Munich songs.

Re: alternative to "Munich"

If there's ever a song with "munich" in, I tend to just replace it with "manyoo", doesn't really fit that well, but it's adequate.

Interesting view insofar as you are happy to alienate a large group of fans who, for whatever reason, prefer to sit. One assumes, using the same logic, that you’d be happy to let people stand in front of wheelchair bound fans on the basis that it’s ‘one of those things’?

Wheelchair fans sit at the front for this exact reason dont they ?

Royaloak said:
Interesting view insofar as you are happy to alienate a large group of fans who, for whatever reason, prefer to sit. One assumes, using the same logic, that you’d be happy to let people stand in front of wheelchair bound fans on the basis that it’s ‘one of those things’?

Saturday was a rarity - we sold a full allocation. Generally however, we don’t (there’s the occasional thread on here bitching about it). Those who can afford to or be arsed to go to the majority of the away games are likely to be put off if they can’t see the game because there’s always a 6 footer standing in front of them - all I’m saying is that hey should be catered for.

What large group of fans at away games want to sit? Pull the other one mate. I go and I'm not particularly arsed about my view.

DickieDavisEyes said:
As for all this Munich songs bollocks, i do wonder where some of these fans have been over the past god knows how many years, do you not remember Blackburn away last season when the majority of our support WERE singing 'who put the ball in the munichs net' , do you not remember the days when we were dogshit and at maine rd week in week out you could clearly hear 'oh terry cooke, hes not a munich anymore' ??
My first away game was Sheff weds away early to mid 90's last away game of the season i think and rosler scored for us, we had a massive allocation that day and the one song that when i think back about that day sticks in my mind is the ryan giggs is illegitimate one, im not condoning it and at the same time im not claiming that i dont use the phrase 'munich' myself, but people going on about it as if its something new , it really isnt, the club left it too long to try and tackle it, there is now little or no chance of wiping it out because its rooted deep, only way thatll happen is if they start using cctv evidence and handing out bans for it, the downside to this is that our attendance would be affected.

Isn't the point that it's not new, it's old, very old and tired and out of step with the rest of society which has moved on from the 70's and 80's. The songs are in bad taste and show the club in a bad light.
In the military we sang song to honour the dead, both friend and foe, not to offend their relatives. We have some great songs and there simply is no need for the offensive ones anymore. We are a club in the spotlight all over the world and would do well to represent our selves with a little grace and dignity rather than the tasteless greed of the nouveau riche.

A group of 8-10 lads were singing said song in the lower tier concourse at half time, all were bladdered - no-one inside the ground during the match was singing 'munich songs', out of 7,000 fans.

Nothing to see here.

Pointless thread. Blown WAY out of proportion.

Manchester1894 said:
One way to stop it, the club could run a short 30 second video saying something along the lines of:

The Munich Air disaster affected Manchester as a whole. City lost Frank Swift, United lost a squad. A minority of our fans use the term Munich as an insult, but we'd ask you to please respect Frank Swift and his family by ending it's use in this context.

Frank Swift and his family could attend ANY game unannounced and how would you feel if you heard that in their shoes?

It would be a miracle indeed if Big Frank attended ANY game with or without his family,as you are probably aware he shuffled off This Mortal Coil over 53 years ago.RIP Frank Swift.

MickyBenno81 said:
A group of 8-10 lads were singing said song in the lower tier concourse at half time, all were bladdered - no-one inside the ground during the match was singing 'munich songs', out of 7,000 fans.

Nothing to see here.

Pointless thread. Blown WAY out of proportion.

it only got one rendition, the rest of half time was spent singing billion in the bank... agree, its pointless

Thomas Woodworth said:
Royaloak said:
I wasn’t aware that there are family stand tickets for away fixtures, which is what my post relates to - in fact, this fact has bye passed me despite the fact that I’ve been going to away games since 1974. It’s a bit like smoking - I have no problem with people wanting to do it so long as it doesn’t impose itself on those who don’t.

This is why I posted the edit ^^ but either way if you have been going to away games for so long and know what it is all about then I don't see why you are complaining in all honesty.

Since all seaters, it’s been a constant problem, but the fact that it continues doesn’t make it ‘alright’. On Saturday we were in the upper tier. In the part of the stand we were in, for 10 rows in front of us, people sat for most of the game (except when we were all on our feet at various stages through the game, which I have absolutely no problem with), apart from 2 pricks who stood with 9 rows in front of them sitting. Consequence being that everyone behind them had to stand. The trouble with seating is that when you get this type of idiot in front of you, you can’t just move elsewhere.

But you are probably right - those who don’t want to, can’t see, or are physically incapable of standing throughout the entire game should stop complaining and stop going to the away games and watch it on TV . Seems a little sad, given that at least one of our number has been going home and away since the 1950’s, but hey ho, just ‘one of those things’ and at least those who do want to stand throughout the entirety of the game can do so without fucking anyone else off. Those who stand will, of course want to sit when it effects them directly, which at some stage in the future, it definitely will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.