Naomi Osaka refusing to speak to the media - Is she right or wrong?

If I were an opponent of hers, that sort of thing would give me added confidence I could beat her because she is displaying a weak mentality.
Yet from Osaka's perspective, she may find her mental state clearer and stronger because she hasn't had to waste time in the media circus and has shed the emotional baggage that entails.

The tennis authorities Vet the reporters questions and only allow approved ones. Reporters should be told what areas they cannot go near and anyone transgressing should be banned.

Worked for decades for the Pisscan.

Does anyone actually watch or read these things? All seems to be part of the media’s bloated sense of self importance. Free jolly around the world to ask the same questions.

I don’t need to hear Guardiola being interviewed or players questioned. I’ll occasionally listen to pundits analyse a game, but inane/fawning questioning to feed a 24-hour media industry and sponsors serves little positive purpose. Same is true in the film industry.

Agreed. The only sport that used to be worth watching pre 'the event' was Martin Brundles pit walk.

Now that's been diluted by all the press officers, media training etc and it's not worth watching as much unfortunately.

Must admit I had never heard of her before I read this post.

She says doing the press interviews makes her ill

I had the same problems when signing on the dole after 35 years of work. Made to arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time no later. Lead to your seat my a security guard. Made to site they feeling like scum. Than integrated about how many jobs I have applied for in the last fortnight.
All this just to get 67 quid a week to pay my mortgage, feed my wife and two kids and me.
All the time the regulars with tattoos up their necks and face etc were treated like old mates in and out in minutes, no integration, nothing.
It made me poorly and I am sure it gave me mental health problems.

If she really has problems with doing them than surely a compromise can be worked out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.