Munich songs.

Basically you think the majority of away fans want to sit, which is quite frankly bullshit.

If you're correct, fair enough, but if you're incorrect then you're basically asking the majority to yield to the will of the minority, and sit, something which by referring to the "retards" who stand you believe is wrong and unfair.

But I've never been asked to sit down by anybody at an away match, so I doubt that you are correct.

people moaning at standing up at away games

either the mods have been defeated by the rags on the wum or this forum really is full of absolute morons

DickieDavisEyes said:
Interesting view insofar as you are happy to alienate a large group of fans who, for whatever reason, prefer to sit. One assumes, using the same logic, that you’d be happy to let people stand in front of wheelchair bound fans on the basis that it’s ‘one of those things’?

Wheelchair fans sit at the front for this exact reason dont they ?

You miss my point - I’m saying that suggesting that a 71 year old not wanting to stand throughout is ‘one of those things’ is tantamount to people not caring if they stood in front of the wheelchairs. Unfortunately, you can’t buy tickets for away games that guarantee that someone won’t stand in front of you for the whole 90mins, unlike the arrangements for disabled.

Gelsons Dad said:
DickieDavisEyes said:
As for all this Munich songs bollocks, i do wonder where some of these fans have been over the past god knows how many years, do you not remember Blackburn away last season when the majority of our support WERE singing 'who put the ball in the munichs net' , do you not remember the days when we were dogshit and at maine rd week in week out you could clearly hear 'oh terry cooke, hes not a munich anymore' ??
My first away game was Sheff weds away early to mid 90's last away game of the season i think and rosler scored for us, we had a massive allocation that day and the one song that when i think back about that day sticks in my mind is the ryan giggs is illegitimate one, im not condoning it and at the same time im not claiming that i dont use the phrase 'munich' myself, but people going on about it as if its something new , it really isnt, the club left it too long to try and tackle it, there is now little or no chance of wiping it out because its rooted deep, only way thatll happen is if they start using cctv evidence and handing out bans for it, the downside to this is that our attendance would be affected.

Isn't the point that it's not new, it's old, very old and tired and out of step with the rest of society which has moved on from the 70's and 80's. The songs are in bad taste and show the club in a bad light.
In the military we sang song to honour the dead, both friend and foe, not to offend their relatives. We have some great songs and there simply is no need for the offensive ones anymore. We are a club in the spotlight all over the world and would do well to represent our selves with a little grace and dignity rather than the tasteless greed of the nouveau riche.

You say its out of step with the rest of society which has moved on since the 70's and 80's , im not talking about the 70's and 80's as i wasn't born until 81 and didnt start going until the early 90's, in my time this sort of thing has got worse, and im not just talking about the munich stuff just distasteful songs/chants/jokes etc etc in general (look at the sick jokes that get banged about from mobile to mobile as soon as anyone famous dies these days), personally i think the majority of people who watch city these days have no real feelings whatsoever to the munich aircrash as it means nothing to them personally, they weren't alive they dont remember the event and the sadness surrounding it, if i hear someone use the phrase munich it doesnt make me feel anything, no shame, no guilt, i dont feel embarrassed by it because i find it hard to connect myself emotionally to something that happened when my dad was a young boy.

Thats my take on it, it'll no doubt upset some but im not trying to make excuses for it, im trying to offer reason as to why it is (and it seriously is, especially at aways games) so common place.

Royaloak said:
DickieDavisEyes said:
Interesting view insofar as you are happy to alienate a large group of fans who, for whatever reason, prefer to sit. One assumes, using the same logic, that you’d be happy to let people stand in front of wheelchair bound fans on the basis that it’s ‘one of those things’?

You miss my point - I’m saying that suggesting that a 71 year old not wanting to stand throughout is ‘one of those things’ is tantamount to people not caring if they stood in front of the wheelchairs. Unfortunately, you can’t buy tickets for away games that guarantee that someone won’t stand in front of you for the whole 90mins, unlike the arrangements for disabled.

Question, a 71 year old man likes Slipknot, does he go to their gig and the moshpit? No, because he understands the territory that comes with a ticket. Is it unfortunate? Yes, but if the majority choose to stand, then he either moves with the crowd or declines the ticket.

greenie_34 said:
Basically you think the majority of away fans want to sit, which is quite frankly bullshit.

If you're correct, fair enough, but if you're incorrect then you're basically asking the majority to yield to the will of the minority, something which by referring to the "retards" who stand you believe is wrong and unfair.

But I've never been asked to sit down by anybody at an away match, so I doubt that you are correct.

Not sure where you draw your conclusions from, but lets take a look at what you’ve said.

I can’t see in any of the posts where I say that the majority of away fans want to sit. Maybe they do, maybe they don’t. The fact everybody has to stand does not indicate that the majority want to do it however - they do it because the people in front of them do it - the people behind me do it because I have to do it etc. As for the 2 in front of me on Saturday are concerned, I am not being wrong or unfair by calling them retards - they were. They were in fact 2 rows in front of me. They had 9 rows infront of them where everybody was sitting. A woman immediately behind them asked them to sit down. they wouldn’t and told her to go and ‘Fuck herself’. She complained to the steward, hey still refused and consequently, half way through the first half, one of them was thrown out and missed the entire 2nd half. The other sat down.

Would it be too much to ask that provision somewhere in the away end is made for those who can’t or don’t want to stand for 90mins?

You say it like the people who sing them aren't allowed to go to funerals for fear of mocking the deceased. As much as I'm against singing them it's done purely to piss the rags off and nothing else. Hardly any substance in it at all in that respect

greenie_34 said:
Royaloak said:
DickieDavisEyes said:

Question, a 71 year old man likes Slipknot, does he go to their gig and the moshpit? No, because he understands the territory that comes with a ticket. Is it unfortunate? Yes, but if the majority choose to stand, then he either moves with the crowd or declines the ticket.

Maybe we should just sell away tickets to the under 60’s - while we’re at it, let’s also restrict ticket sales to those over 5’6”. It’s probably illegal, but who gives a shit. Incidentally, because everybody has to stand, it doesn’t mean that the majority necessarily want to.

foley87 said:
people moaning at standing up at away games

either the mods have been defeated by the rags on the wum or this forum really is full of absolute morons

quite correct foley

if the 'majority' wanted to sit, why is row one of every away game all stood?<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:38 pm --<br /><br />
Royaloak said:
greenie_34 said:
Royaloak said:

Maybe we should just sell away tickets to the under 60’s - while we’re at it, let’s also restrict ticket sales to those over 5’6”. It’s probably illegal, but who gives a shit. Incidentally, because everybody has to stand, it doesn’t mean that the majority necessarily want to.

my missus is 5'2, loves standing, is over 30, andsaw the whole game perfectly fine from the middle of the lower tier on saturday...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.