Music you just don't get

mackenzie said:
chesterbells said:
Radiohead. Muse. Just don't get it.

going further back, acts who couldnt actually sing - Wedding Present, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan, Nick bloody Cave

I don't "get" Radiohead either. My best mates love them though.

Ha Ha. We need a "Radiohead WTF?" thread ;)

Banned Tosspot said:
Pink Floyd. Overdone, overplayed dragged out tunes. One or two tracks are OK though. They leave me a bit cold.
What are you talking about, Pink Floyd is class....

like a kind of modern Classical Music.

You obviously don't have the brain capacity to appreciate it!

Godzilla said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Pink Floyd. Overdone, overplayed dragged out tunes. One or two tracks are OK though. They leave me a bit cold.

Obviously?

Oh well, no need to make remarks like that. Maybe you should stick to the actual subject.

Banned Tosspot said:
Godzilla said:

Obviously?

Oh well, no need to make remarks like that. Maybe you should stick to the actual subject.
im with BT on the pink floyd thing as i basically think they are overated massivley

saw pink floyd in '94. they were great.

not done anything good on record since '77 though

unsworthblue said:
chesterbells said:
Radiohead. Muse. Just don't get it.

going further back, acts who couldnt actually sing - Wedding Present, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan, Nick bloody Cave
with you on Bob Dylan,my old fella would'nt be happy as he loves the man

Strongly disagree with you on Dylan - the man is a cunting genius.
OK granted his vocal style will probably not appeal to lots of listeners but check out the tunes and especially the lyrics in some of his bitter & twisted love songs (Positively 4th Street, Sooner or Later, Like a Rolling Stone, It Ain't Me Babe) and I guarantee you will convert. Nobody has ever written a double edged one-liner like him, Morrissey maybe comes the closest.

Not so much an artist, but I've never understood Eruption by Van Halen.

It was voted as the second greatest guitar solo of all time by Rolling Stone magazine, and loads of people say it is utterly awesome. I'm afraid that I think it is overated, preening shit. I'd be happy if somebody could explain the point of it to me though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.