Napoli attendance {merged}

Re: 28k (ish) for Napoli?

mancitytmdanttom said:
Marvin said:
We sold out Wigan a week before the game, but can't sell out for Europe that's what's off

And the reason is the very low uptake by seasoncard holders of Cup tickets

The most likely explanation is one that most fans wont like ........ our seasoncard holders live outside of Manchester and find it difficult to make midweek Kick Offs.

Does it matter? Of course. Attendances are a measure of a club's size and potential

That's never bothered Chelsea - They very rarely sell out for cup games

They sold out their FIRST one

I don't think it is a case of season ticket holders living a fair distance away hence not making night games, although naturally it is in some instances but more a case that some aren't really dyed in the wool City fans despite forking out for season tickets. They go to home games mainly for a day out, meet up with mates and family,never go to aways and sit like they are in church.

berger1985 said:
Money is an issue for me, and I missed paying my mortgage to renew my season ticket and would do again in a heart beat. Nothing will ever get in the way of City, I wouldn't move abroad with the family to Lanzarote because of City, I won't take a job that requires weekend work because of City, I quit playing football because it clashed with City, if I need money for tickets and it means I can't afford cigs or as night out for 6 months, I don't give a shit because....City is what matters more to me as a matter of priority. Some of us are like that.

Personally, I think you're mental! ;) I couldn't put City that high up my priority list, but fair play to you and those who do.

I think it's bit off that some of those who don't to prioritise City above other things are given the 'not a real fan' treatment by some on here. It's not always the most welcoming place for newcomers - someone was given the 'bandwagon' treatment on a Birmingham thread for having joined to say he was coming to his first City game. Should we have a loyalty points criteria for joining here now??

oakiecokie said:
Carlos The Jackal said:
Fuzzy Logic said:
Most people have families, friends, careers, bills to pay, hobbies, holidays etc.
City are important but not as important as paying bills, spending time with friends and family etc.
If city are you're priority then fair enough mate, but they aren't mine or most other peoples.

I have two children and a mortgage and bills to pay but i also budget to watch city, if you can't manage to get 25 notes together for Citys first match in the european cup for 40 plus years then the mind boggles.

Well aren`t you the lucky one !!
I assume that you aren`t on the minimum wage,unlike a lot of people nowadays.
"Can`t manage to get 25 notes together" Yes thats the reality for some Blues fans unfortunately,so please don`t be piss taking just because you earn a decent salary !!

I think it's safe to get off your moral high horse. Nobody is saying you should go if you are on the poverty line.

Didsbury Dave said:
The "embarrassment" being referred to is simply those out there who fear being ribbed off their United mates.

You can admit it or not but that's the truth.

Grow some balls and give it them both fucking barrells - it's only Man Utd fans who choose their club because they've got the most fans. Who gives a shit how many fans a club has?

Absolutely spot on DD !!

oakiecokie said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The "embarrassment" being referred to is simply those out there who fear being ribbed off their United mates.

Grow some balls and give it them both fucking barrells - it's only Man Utd fans who choose their club because they've got the most fans. Who gives a shit how many fans a club has?

Absolutely spot on DD !!

It's not spot on its crap.

People get criticised for making judgements as to why people should go and then these same people guess at why they are doing it! I couldn't care less about the rags.

As our Manager says:

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has described the club's Champions League debut as a "special day" - but warned they face a tough test against Napoli.

There is a light said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Me, I want City to be the best at everything. That includes our support. I will always give it back to any rag who wants to try to rib us, but it reflects badly on us because the likes of Tottenham, Everton, Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland would all sell 40k plus in my opinion.

It makes us look like we have a big chunk of our support who don't care enough to find an extra 25 quid for a ticket (I exclude long distance blues from that before they start crying). It's the Champions League ffs, where is the passion?

It's a ridiculously over-hyped tournament and that hype has brainwashed fans across Europe into thinking it's the be-all and end-all where football is concerned. That's why I've now decided to fuck this game off and give my ticket to someone else. I've also got a ticket for Bayern Munich away but I'm going to get pissed out of my skull at the Oktoberfest instead.

Give me York, Lincoln, and Wycombe away in the second division any day of the week. Not to mention watching our reserves get knocked out of the Auto Windscreens Shield at home to Mansfield in front of 3007 fans. (Thank fuck for the 600 or so Mansfield fans that turned up and the 30 or 40 Bayern Munich fans that put in an appearance ahead of their CL game at The Swamp the following night, otherwise we'd have been looking at an attendance of less than 2500).

Yep, it's fair to say modern football is shit.

so how sold out is the game then???? cant belive anyone is arsed what a red **** thinks tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.