My belief

Think the manner of the Liverpool defeat killed us, and add injuries on top

BoyBlue_1985 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not thrown the betting slip away just yet!

It's sad some of our players seemingly don't have my own sense of conviction and winning mentality.

Oh well, we pay to turn up.

They get paid, regardless.
You should put another £200 on now

I try to base my view on probability, rather than various tranches of luck.

Lot of revisionism, once again.

Not a single blue would have us losing any our remaining home games, based on form over the last three years, and the team surely knowing what was at stake.

What has been sadly evidenced, these players and Pellers have been found mentally weak at the crucial times.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:51 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:

Yup ^^^^^^^^^^^

Also think the season has caught up with Navas, Fernandinho and Beast.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's sad some of our players seemingly don't have my own sense of conviction and winning mentality.

Not a single blue would have us losing any our remaining home games, based on form over the last three years, and the team surely knowing what was at stake.

What has been sadly evidenced, these players and Pellers have been found mentally weak at the crucial times.

-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:51 am --

Marvin said:

Yup ^^^^^^^^^^^

Given last night do you think there is a real chance of us losing 3rd / 4th spot to Arsenal / Everton now ? They are pretty close behind us and given last night can we be sure to beat West Brom / Palace / Villa / Everton /West ham ?

Danielmanc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

What has been sadly evidenced, these players and Pellers have been found mentally weak at the crucial times.

Marvin said:

Yup ^^^^^^^^^^^

Given last night do you think there is a real chance of us losing 3rd / 4th spot to Arsenal / Everton now ? They are pretty close behind us and given last night can we be sure to beat West Brom / Palace / Villa / Everton /West ham ?

Put it this way, the scenario you have laid out, not only calls for the manager to be shown the door, but would be a financial disaster for a club that has budgeted everything around top four every season.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Marvin said:

Yup ^^^^^^^^^^^

Also Nasri, been gash since his return from injury, big let down last night

Thank fuck Everton lost last night. I'm looking behind us rather than above. Not normally a doomer but the title has gone.

Marvin said:

I think Tolmie Jinxed us with that bet

I'm off to cry some more...

Marvin said:

The Defeat to Everton at weekend didn't kill Sunderland though did it?

Just because you get beat doesn't give you an excuse to wollow in self pity and put out a woeful performance like they did last night. If these players can't motivate themselves to win a must win premier league game to edge closer to a league title medal, then its very worrying.

Pellegrini can only do so much. The team he put out last night was well capable of beating Sunderland, they just didn't apply themselves as they should of, and thats the players fault.

to be honest it doesn't matter in my eyes if we finish 2nd 3rd or 4th. 1st is the one we wanted and in the words of ricky bobby. " if you're 2nd you're last.

Graceyboy said:
Marvin said:

The Defeat to Everton at weekend didn't kill Sunderland though did it?

Just because you get beat doesn't give you an excuse to wollow in self pity and put out a woeful performance like they did last night. If these players can't motivate themselves to win a must win premier league game to edge closer to a league title medal, then its very worrying.

Pellegrini can only do so much. The team he put out last night was well capable of beating Sunderland, they just didn't apply themselves as they should of, and thats the players fault.

agreed mate, attitude and commitment sadly lacking and on the day it was revealed they are the highest paid club in the world!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.