Name me 10 wingers from other teams better than Petrov

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Damocles said:
In the mind of half of the British media, quickness is the only required trait as a winger. It's amazing how many people think that Beckham is shit because he's slow and doesn't take players on.

Well Beckham is fairly shit now, but in his day i hated him because he played for the scum and was damn good

You don't play at one of the top clubs in the world if you are fairly shit.

Anybody who regularly watches Milan will tell you how fantastic Beckham has been in that team, totally revitalised them. Beckham is all about pinpoint balls, and you never lose that. Beckham will never be shit, unless he breaks his right foot. He does one thing, but does it so well that you don't need to be more than one dimensional.

GStar said:
MCC said:
Just sift through the top 8 teams in the Prem. Villa have 3, Spurs have 1-2, Liverpool have Benayoun, Scum have Giggs, Arsenal have Arshavin & Walcott, Chelsea have Cole and Malouda.

You think Benayoun/Young/Giggs/Walcott/Malouda are better than Petrov? Petrov is probably the best LW in the league, if not top 3... bar Giggs he's probably got the best left foot in the league.

I'm not sure there are any wingers better than Petrov, but a good few in the league on the same sort of level... creating and scoring goals, Petrov is fantastic.

Technically Robbie has a better left foot but thats a different argument

Forget how many you can name - just watch Petrov in any 50/50 challenge situation, he bottles it every time.

duff in 2003
giggs in 1997
pat nevin in 1988
jimmy johnstone in 1967
the summerbee family

some very bad wingers dempsey duff etc
unless it was just name 10 wingers who arent petrov

Damocles said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well Beckham is fairly shit now, but in his day i hated him because he played for the scum and was damn good

Anybody who regularly watches Milan will tell you how fantastic Beckham has been in that team, totally revitalised them. Beckham is all about pinpoint balls, and you never lose that. Beckham will never be shit, unless he breaks his right foot. He does one thing, but does it so well that you don't need to be more than one dimensional.

I watched him v Inter and he was terrible, he does what he does well, but Italy suits him at the pace he has become since joining Mickey Mouse soccer, if he got a club in Prem league or La liga he would be shown up alot more

I got no axe to grind with him, but he now has a skill which is pretty redundant as teams love to cut it back from the byline and Beckham has nover done that!!!

Damocles said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I watched him v Inter and he was terrible, he does what he does well, but Italy suits him at the pace he has become since joining Mickey Mouse soccer, if he got a club in Prem league or La liga he would be shown up alot more

I got no axe to grind with him, but he now has a skill which is pretty redundant as teams love to cut it back from the byline and Beckham has nover done that!!!

i dont mind petrov , but hes too 1 footed and not as quick as he was a couple of seasons ago , we shouldnt renew his contract tbh , hes garbage , and to add 1 to your list , adam johnson

Too many people in this thread are naming names that they have seen on FIFA, Football Manager and Youtube.

You cannot judge a player unless you watch them week in and week out. This is why I always laugh when people say how fantastic Di Maria is, I always think to myself "Oh right, watch a lot of Portuguese football then do you?".

@BB_1985: To be honest, the Inter match was the one game he has played for Milano this year where he was poor, trust you to watch that one!

Damocles said:
Too many people in this thread are naming names that they have seen on FIFA, Football Manager and Youtube.

You cannot judge a player unless you watch them week in and week out. This is why I always laugh when people say how fantastic Di Maria is, I always think to myself "Oh right, watch a lot of Portuguese football then do you?".

@BB_1985: To be honest, the Inter match was the one game he has played for Milano this year where he was poor, trust you to watch that one!

Was free week on ESPN, lol. I normally catch the highlights!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.