Music you just don't get

jordinho09 said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Obviously?

Oh well, no need to make remarks like that. Maybe you should stick to the actual subject.
im with BT on the pink floyd thing as i basically think they are overated massivley

I find that their guitar solo's all sound the same.

Adidas Barry Silkman said:
unsworthblue said:
with you on Bob Dylan,my old fella would'nt be happy as he loves the man

Strongly disagree with you on Dylan - the man is a cunting genius.
OK granted his vocal style will probably not appeal to lots of listeners but check out the tunes and especially the lyrics in some of his bitter & twisted love songs (Positively 4th Street, Sooner or Later, Like a Rolling Stone, It Ain't Me Babe) and I guarantee you will convert. Nobody has ever written a double edged one-liner like him, Morrissey maybe comes the closest.

I do respect him, and even have Blood on the Tracks, and I do agree he's a brilliant lyricist, but with a voice like that, poetry would be a good option ;)

pee dubya said:
The Flaming Lips, the vocals make me nauseous.

there is something in that, I love the records, but wayne's whiney self-righteous holier-than-tho pseud bullshit completely does my head in.

I always loved The Smiths musically, but often couldnt get past the whine-y moaning lead singer

The voice can make all the difference, good or bad.

I love the music of Suede but I can never even listen to a song all the way through because Brett's pained-cat warbling is horrific.

Whereas Dusty Springfield could sing the phone directory and I'd go be happy as Posh Spice in shit.

Lucky Toma said:
The voice can make all the difference, good or bad.

I love the music of Suede but I can never even listen to a song all the way through because Brett's pained-cat warbling is horrific.

Whereas Dusty Springfield could sing the phone directory and I'd go be happy as Posh Spice in shit.

Is she particularly fond of shit?

Lucky Toma said:
No idea Dam. I just wrote 'pig' at first and instinctively changed it.

I think you'll find the correct answer was "well, she married David Beckham" or something approaching that :P

Daz_Blue said:
Techno ....... it is all shite, DJ on a stage spinning records while lights flash everywhere ......... and they always use songs from other bands and change them ....... Hate it .....

It's called re-mixing

Let me guess, you prefer music by bands such as the Artic Monkeys?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.