Nadine Dorries

Channel 5 as the model for privatisation? Ignoring the fact that has always been privatised... Can anyone name like for like programming on channel 4 and channel 5, where 5 comes out on top on production values?

Only caveat is it has to be original to the network and not syndicated from overseas.

Struggling to think of anything at all. But open to suggestions..

Don’t agree completely with Bastani about channel 4 being completely crap, but it has lost a lot of the charm that it had previously. Scrapheap challenge was an excellent engaging, entertaining and educational programme that would be great to have back in some form.

Channel 5 as the model for privatisation? Ignoring the fact that has always been privatised... Can anyone name like for like programming on channel 4 and channel 5, where 5 comes out on top on production values?

Only caveat is it has to be original to the network and not syndicated from overseas.

Struggling to think of anything at all. But open to suggestions..

Don’t agree completely with Bastani about channel 4 being completely crap, but it has lost a lot of the charm that it had previously. Scrapheap challenge was an excellent engaging, entertaining and educational programme that would be great to have back in some form.

Times and audiences change - if you told someone 10 years ago that there would be a very popular TV show based on watching people sat on their couches watching TV you would have been laughed at - its called innovation and change and in things like TV and radio it doesn't all come off - its the nature of things.

Meanwhile Dorries epic stupidity will always continue - she is stupid and doesn't cover her brief - tries to wing it then invents shit when she is caught out

Times and audiences change - if you told someone 10 years ago that there would be a very popular TV show based on watching people sat on their couches watching TV you would have been laughed at - its called innovation and change and in things like TV and radio it doesn't all come off - its the nature of things.

Googlebox isn't exactly innovative. And the fact that it is still hanging around like a stale fart suggests that Channel 4 isn't being as innovative as it used to be anymore.

There's only so many series of first dates, first dates hotel, SAS who dares.. and naked attraction before it becomes a cynical cash cow.

Channel 4 has also been getting plenty of the BBCs cast offs from Love Productions.

I accept that the model relies on milking the cheap big hits to make other niche programmes but point is Channel 4 isn't commissioning enough new or niche stuff.

And I say this as someone who has watched snackmasters, that was obviously only made to take advantage of the relaxed rules about product placement.

There aren't enough programmes like the one I mentioned, doesn't have to be the same as the one I mentioned but shows that are educational to young boys and girls interested in technology or computers, building stuff etc should get some attention rather than just cheap reality bollocks.

Meanwhile Dorries epic stupidity will always continue - she is stupid and doesn't cover her brief - tries to wing it then invents shit when she is caught out
If it works for the PM, why shouldn’t it work for her??

Go Nads demonstrating her utter stupidity again

She also thought C4 is subsidised by the taxpayer, or so she said to a commons select committee until it was pointed out to her C4 is self financing.

You've got to love the attention to detail of our current ministers. A reflection of Our Glorious Leader.

She also thought C4 is subsidised by the taxpayer, or so she said to a commons select committee until it was pointed out to her C4 is self financing.

You've got to love the attention to detail of our current ministers. A reflection of Our Glorious Leader.
Conservative party supporters' default position though is to believe what is said by these ministers because of the tribalism that has been created in politics. The Daily Mail is currently on a campaign of false accusation and will be right up until the local elections. It doesn't really matter what is said if the default is to believe: it can be taken back after the election has taken place.

Conservative party supporters' default position though is to believe what is said by these ministers because of the tribalism that has been created in politics. The Daily Mail is currently on a campaign of false accusation and will be right up until the local elections. It doesn't really matter what is said if the default is to believe: it can be taken back after the election has taken place.
The lack of critical thinking by the hard core tory supporters is depressing. A good friend of mine on Saturday night said the problem with politics is we have an overwhelmingly left wing press in the UK.

I've known him for nearly 50 years since we were at school together, and he genuinely believes that statement to be true.

The lack of critical thinking by the hard core tory supporters is depressing. A good friend of mine on Saturday night said the problem with politics is we have an overwhelmingly left wing press in the UK.

I've known him for nearly 50 years since we were at school together, and he genuinely believes that statement to be true.
He should become Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport. Hopefully there will be a vacancy soon and he would appear to fit the bill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.