My loss of faith in city fans

Sven, is like a three year old with a new toy. he enjoys to play with it initially, but soon becomes bored and wants to break it.

Sven is not a top class manager.

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
Sven, is like a three year old with a new toy. he enjoys to play with it initially, but soon becomes bored and wants to break it.

I liken Sven to Audley H to be honest, milking past achievements, both will continue with their world tour of selling old rope!

Swales Bails said:

I liken Sven to Audley H to be honest, milking past achievements, both will continue with their world tour of selling old rope!

Whats Audrey Hepburn got to do with it?

How about having both of them...?

Kinda Mercer & Allison kinda style. But completely different.

Sven can do the arm round the shoulder stuff and Roberto can do the drilling and discipline. They've done it before.

I'm not sure whether I'm serious or not...?

blucat599 said:
The moral of this thread is surely that the City way, that of constantly changing managers, is the worst way to run a club, it is about time we gave a manager a contract and left him to do his job and see what he's brought to the club at the end of a three year spell.
We are just the same old City, if we sack Mancini BEFORE he's finished what he started, I'm just of the opinion now that City need to stop sacking the boss, every year/6 months, it has won us nothing, not even friends for 40 years

I agree with this point.. to bring in another manager now would be stupid.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion and this is mine.
The Sheikh and his guys came with a plan to become the best and they knew it wouldn't happen overnight. They've put their money where their mouth is, unlike a lot of other owners in our league especially. In getting rid of Mark Hughes who wasn't doing a bad job they made a point that they got the person they believed right for the job. This was not a knee jerk reaction, they'd looked at his career, looked at where we needed strengthening and agreed to let him take over. He's no mug and will see us right eventually. I just can't understand how it will inspire manager or the players if we 'the fans' get on his back now when we are actually in 4th position? For us to become successful as early as 'We' would all like surely it would be beneficial to get behind the lot of them?! Changing him now, would definitely NOT guarantee us top 4 this season. With him here we have a bloody good chance. I just think that a lot of blues need to GET REAL!
As i've said before in my short time posting on this forum (although i have been an interested reader for alot longer) people have very short memories!! Love City, Love the new excitment of finally winning things...... THEN GET BEHIND THE WHOLE CLUB, MANCINI ESPECIALLY!!

(I did like Sven too, just don't think we had his best years as a club manager, managing England took alot out of his club management skills)

Swales Bails said:

What a load of nonesense.
So by the same token,Wenger is doing the same thing?After all,he's in the 6th season of winning nothing at Arsenal...but apparently he's a genius!
Sven is the 5th most decorated manager in football history....he's no mug.
Look at the teams he's managed recently-and I use the Wenger analogy here.

Would Wenger win the title with say,the resources of Sunderland?
So because Sven hadn't won the league with a team that had just missed relegation the season before he's "milking past achievements."....all the evidence says we'd have gone down if we hadn't appointed Sven-he was the shot in the arm the whole club needed,seeing as how we'd previously been linked with the likes of Warnock.
Sure it went pear-shaped at the end but the man worked a miracle with the team he created in four weeks-you know,the one that minus the players he signed went 11 games without actually scoring a home goal....

Don't mind people having a difference of opinion but the real facts speak for themselves.Give the man his due.
He's the most succesful manager in terms of trophies City have ever had.

danburge82 said:
AntManneh31 said:
i have just been arguing with my mate about mancini (me wanting him to stay and saying he's a good manager) and my mate came out with something i didn't think any city fan could be stupid enough to say. bring back sven he was a better manager.........

When our "loyal" fans starting walking out en mass at 2-0 down at Wembley in 1999 I knew our fans weren't all they were hyped up to be!
Thats a pathetic cheap way of having a go at our fans.

Interesting thread this.

Speak to most City fans and most will tell you that Sven could not have been expected to do any more during his brief time here. He is remembered as a popular manager who took over a shite team and raised them to a level that was totally unexpected, suffering a down turn during the end of his time here that even the most biased observer would have to concede was at least somewhat influenced by the clown running the club.

However, 18 months ago if this same thread were here it would have been filled with bitter comments about how Sven ruined the club and left it as one of the very worst outfits ever to be present in professional football. Unfortunately, that was a time where the manager at the time was hell bent on running down anyone at the club prior to his time. And unfortunately a lot of blues fell hook, line and sinker for it.

Now it seems, with the benefit of time and not having the constant, daily, drip, drip PR job doing a hatchet job on Sven's time here, people have returned to viewing Sven's time here more objectively.

In my opinion, no-one in their right mind would want Sven to return here now, but he did a very commendable job in a small amount of time and it was terrible that we used to have so many blues swallowing the natchet job bullshit that the previous manager used to spread about him, purely in order to excuse his own shortcomings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.