Name a player who can improve our starting Eleven

Reus should be our primary target. He would excel in our side, and would take us to a new level IMO.

Mangala and after the Everton game , i would break the bank to land Ross Barkley , that lad is going to be awesome , Lescott , Barry and Rodwell + £25 million starting bid

Apart from Messi who we have a chance of getting and Ronaldo who wouldn't come here for all the Tea in China it's a bit of a struggle this question.

Ramos or Thiago Silva as first choice partners to Vinny which would turn the very capable MDM and Nastasic into squad players;

I think Cesc Fabregas is a more effective and complete player than both Silva and Nasri but it doesn't really improve us that much, and personally I think a fully fit Jovetic could cover those roles;

A midfield player who has all the best qualities of De Jong, Barry, Garcia and Ferny who can rotate with the vastly underrated Brazilian and Yaya - not got a clue who;

That really is it.

You really could do this forever;

Neuer is a slightly better keeper than Joe, Lahm is better than Zabs, Marcelo is better than Clichy, Lewandowski is better than Edin -etc but we are a team - not a bunch of Galatico's.

I strongly disagree with the forum generally who think we need an attacking left sided forward and an improvement at left back and the minority of numpties who would replace Joe Hart with the vastly overrated Casillas or Buffon.

All in all, it's just a little bit of tinkering required in my opinion.

In the main Mr P and Mr Mancini and even Mark Hughes spent our vast riches wisely.

If we get Mangala, Fernando and Sagna then I think we're sorted. I would love a top quality left sided winger like Reus we haven't really had one in a while it's all been strikers apart from Nasri these past few season Robinho then Bellamy then Balotelli. Kolarov has a year left and haven't heard any thing about an extension so if he left I'd bring in Contrao but I hope he stays and we sell Clichy instead but because he's HG and on lower wages I doubt he'll go.

Mcfchamps said:
I'd be pleased with

Reus
Moreno/Rodriguez
Fabregas
Maybe Pogba
Mangala
Maybe another centerback
Sagna
Fernando

That's too many players if you ask me mate, it's more than half a team.

I personally wouldn't change our attack too much as we have scored a shed load this season and could have had more had Sergio and Jovetic been more regularly fit and had Negredo not got that shoulder injury in January which disrupted his form.

I still think we struggle big time when Silva is not available and a player like Fabregas - who also counts as homegrown - would be perfect to rotate with him and Nasri.

Fernando is needed as midfield back up and in addition to quality in midfield depth giving us 4 options of Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia and Fernando.

Mangala as defensive improvement giving us 4 options of Vinny, MDM, Mangala, Nastasic.

Sagna as a back up right back.

------

FW - Sergio, Dzeko, Negredo, Jovetic.

MF - Silva, Nasri, Fabregas, Milner, Navas

CMF - Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia, Fernando

LB - Kolarov, Clichy

RB - Zabaleta, Sagna

CDF - Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala, Nastasic.

GK - Hart, new back up.

sam-caddick said:
Mcfchamps said:
I'd be pleased with

Reus
Moreno/Rodriguez
Fabregas
Maybe Pogba
Mangala
Maybe another centerback
Sagna
Fernando

That's too many players if you ask me mate, it's more than half a team.

I personally wouldn't change our attack too much as we have scored a shed load this season and could have had more had Sergio and Jovetic been more regularly fit and had Negredo not got that shoulder injury in January which disrupted his form.

I still think we struggle big time when Silva is not available and a player like Fabregas - who also counts as homegrown - would be perfect to rotate with him and Nasri.

Fernando is needed as midfield back up and in addition to quality in midfield depth giving us 4 options of Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia and Fernando.

Mangala as defensive improvement giving us 4 options of Vinny, MDM, Mangala, Nastasic.

Sagna as a back up right back.

------

FW - Sergio, Dzeko, Negredo, Jovetic.

MF - Silva, Nasri, Fabregas, Milner, Navas

CMF - Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia, Fernando

LB - Kolarov, Clichy

RB - Zabaleta, Sagna

CDF - Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala, Nastasic.

GK - Hart, new back up.

Pants?

(but I like the way you're thinking!)

A few new additions, we've got a good thing going on here let's not go mental.

I'd opt for Sagna, Mangala, McCarthy(GK), Fernando. If Jovetic continues his awful injury record we should be looking for a replacement in Jan...Messi will do. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.