My opinion about Kolarov

Re: The truth about Kolorov

We really need another one of those compilation videos where it shows every touch he had on the ball. Then we can apply a mathematical formula of some sort. It's crazy to me how many diametrically opposed viewpoints are being expressed on a player we all watched with our own eyes for ninety plus minutes. fuck all, I'm not even sure what I think anymore.

All I know for certain is that Aleks is gangster as fuck and I'm glad he's blue.

Also, Clichy will start vs. Scum. No question in my mind.

45 years of gloryhunting said:
now clichy is here he has raised his game , and i cant choose between them , i would be happy with either at the swamp on sunday.

Behave,he may well have improved on last season but not enough to play against real quality and certainly not at the expense of the vastly superior Clichy.Kolarov is not a natural defender and has neither the speed or positional sense to deal with Nani,Young,Valencia and co..... same can be said for Zaba.

I thought kolarov was alright. He had a few decent passes along with some bad ones. But he was probably among few who were willing to take the game on.

imo, for the Champions League matches, he has saved our butts twice already, and kept our hopes alive in the CL. That itself counts for something.
Just because of this, I really don't give a crap about his "poor" defending, and would want him to play every game that has significance. I admit though that this would place additional burden to the other defenders and DMs. If he could keep practicing his free-kicks and convert them like Cronaldo, nobody would be be able to take him off the team.
Clichy may well be an all-rounder and better than Kolarov, but I have not yet seen anything from him that has impacted the scoreline in terms of assists or goals, correct me if i'm wrong..

I agree with the poster who suggests that he should be moulded into a winger. I've thought the same for a while now, as not only will that absolve him of a majority of the defensive duties, but will also shut up the Kolarov naysayers. Unfortunately that won't happen until Mancini decides to change his formation to include pure wingers, as there are a lot of competition for the forward positions. And i think Mancini is happy with what Kolarov is doing right now.

As another poster also mentioned, how come there is no "Nasri is shit" thread? He has only been above-average in two matches overall so far, and that is not good if he supposedly is to replace Silva when he's tired...

FantasyIreland said:
Kolarov is not a natural defender and has neither the speed or positional sense to deal with Nani,Young,Valencia and co..... same can be said for Zaba.
Could have sworn both played in the semi against the very same Nani and Valencia....

andrewmswift said:
How does Kolarov have a thread and not Nasri?

HA! Great question. People must be thinking oh Nasri's still new...we'll cut him some slack. BUT KOLAROV OH MY WORD HOW ATROCIOUS. It's bizarre really. I too thought he had a good game and even Dzeko was a tad unlucky. I hate that this board is over criticizing and over analyzing an ugly game on a rainy day where we managed to scrape through with a win. We should be happy we got the 3 points and MOVE ON!

Skashion said:
FantasyIreland said:
Kolarov is not a natural defender and has neither the speed or positional sense to deal with Nani,Young,Valencia and co..... same can be said for Zaba.
Could have sworn both played in the semi against the very same Nani and Valencia....

Kolorov also had a belter of a game and apart from the opening 20 mins zabba was a brick fucking wall

I think the Op must have got the title wrong - Should have read "The truth about Dzeko"..

Sorry but he was fucking shit and has only done it at Spurs away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.