My belief

Wish I had £200 to bet your doing very well in the current economic climat :)

We just have to concentrate on our own games and it's Everton away which concerns me as does players minds being on the World Cup and pulling out of challenges so they don't get injured.

Marvin said:
Salford_Blue said:
Marvin said:
If we win the next 2 games, belief will be surging back, and it wont need Bluemoon pep talks either

Especially if either or both above us drop points at the weekend.

Chelsea have Sunderland at home and Liverpool go to Norwich.

We can but hope!

For the record, I said before kickoff yesterday, that a defeat wasn't the end of it all.

Lets see how they handle the pressure knowing that they HAVE to win.
Their performances at WHU and at home yesterday suggest that it's going to be a struggle to get over the line

Let's win the next 2, then see if Liverpool crack. It will still leave us with obstacles at Everton, and Palace

Hendersons ban could effect them as well, certainly in away matches and the chelsea home match....also what is the verdict ont he sturridge injury? if he is out then thats a loss as well

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I put £200 down last night at 2/1 on City to win the title.

I wholeheartedly believe this team can and will win its last six games.

And because of how highly I rate our group of players, even without Yaya, I believe they will go the distance and take it to the very last game.

The race of two years ago has proved to me that Liverpool have no idea yet that the title race has only just started.

Us to win in on 88 points.

I don't think neither us, Chelsea or Liverpool will achieve maximum points. I have the Chelsea v Liverpool game as a draw which opens the gates for us should we win every game. Many have completely underestimated the cost of winning that game yesterday for Liverpool. They've lost one of their best strikers to a hamstring injury and their second best midfielder to a 3 game suspension just to get the win and they'll need everything they have just to score against Chelsea.

Palace will fight against Liverpool as will Norwich. For me it is still in our hands to make sure we win every game comfortably and with no fuss. It is all down now to the Chelsea and Liverpool game, for me if Liverpool win that then they are practically there and will deserve it. Any other result and we are 100% back in charge because I think of all the teams, Chelsea are most likely to drop points in the smaller games.

It is by no means over and it will be EXTREMELY unusual if miraculous if Liverpool win every game because I doubt it has ever happened in Premier League history.

inbetween said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

And because of how highly I rate our group of players, even without Yaya, I believe they will go the distance and take it to the very last game.

The race of two years ago has proved to me that Liverpool have no idea yet that the title race has only just started.

I don't think neither us, Chelsea or Liverpool will achieve maximum points. I have the Chelsea v Liverpool game as a draw which opens the gates for us should we win every game. Many have completely underestimated the cost of winning that game yesterday for Liverpool. They've lost one of their best strikers to a hamstring injury and their second best midfielder to a 3 game suspension just to get the win and they'll need everything they have just to score against Chelsea.

Palace will fight against Liverpool as will Norwich. For me it is still in our hands to make sure we win every game comfortably and with no fuss. It is all down now to the Chelsea and Liverpool game, for me if Liverpool win that then they are practically there and will deserve it. Any other result and we are 100% back in charge because I think of all the teams, Chelsea are most likely to drop points in the smaller games.

It is by no means over and it will be EXTREMELY unusual if miraculous if Liverpool win every game because I doubt it has ever happened in Premier League history.

Arsenal 2002

inbetween said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Arsenal did it back in 01-02 and 02-03 seasons. They won their last 13 games in the first and then won their first game in the second.

I'm afraid my belief before the game, melted to hope after it.

I wouldn't personally ever waste money betting on City, even at our best we're too unpredictable, but if you can afford £200 TH then fair play to you, and I sincerely hope you have a good night on the back of it in May.

Can we still win it, yes of course we can, have I given up, no absolutely not, but I wonder just how much damage yesterday has done, to lose the way we did may well have inflicted a severe blow, we'll find out soon enough, and hopefully Sunderland will have a very painful evening.

Edit: You know, if I had paid more attention in Mathematics way back when I may have realised that I'd got pretty much the same odds,

Anyway the point isn't how good I am with numbers but that I hope we've got it right.

cleavers said:

I wouldn't personally ever waste money betting on City, even at our best we're too unpredictable, but if you can afford £200 TH then fair play to you, and I sincerely hope you have a good night on the back of it in May.

Can we still win it, yes of course we can, have I given up, no absolutely not, but I wonder just how much damage yesterday has done, to lose the way we did may well have inflicted a severe blow, we'll find out soon enough, and hopefully Sunderland will have a very painful evening.
We always seem to bounce back from a defeat,the players know what they have to do and sunderland will feel the wrath. ...
Sergio back, a freshen up in midfield and a weeks rest for vinnie and we'll be back on blob again....
Not worried in the slightest, win our two games in hand and crank that pressure up, there will be a couple more twists before the seasons out.

manimanc said:
cleavers said:

We always seem to bounce back from a defeat,the players know what they have to do and sunderland will feel the wrath. ...
Sergio back, a freshen up in midfield and a weeks rest for vinnie and we'll be back on blob again....
Not worried in the slightest, win our two games in hand and crank that pressure up, there will be a couple more twists before the seasons out.

I think that's a blue-tinted specs view mate. We followed our home defeat to Chelsea with a painful 0-0 away to Norwich. Our loss at Cardiff was followed by a very nervy performance at home against Hull, a game which we eventually won 2-0 but in which Hull outplayed us for much of the game. The loss away to Villa was followed by a loss at home to Bayern (no shame in that, but the manner in which we were comprehensively thrashed was pretty bad.) Loss to Wigan followed by loss to Barcelona.

It's only really Spurs who got a battering after we had previously lost a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.