Must see documentaries..

Rory Gallagher- Calling Card.
On RTE1 right now.
What a guitarist and vocalist. What a guy.
A mate of mine was watching this at the same time. I was texting him while it was on.
We’ve made a vow to do the Ballyshannon festival next year. It really looks like a fantastic weekend for like minded Rory fans from all over the world.

Watched the first episode of Ku Klux Klan: An American Story, which was on PBS America recently.
I knew they were cunts, but had no idea how powerful and engrained in US Politics they were after the civil war. What a fucked up place that country has always been.

My old man's favourite. Had 'Messin with the Kid' concert on VHS for as long as I remember. Not many are better that Rory.
I love a lot of the great guitarists from that era and quite a few since but for sheer mastery coupled with authenticity, honesty, purity…. call it what you want, combined with the extraordinary energy and gut thumping umphhh! You just can’t do better than a live Rory performance.

When I’m on my own, of an evening, I get a kick out of sitting down with a Redbreast or Midleton and perusing YouTube for first time reactions to Rory live, particularly from a younger demographic that wouldn’t know of him.

Some great reactions out there.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.