My 10 year olds tears.

I posted this earlier today on another thread!!

My Little lad who 6 and City mad, we have season ticket and he even goes to bed in his old kits was absolutley gutted last night. I got a text at the final whistle off the missus saying he was crying his eyes out. Brought a lump to my throat, I was more gutted for him than me at the time. Obviously, when I got home from the match he was in bed, but this morning he came in to me and said "Dont worry Dad, that cup is not important, the other one is better to win". Brought a wry smile to my face after tossing and turning half way through the night.

Anyway, looking back I agree with most on here, it will have done him the world of good to experience pain, will make it all the more sweet, when we do win something.

squirtyflower said:
i still have to console my 22 year old daughter and tell her we'll do it one day
hamburg last year, swamp this.... gets annoying

I'm 29 and had to get my dad to console me last night! I told him it's his fault so he has to listen to me complaining on the phone. I wouldn't change it for the world though, definitely been a character building experience...... character built and ready for success (please)!

Same here. I watched it with my two lads last night, and the older one (10) was in tears at the end - seeing that was hard to take, but I'm glad that it means so much to him. I'm bringing him on Sunday for Pompey, so hopefully we will both get a lift.

My 11 yr old lad watched the game on telly with me, he sobbed his heart out when their 2nd went in then jumped around the room punching the air when Tevez scored, only to end up going to bed devastated. It was a real bonding moment finally realising City mean just as much to my lad as they do to me.

I told him about 81 when i was 16 and cried all the way back from wembley. We live in Somerset, loads of plastics, he was expecting a bad day at school but he got up this morning put his city coat on, city ruck sack and gym bag over his shoulder, stuck his chest out and walked into school ready to give em all hell, so proud of him I had a tear in my eye.(silly old bugger)

After the final whistle went I just sat there with my head in my hands until they eventually let us out...got in, went upstairs and cried myself to sleep.

All my life I've been outnumbered by reds who think they know it all because they've been to 3 United games in there whole pathetic lives, was close to smacking this cocky 5ft midget at my school today(There we're a fair few today I'll tell you that haha), but I rose above it.

Him: "CITY IS ANGIN'!! 34 FUCKING YEARS ahahhahahahaahha"

My response: "Yeah and we're still fucking here..."

Wore my City scarf with pride today.

I was on the phone to my dad after the match in tears , Also said to him i blame him for me being a city fan !! But i wouldnt change it for anything , && i cant thank him enough for taking me to my first game all them years ago :) Love you dad :)

When the final whistle went i, as the lad above did, sat there looking at the empty pitch in anger, disappointment and every other emotion. my dad was saying dont worry, it will happen one day and that it is part of being a city fan. then when we were walking up that main drag near lou marcari's i was so pround of the fans and players and now i am buzing for sunday and for when we play them in april.

CITY TILL I DIE

I went into shock mode at the swamp, I couldn't believe what had happened. However, that turned into blind anger when they started baiting us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.