Napoli attendance {merged}

Re: 28k (ish) for Napoli?

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
LoveCity said:
Zonalmarking said:
In 1994 the capacity was 45k

Considering how much you defend them, just tell us - are you a United fan?

What about the 18k vs. Torpedo Moscow in 1992/1993? How do you defend that?

that was established a few weeks ago ....... he has openly stated that he is a rag living abroad ....... I don't know why we let them stay but for some reason the powers that be don't mind them ............ the only negative of this forum.

Think you've got me mixed up with someone else, horse. I live right here in Sunny Manc. And I pop in every now and then for a brief chat, hardly enough to register a knats fart on the richter scale.

GaudinoMotors said:
franksinatra said:
GaudinoMotors said:
The embarrassment that was our Community Shield attendance was supposedly down to the fact that it was a meaningless game, people were on holiday and people were saving the money for the Champions League games - so where is everyone now?
Perhaps it is time to reassess the sleeping giant theory? Maybe this is as good as it gets -
28 to 30 thousand core support and the rest on a pick and choose basis.

The community shield attendance wasnt embarrassing, just as the Napoli attendance wont be either. We are what we are. It makes me laugh these threads surface. I dont go to every game so wouldnt criticise others for not attending, with the exception of a few, we all miss games and other things take priority. If we have a hardcore of 30k thats great and if others pick and choose its up to them, we all support the club so why slate each other.

Well that's just great Nietzche thanks for the 'bleeding obvious' - and where does my post slate anyone - it merely asks a question and makes an observation.

I think he is on a mission to stop those that think this is embarrassing from expressing their opinion - it was my turn earlier

LoveCity said:
Zonalmarking said:
In 1994 the capacity was 45k

Considering how much you defend them, just tell us - are you a United fan?

What about the 18k vs. Torpedo Moscow in 1992/1993? How do you defend that?

It was 19,998 (that's less than 20,000) V Moscow, UEFA cup 1992/93
Never forget that fact when arguing with a rag !

BringBackSwales said:
Zonalmarking said:
GXCity said:
To anyone who is worried about what the Rags will say when we do not sell out just remind them of their first Champions League game against Gothenburg in 1994.

Wednesday 14 September 1994
UEFA Champions League - Group phase
Old Trafford (33,625)
Man Utd 4 - 2 Gothenburg
Giggs
Giggs
Kanchelskis
Sharpe

Starting XI
Peter Schmeichel
David May
Denis Irwin
Steve Bruce
Lee Sharpe
Gary Pallister
Andrei Kanchelskis
Paul Ince
Nicky Butt
Mark Hughes
Ryan Giggs

Managers
Alex Ferguson

33k.....enough said!!

There was no Stretford end in 1994? It was being re-built.

but the shitford end is only approximately 1/4 of the total shit heap capacity?
no i checked be4 it had been fully rebuilt in 1994 go on google type old trafford 1994 and it looks like st marys.

Their average attendance for the 1994 season was 43,683.

10k empty seats at that champions league game

Zonalmarking said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The capacity at the swamp was never less than 45,000 and the conversion of the old Stretford End was finished for the 1994/5 season. So the capacity for that first CL game would have been around 55,000.

So it was at 60% capacity, meaning we would need 28,000 to match that.

Edit: Apologies - it was 43,000 from 1994-1996. So still only 3/4 full meaning we need about 35-36,000 to match it.

Whoa, I don't know why you've invented some sort of bizarre competition, spanning decades?? I reckon the Napoli game will sell out, apart from the space for CL advertising.

All through the 90's all three sides of OT were knocked down and re-built, so it's abit daft plucking out attendence figures from mongapedi. That was my point. Not to enter into a pissing contest.

The fact that bits were knocked down and re-built during the 90s is completely irrelevant unless you knocked it down and re-built it between the end of August 94 and September 94 ie the matches either side of the CL game quoted. If not, then you had 10,000 empty seats for that game.

oakiecokie said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
oakiecokie said:
Nice to see a fucking sensible post and not some fucker worrying what the "neighbours" might think if we don`t fill it to capacity.
Likewise I was there in 1968 and will be on Wednesday.Do I worry about what people may think ?
No I`ll leave that to the narrow minded bitters who are creaping onto our forum.
Havn`t some of you got some homework to finish ??

-- Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:34 pm --

Well aren`t you the fucking hard kid on the block !!
How the fuck do you know what individuals personal circumstances are,both home life and financially.
I fookin despair with some of you lot.
Did you not see or understand the first sentence of my post? Please read it again oakie and if I was being a bit passionate about people not attending the Napoli game because they can't be arsed I don't give a shit they are CRAP fans. As a Blue who has supported them through thick and mainly thin for 43 years I think I deserve a say. Rant over.

Unfortunately I didn`t understand any of your post,except for the full post whinging about City fans.
You despair with SOME of our lot !!
I despair at the whinging fookers like you,whinging because some cant go for whatever reasons.
I only moan at the moaners like you,who constantly whinge and moan about fellow Blues and the fact you are probably more upset with how our neighbours will react IF we dont fill to capacity.
RANT JUST STARTED !! ;)
Sorry if I offended you, if you're not going tomorrow night I won't hold it against you pal.

oakiecokie said:
Did you not see or understand the first sentence of my post? Please read it again oakie and if I was being a bit passionate about people not attending the Napoli game because they can't be arsed I don't give a shit they are CRAP fans. As a Blue who has supported them through thick and mainly thin for 43 years I think I deserve a say. Rant over.

Unfortunately I didn`t understand any of your post,except for the full post whinging about City fans.
You despair with SOME of our lot !!
I despair at the whinging fookers like you,whinging because some cant go for whatever reasons.
I only moan at the moaners like you,who constantly whinge and moan about fellow Blues and the fact you are probably more upset with how our neighbours will react IF we dont fill to capacity.
RANT JUST STARTED !! ;)
Sorry if I offended you, if you're not going tomorrow night I won't hold it against you pal.

Yes I will be there tomorrow,just like the other 48 years nearly of supporting the Blues through thick and thin.A few pints in Summerbees Bar with my lad and then upto S Block CB L3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.