My opinion about Kolarov

The truth about Kolorov

Whilst we strive to lose the typical City tag, we haven't lost our innate ability to be hypercritical.

Kolarov is not a bad player and I am sure plenty enjoyed his equaliser against Napoli at the Etihad. I think these threads tend to come about due to the rawness of emotion post defeat when the basic instinct of needing to blame arises.

I've said elsewhere that collectively we were poor last night and (the real) Mancio got it badly wrong. That said we were exposed by a good Napoli side who had clearly done their homework and probably couldn't believe their good fortune that we set up how we did and then compounded it by having an off night.

To single Kolarov out, and to back that criticism up in some cases with inaccuracies, is somewhat unfair.

Re: The truth about Kolorov

BLUEMATT23 said:
Worst left back we've had for years.
Not bad at going forward but his positional awareness and pace are shocking.
I'd rather have Bridge than this liability.
hahaha christ almighty
bring micheal ball back!

What makes Kolarov so frustrating is the fact we have a better left back on the bench!

Some players didn't have their best games but he was our weak link last night and it wasn't necessarily because he was bad defensively. Yes, he gets into good positions going froward but his delivery from crosses is generally awful. I dont know why but he seems to always play the ball behind the forwards rather than into the space infront of them.

There were a few occassions against Villareal where he did the same and its just annoying to see (watch his cross for the own goal - it takes a deflection which makes it look like a good ball!)

Clichy is our most experienced C/L player, to drop him last night was a mistake, same thing happened in Munich, but Carlos The Jackal threw a smoke bomb at it so it was glossed over.. Micah should've started, after all it was, in all but name, the knock out round, must win etc.. Best 11 everytime for me.. Also Kun' should have started (injured ? don't know)... would walk over hot coals for 'Bobby', we stand and fall as one, he removed the cautious tag in the Prem, now lets do it in Europe.

The truth about Kolorov

I agree that kolarov had a horrid game. However i cannot understand the people moaning about him costing us the game. Yaya and kompany are the culprits for the first goal, and zabaleta and NDJ for the second. Kolarov was poor yes, but nothing he did led to us conceding.

Both fullbacks were poor last night but there are nowhere near shit. Mancini just got it wrong dealing with Napoli's pacey wingers/forwards with slow fullbacks.

Kun Aguero said:
can we put this in the classics? "I would play Bridge before him.PB as much as I respect you.Oh dear.

IS Kolarov much better though than Bridge?
I'd say they were pretty even and Bridge could have played a lot better than him last night.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Kun Aguero said:
can we put this in the classics? "I would play Bridge before him.PB as much as I respect you.Oh dear.

IS Kolarov much better though than Bridge?
I'd say they were pretty even and Bridge could have played a lot better than him last night.

Pass me whatever you have had.Kolarov defending>>>>>>>>>> Bridge defending.... Kolarov crossin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bridge crossin.

i cant believe some people are defending him,sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and he was terrible last night.apart from 2nd goal every chance napoli created was down his wing,and as for him attacking his crossing was very very poor.please play clichy in the big games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.