My opinion about Kolarov

Re: The truth about Kolorov

looks like me and freestyler share similar views, awful tonight.

In four words:

Good attacking.

Poor defending.

He'd be quite useful as a left winger for some games as long as he doesn't have to defend. Clichy is miles, miles better defensively and goes for the ball rather than backs off like Kolarov does. But Kolarov is more confident attacking and gets in good crosses, while Clichy is cautious and gives the ball to someone else once he gets in the final third.

All in all, Kolarov is much more useful than last season though. Last season he was poor defensively and average attacking, his crossing is better now and his set-pieces remain a threat.

Don't understand the flak for Kolarov tonight.
In each game I've seen him in this season he has significantly improved from the previous. Tonight, for me was probably his best game.

He bombed forward creating chance after chance, and you can say what you want about his crosses whether they were here or there but other players must attack the ball and that rarely happened tonight. Players can't expect the ball to land perfectly placed to their feet when he's trying to beat one or two men.

He's not the best defender, however, I saw him getting stuck in tonight a few times with some well timed tackles. He got some good headers in and blocked crosses. He was caught out at moments, but that is what Barry and/or De Jong are on the field to do, protect and cover. Do you not think if Mancini saw Kolarov's bombardment up field as a serious problem he would MAKE him change his style? De Jong or Barry are supposed to cover that position in his absence.

All in all, he got us a point against Napoli, an assist tonight and has played well. I'd rather trust Mancini's judgement than a user on a forum who insists on bashing a player when he's put in a bloody good shift.

He must have slept with some relative of yours.

I'll give you his positioning and pace aren't great. but to call him shit is truly woeful. As someone said, he would make a good Midfielder. Don't think he is a defender. I think that was the reason he brought Johnson off. Barry covered Kolarov, while he attacked. Oh, and to say his crosses were dogshite? He put some good crosses in but with noone there. He also completed 3 or 4 and made some other good ones. So your opinion sucks.

I prefer Clichy but I thought Kolarov was excellent tonight going forward and defensively, one of the few players I'd say had a good game.

I dont know what people are watching to be honest. Kolarov was easily one of our best players. He put in some good crosses and as someone else has already said, none of our players attacked his crosses with any real purpose, He was up and down that flank all game, he looked comfortable on the ball and he seems a lot sharper and quicker from what he looked last season. The lad has come on leaps and bounds this season.

Kolarov and Barry were our best players tonight. Kompany was decent too. The rest were average or below par.

city diehard said:
He is shit, I really don't know if other people saw the same match as me. He is the weak link. You are told as a kid, either go to man and trackle, or stand off (which he does) and block the cross. He does neither. Granted he gets in good offensive poositions, but unfortunatly these first time flat cross are dogshit, and was lucky on this occasion one of them worked tonight (1st goal). Carling cup for me.

OMFG

A whisker away on a free kick, another one struck with venom and saved, continuously overlapping on the left when we were doing nothing in the middle, put the cross in for the own goal.

How does Kolarov have a thread and not Nasri?

citizens_1976 said:
I dont know what people are watching to be honest. Kolarov was easily one of our best players. He put in some good crosses and as someone else has already said, none of our players attacked his crosses with any real purpose, He was up and down that flank all game, he looked comfortable on the ball and he seems a lot sharper and quicker from what he looked last season. The lad has come on leaps and bounds this season.

Kolarov and Barry were our best players tonight. Kompany was decent too. The rest were average or below par.
I would put Lescott in there too tonight. He was impressive really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.