Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

That last 10 minutes was as good football as you will see
Reminded me of when Munich ran United a merry dance in the CL when United had 10 men with the difference being Napoli had 11
Brilliant stuff

One thing that did particularly impress me last night was the short corner routine. Gone are the days of Joey Barton hoofing an in-swinger straight to their keeper, or boring James Milner clearing everyone and the ball going out for a throw in to the opposition.

They were well worked corners, and resulted in a couple of goals. Pep must have done his homework and spotted that weakness, because they clearly not used to getting set up for the short corner.

One thing that did particularly impress me last night was the short corner routine. Gone are the days of Joey Barton hoofing an in-swinger straight to their keeper, or boring James Milner clearing everyone and the ball going out for a throw in to the opposition.

They were well worked corners, and resulted in a couple of goals. Pep must have done his homework and spotted that weakness, because they clearly not used to getting set up for the short corner.

I don't know how many we've scored this year but we are miles more dangerous from corners than we have been for a long long time. Another Pep improvement.

Another one I've noticed too...we don't give free kicks away in our own half unless it's a game-saving/take-one-for-the foul in the last few minutes. That's a big positive because inferior teams often get their best chances from these setpieces.

Fantastic team performance, really good cameo from Bernardo in the last few minutes

I don't know how many we've scored this year but we are miles more dangerous from corners than we have been for a long long time. Another Pep improvement.

Another one I've noticed too...we don't give free kicks away in our own half unless it's a game-saving/take-one-for-the foul in the last few minutes. That's a big positive because inferior teams often get their best chances from these setpieces.
I seem to remember a few seasons back that we went about 20 games without scoring from a corner. I think we actually conceded a couple of times from having been awarded a corner then loosing possession.

Agree and when we did hit one into the box from Sane - boom goal. Great delivery from the lad.

Fantastic match between 2 fantastic teams and it says alot about the imorovement and attitude we have this time around.

Though having a squad full of world class players can be tough to keep happy with everyone wanting a go but what pep has managed to do is create hunger where every player being given a chance wants to stand out and no one is taking their place in the team for granted.

One thing that concerns me is that Gundogan isn't even close to being up to speed for the system yet. We've seen this when he first signed too, but it's been obvious since he's been back from the injury that he isn't at peak level yet, and it hurts us when he plays.

I'm not saying he isn't contributing or looking well, lets be clear on that.

But his off the ball movement and quick touches aren't there yet, and it hurt our ability to play out from the press yesterday. When we had a solid possession he was fine, but I'm talking about the winning back of the ball then the 2 or 3 immediate passes to open up the opposition.

Once Silva came on it was night and day, and this was in large part to how he moves and KDB and Fernandinho's familiarity with that movement.

how good was that 2015 summer transfer window in hindsight? every player bought that summer very important so far this summer. flawless summer

1 year extension and I've said it here as well, he will not stay longterm at City
Oh bore off. Literally every post you act like you’re related to Pep or something and you know his inner thoughts. You’re just a hanger on who knows fuck all. I’m sick of reading the same post of yours over and over. Are you even from Barcelona?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.