Napoli attendance {merged}

Re: 28k (ish) for Napoli?

I guess none of us will really know the crowd until 7:45 pm tomorrow, i think there was around 1700 tickets remaining in the 1st and 2nd tiers just before they took it off with probably 80% of those being in the lower tier of the North Stand and none of us really know how many were sold in the top tiers as they haven't been showing for awhile.

I see two people have mentioned 2500 and 4000 unsold which is par for the course because i have lost count of how many times i have read on here that we have 1000 tickets left or 3000 and then you get to the ground and see a lot more (not this season however) so the cynic in me would presume that there are a lot more unsold but lets hope i'm completely wrong.

I know some people have found it hard to go to this game due to a lack of money or problems with getting home on public transport should they live a long distance from the ground so any criticism levelled at them is a tad unfair to put it mildly but any blues who live close, can afford and just can't be arsed just leave me scratching my head, what more do they want?

blueyorkie said:
StMark's said:
Just bought one in Colin Bell Level 3.

Guy who sold me the ticket said around 2,500 tickets left, mainly in third tiers only.

So guessing 43k have now been sold, assuming a reduced capacity of 45.5k.

He also said ticket sales were taken offline as lots of Napoli fans had registered and tried to buy them. There will be extra police on hand to stop them getting into (and kicking them out of) home areas on the night.

Was told something similar from a friend who works at the club yesterday. He said at the time about 4000 tickets remaining. True about the police concerned about Napoli fans in home areas.

How? If you haven't got 70 points, you can't buy a ticket online. How would a Napoli fan accrue 70 points? I don't think that's the reason for taking sales offline.

Ticket For Schalke said:
M18CTID said:
berger1985 said:
I can't believe how many 'blues' haven't got just 70 'loyalty' points or even a purchase history.

"Where were you when we were shit?"

I'm not arsed about the attendance, it's the no shows who will be missing out, not us attendees. I can't understand why anybody would choose to miss this game, the proper blues I know wouldn't miss it any cost.

It's not that unbelievable though when you think about it. Plenty of fans that can't get to games as regularly as others will use other people's seasoncards, etc, and as such won't necessarily have their own purchase history.

As an example, a mate of mine works in the retail trade so his hours of work make it difficult for him to get to games on a regular basis. His brother has a seasoncard but lives somewhere down south (Northampton I think), and due to his young daughter having health problems over the last 12-18 months wasn't able to get up for a lot of games so my mate was using his seasoncard for some of those games when his work allowed him to. Now I don't know whether he has a purchase history but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't because even though he's a long-standing fan his profession over the past several years has prevented him from going to matches as regularly as he used to and he's probably never thought he had the need to get a membership card in his own name due to being able to use his brother's card when circumstances allowed him to.

Another example is another mate who is a seasoncard holder wanted to buy an additional ticket for this game for his 10-year old son but he too doesn't have a purchase history even though he has been to a game before - Wolves at home 2 seasons ago when he used my seasoncard as I was away that weekend.

That's 2 examples I alone know of and I wouldn't mind betting there are thousands of others.

Never mind with the long posts, it is pretty feeble not having 70 loyalty points, considering they were offering 50 alone for a lot of the cup games last season, as we all know, there was no mad demand for tickets so no need to use other peoples cards.

Well it's games like this, when a purchase history is required due to the reputation of the visiting fans, where it comes back to bite people on the arse a bit. However, I wasn't making excuses for those without a purchase history - just offering up a couple of explanations as to why people might not have one and as I said this is no doubt repeated thosands of times across our whole support base and also to point out that those without one but want to attend this game aren't necessarily "new" fans. I also think that while adults have less excuse, it's unfair having a pop at a 10 year old kid for not having a purchase history.

Either way, it makes no odds to me on a personal basis as I've got over 8000 points and been a member of the cup scheme ever since it started ;)

mcfcliam said:
Reading posts on here and what people have told me, we're looking at 28k at best for Wednesday night I reckon.

Why though?

It's cheap enough and our first ever CL game...I'm not normally one to be arsed about who turns up to a game, but it will be embarrassing if we don't sell out for this.

Admit it, when the CL theme tune plays before the match and you're looking at masses of empty seats round you, you'll feel shite. I know I will.

FFS, how long have we waited for this? and now people can't be bothered turning up.

We have a lot of armchair fans now and plenty of people who are happy with watching in the pub nowadays...why?

***Liam in an overdramatic thread shocker***

Got yourself some good advisors.

I was at the ground yesterday to buy a ticket for my dad - to get us together I had to relocate to the family stand as there were no '2 together' elsewhere. I asked how many tickets were left and the answer was "....it will be a good crowd but not likely to be a sell-out..."

I do not mean to slag of our fans but I must admit I am disappointed and exasperated that we cannot sell out our 1st ever CL game

It is embarrassing - and does ask questions over our claim for many years to have wonderful support - a factor I am guessing was involved in the Sheik's decision to 'choose us'. My take on it is that through the decades of hurt we have suffered we kept our core support - many on here I am sure were going all the years down to Div1 and back - but it will take us some time to attract the larger support that will go to the ground - not helped because of the ease with which you can watch the match live in the pub or at home.

Supporters will be a different breed to when the scum started to attract full houses - the good news (I hope) is that when we knock the scum off their perch they will start to see the gaps appear and accelerate. CITY are doing the right thing (IMO), although unpopular with some fans, by tying in attendance to the big games to attendance at the preliminary rounds. That is for me why the scum do well - and also why when they stop getting to finals it will change.

On a different note - whilst I was there in the (smallish) queue there was an example of the determination of Napoli fans to but tickets in the home end.

There was a couple of young italians going to great lengths to explain how they should get tickets 'booked / requested' via email a week ago using a card that belongs to a CITY fan with points etc etc - they were refused and but the debate went on all the way though the time I was queuing and they were left debating the position with a manager in a side area by the time I left - this probably explains how some of the ticketing policy of CITY in this regards has been right

Quite a few who go at weekends are young kids who don't do night matches. Quite a few travel long distances so can't do midweek games. Some rely on public transport which makes evening games difficult. A lot work away from home during the week. There are quite a few who just about manage to afford a season ticket but can't do much else. Etc, etc.

I'm surprised at someone who lives locally and can afford it not being there but that's their choice. It's not my problem what someone else does with their time & money.

Don't see the problem with a few Neapolitans in the 'home sections'. The club/police policy seems a bit excessive to stop this happening. I've been to many away grounds in the past and sat in the 'home section' with no problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.