Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

Oh bore off. Literally every post you act like you’re related to Pep or something and you know his inner thoughts. You’re just a hanger on who knows fuck all. I’m sick of reading the same post of yours over and over. Are you even from Barcelona?
He said he would never come here at all,bless

got to love how stones attacked the ball last night. gives us a bigger threat when defenders are attacking on corners like that

One thing that concerns me is that Gundogan isn't even close to being up to speed for the system yet. We've seen this when he first signed too, but it's been obvious since he's been back from the injury that he isn't at peak level yet, and it hurts us when he plays.

I'm not saying he isn't contributing or looking well, lets be clear on that.

But his off the ball movement and quick touches aren't there yet, and it hurt our ability to play out from the press yesterday. When we had a solid possession he was fine, but I'm talking about the winning back of the ball then the 2 or 3 immediate passes to open up the opposition.

Once Silva came on it was night and day, and this was in large part to how he moves and KDB and Fernandinho's familiarity with that movement.

He made the first goal and no one can be David Silva he is a one off.

At Treviso with Timperley Blues.

"Disgusted" at how crap recent Gabriel jesus song is, .... instead thinking of this one to replace 'istanbul we're coming' one...

To tune of Go West/Pet shop boy boys....

Kieeevv, in the month of May.,
Kieeevv, watching City play,
Kieeevv, booing all the way!

Kieeev, (repeat above !...)

It could happen?!.. Maybe not but shame not to share atmosphere of ryanair queues at Treviso.....

He made the first goal and no one can be David Silva he is a one off.

I think you need to read my point again. He contributed. But off the ball his movement hurt others. And he can 100% do what David does off the ball. Delph does it, Walker does it, I highly doubt Gundogan can't do it. But he was very, very static early on especially and it meant every time we did get the ball and try move it fast he wasn't where he was meant to be in the system.

This system is so fine tuned that one piece out of place hurts us. It's why we look shite in the league cup.

Gundo will get it, no doubt about it. But right now it is a teething problem that hurts the overall performance.

I just find that amazing. Sure he has had his critics, unfairly imo. Yesterday was his best performance in a City shirt. He was on fire. How anyone couldn’t enjoy that is totally beyond me. Maybe the guy came from Naples.
Nope. Definitely oldish Manc bloke. Seen it once before in the pub, think it was Swansea away last season, when this old fool was slagging him off. He scored which shut him up for 5 mins before he started having a go again. Ridiculous.

Exactly this. It was the political bollox that did his head in at Barca and Bayern were so far up their own arses (them being German footballing aristocracy, nay, royalty and all that) and their egos were so inflated that they thought they were too good for him and probably tried to hinder him rather than help him. City must be a breath of fresh air for him compared to those two madhouses.

You are wrong with that. Bayern did a lot and broke a lot of their own rules to adjust to and to help Pep. That he had other means there and other possibilities - yes. But probably in both directions - positive and negative. It is not black and white. Pep knew that he had to adjust to the club - that is part of success, too - to not work against a club and the traditions and the fans. Like you have to adjust the tactics to the team and their strengths - not to try to fit players into a system that do not match. If you do you fail - one of the mistakes an Ancelotti did...

I am pretty sure that it has some advantages to work for City - but as much that there are some disadvantages, too.

The press is always something different. Pep is no press darling - he keeps them on distance.

He had a great time at Bayern - that is why he still has an appartment in Munich - and he still has very much friends there and is a close friend to Hoeneß. In a working relationship there is always highs and lows - you should know that from own experiences. But the way how Pep and Bayern parted should show you that it was very positive.

Some here think he wants to build himself a dynasty at City - but let's just wait some years. His main interest is the work on the pitch, the work with the players and to get them to play the way how he wants - not the surrounding. I do not even think that titles are that what is his main interest - even if that is the thing others are interested in most. That is not different from his time in Munich or his time in Barcelona. If he thinks that he cannot improve his players anymore etc. and he thinks they could get tired of his coaching - he might do the same like he did in Barcelona (after he thought that happened) or what he did in Munich (before that happened).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.