MUTINY by players.Konspiracy??.... We will see

As said before, Sven's training was mainly football based, kick-a-bouts, 5 a side etc, after all they are footballers.

BillyShears said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
To be honest, i have heard similar "rumours" as said in the OP but didn't want to say anything because to be honest it really does smell like bullshit, i dismissed it as bullshit but if other people are saying they have heard it aswell there must be some element of truth in it.

To me Hughes is trying to force something he can't on the team. I said weeks ago that in today's modern day premier league football you need to discipline your side, give them boundaries they cannot cross and standards that you expect to maintain 100% but you also need to moddy cuddle some players as well. Footballers are at their best when they are enjoying it, they can express themselves and their ability will come through. If your treating it as army like boot camp and a place of work and no joy then players will hate coming into training.

I think Hughes does not have the respect of the players, they see him as the strict maths teacher who's lesson you hated and would do everything to wag instead of the cool Science teacher who made your lesson fun and respected you as a pupil which meant you learnt more.

Treating the training ground as a "football factory" or a boot camp is great for the likes of Blackburn and Bolton with the players they have, but when you have the likes of Robinho and Elano, talents this club has never ever seen you need a balance of hard work and enjoyment. Sadly that is something Hughes cannot seem to address. He has no balance in his management skills, no balance in his training methods and no balance in his team selection.

The club who are currently top of the league have the most unapproachable, dogmatic, cold, manager in the league. Step forward Rafa Benitez. In fact, I remember an interview with one his Spanish contingent where the player talked about being chewed out by Benitez in his first couple of training sessions so badly that the poor lad wanted away even before he'd played a game...

It's widely known that the reason Stevie G wanted away was because Rafa refused to treat him like a star. I don't buy this notion that modern day managers need to molly coddle professional footballers. Just look at Capello...listen to what the England players say about the difference between his regime and Sven's or McClaren's.

yeah ive read that benitez always keeps his players guessing what he thinks by never giving a compliment....ok this is extreme and you need to have thick skin to work for this type of manager, but if your manager demends more from you each time showing hes happy but never praising you, it makes you work harder and appreciate it more when it comes...

Humlannitton said:
Brucie Bonus said:
They're all over the place this bunch. Bring on the bugles, sound the retreat. The most transparent and childish debating tactics I have witnessed in a long time. He thinks if he says something often enough it's gospel.

"Everyone has to admit"...that you and yours have made arses out of yourselves. You're a joke.

So you don't think there was exception circumstances last spring?

Here's what you all need to do. You've painted yourselves into a corner and filled this forum with the invective for weeks. You've paraded and puffed before all as the wisest, the most sage, the most astute of fans. Anything that made Hughes look worse than he is, was accepted at face value: if it provided a modicum of exculpation, it was dismissed as leaks and pr and, even if the substance was accepted as reasonable, the process was condemned. You are tactical geniuses, you know everything about everything about City, football, and human nature.

I think you all ought to arrange a time when you can do a pm huddle and figure out what your next move is going to be. Get back to us when you've decided on a new plan of attack.

Managing is about getting results now with what you have so if his methods arent working he needs to change them simple as that. Then when he does have the players he wants try them again but in the interim do whatever it takes to put a run together.

Disturbance said:
So the way to win in the Premier League is to run further than the opposition? Genius[/quote]

something you seem not to be with your silly little snide comments atm.

bondsman said:
Fair enough but Robson, Ince, Keane, Hughes, McClaren, all had baconface as an influence doesnt mean anything. Like saying I played upfront with Pele at school, doesnt mean ill be able to do what he did.

The problem is players have too much power these days and are not committed, Taggart will only have players tthat are committed that's the sort of discipline and commitment we need and have been lacking.

Keane failed and now Sunderland have been left with Sbragia who will no doubt let the players get away with what they want. But then again he's also worked at Man U.

Hughes may ultimately fail and it is in the balance with the blues at the moment. I hope Hughes wins the battle and the big thing in his favour is that he can bring in players who he wants - much like he did at Blackburn with relative success compared to the money he had to spend.

leewill31 said:
Disturbance said:
So the way to win in the Premier League is to run further than the opposition? Genius

Not sure what that's about but I suggest you put me on ignore cos I couldn't give a flying one what you think.

Oh, and you messed up your quote, genius.

Blue2112 said:
I don't know if his training methods are effective or not I suppose the proof will be shown over the next 6/12 months if he gets that time. One could argue that currently his training methods are failing as we seem to have a split camp. I know some of the things they've worked on, one in particular which is played at high tempo culminated with the Brazilians or more to the point one of them persistently slowing it down. He was on the bench the following day sat there with his trainers on. Other new ideas have been introduced that personally I see nothing wrong with and can only benefit the team and again some of them dont like it. Also I do know Hughes asks his defenders and forwards to each run a certain number of km's per game, same for his midfielders (think its 11 each for them) Ireland averages way above (14km's in some games) followed closely by Swp whilst Robinho, Elano etc fall way short, ok so they are different players with different attributes but its demanding for Ireland and Swp to continually run they're guts out each week for the others. Watch Stevie chase down midfielders time and again only to watch the ball passed sideways so that he has to run at least 10/20 yards to close another player down because his other midfielders aren't doing it themselves. They also have to run approx 3km at a fast tempo as a team unit, so all the short paced quick bursts of speed are added together, the idea is over a season this workrate will overpower most teams culminating in winning the ball more and winning more games.

Fascinating insight...cheers Josh...

One question...do you have any idea of whether there is much less work done with the ball under Hughes than there was under Sven?

Disturbance said:
leewill31 said:

Not sure what that's about but I suggest you put me on ignore cos I couldn't give a flying one what you think.

Oh, and you messed up your quote, genius.

my point proven!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.