with the songs which feature munich in.

not the really harsh ones, the songs like "if you hate man utd clap your hands... munich munich munich".

even the lads around me that seem sound sing them, i'd tell them not to but i'd have to tell everyone.

althought whilst i've sat anywhere else in the ground a part from the south stand or kippax corner I haven't heard anything. away games you do hear it.

to be honest i'm not that bothered.

fatbloke said:
The munich songs will never stop and anyone who says they don't sing them are in a very small minority but I honestly don't see the issue, people take offence way too easily these days. Next you'll want people to stop swearing too loudly. There's far more important things to get worked up about in life than a word in a song FFS!!!!!!!!

and what if that word is "******" or "paki" or "pedo"? The reason people take offense is that we have generally become more sensitive to those around us. We have generally become more enlightened, we have generally grown up and allowed our ideas about what is socially and morally acceptable evolve with time.

Everything these days is blown way out of proportion! It's a word simple, I bet if the show was on the other foot they would be singing it all the time.

On the subject of standing at away games the atmosphere is twice as good when stood up. Ever tried siting down and singing? Dosnt make the same atmosphere !

Gelsons Dad said:
fatbloke said:

and what if that word is "******" or "paki" or "pedo"? The reason people take offense is that we have generally become more sensitive to those around us. We have generally become more enlightened, we have generally grown up and allowed our ideas about what is socially and morally acceptable evolve with time.

Give over fella, calling someone a ''******'' or a ''paki'' is an arrestable offence, its classed as racism and its personal , shouting/singing/calling someone after a city in Germany where an air crash happened 50 odd years ago isn't anything like it and you know it isn't.

DickieDavisEyes said:
Gelsons Dad said:
fatbloke said:

Give over fella, calling someone a ''******'' or a ''paki'' is an arrestable offence, its classed as racism and its personal , shouting/singing/calling someone after a city in Germany where an air crash happened 50 odd years ago isn't anything like it and you know it isn't.

now rewind 30 years and tell me what was sung on the terraces?

The intent is the same. Both hate crimes. Neither acceptable in this day and age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.