My mate's new banner

danburge82 said:
cyprustavern said:
danburge82 said:
As I said on a thread recently, that badge will always be associated with City falling from being one of the premier clubs of this country to being an absolute joke of a club. But that song is my favourite City song. Overall, okay flag.

If you are talking about 1998-1999 that was our new badge not this one...i associate this badge with many things but a joke of a club is certainly not one of them.
We got this badge in 1972. That season we blew the league title. We won the League Cup in '76 with the Coat of Arms. When we adopted this badge full time we then dropped from being a premier club of this country to being a constant disappointment spiralling down in stature and being relegated numerous times. We were a joke of a club.

When we sacked it off; within five years we'd been promoted three times and have never looked back since 2002.

This badge signifies City at our worst, for me.

Thats the whole point of it...its not always about winning is it.

It was part of our history and many a great player wore it(which for me is a reason to be proud of it and remember it with fondness),also I liked the symbolism of the red rose from the county we were based in and the ship emblem to give a nod to the trade that the city grew because of.

Didsbury Dave said:
What's everyone's opinions of my mate's new banner? Look out for it around the country this year:

scaled.php

I like the banner,but his cell looks terrible! What nick is he in? I'll send him some pics of gratuitous lasses to adorn his walls.It'll make the days go quicker.

the blue panther said:
ethan23 said:
Ding Dong said:
The words on our flag , we think , sum up the feelings of most Blues.

WE WONT FORGET OUR PAST
YOU WONT FORGET OUR FUTURE

and before the Bluemoon police start their investigation YES it was a quote stolen from this site

that's a banner right there... quality

Amen

Whilst I understand that the two stanzas in this piece of work are pitched as a pair, and the banner is an attempt to jolt the reader into introspective contemplation, I find the mixing of tenses very clever here. Whilst superfluously delivered with a straight bat, there's a trace of irony running through the banner which is strangely pleasing. There's a certainty in the twinned use of "won't" which reflects the inner confidence of champions. This banner is an iron fist in a velvet glove and is the work of a strong and agile mind.

Didsbury Dave said:
the blue panther said:
ethan23 said:

Amen

Whilst I understand that the two stanzas in this piece of work are pitched as a pair, and the banner is an attempt to jolt the reader into introspective contemplation, I find the mixing of tenses very clever here. Whilst superfluously delivered with a straight bat, there's a trace of irony running through the banner which is strangely pleasing. There's a certainty in the twinned use of "won't" which reflects the inner confidence of champions. This banner is an iron fist in a velvet glove and is the work of a strong and agile mind.

fullsize_11.jpg

Didsbury Dave said:
the blue panther said:
ethan23 said:

Amen

Errrrrrr thanks D.D.if this is a compliment thank you
If its not then it does`nt matter , it`s gone right over my head.

Didsbury Dave said:

It is a lovely colour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.