Napoli Away

M35 Blue said:
metalblue said:
chris_m said:
Ours is booked, leaving LSP at 12:02, leaving Paris at 18:33, arrive Rome at 10:12.
Book each leg separately, it's much cheaper! The leg from Rome to Naples you can't book atm, but it works out as about 19 euro each, we'll be on the 10:39 regional train

On it, cracking value at £31

Are u lads setting off on the Monday?

Are u just getting a train to London? What are your plans on getting home? All in all, travel and accomodation, what you looking at total (approx?)

Just interested as would love to do something like this.

Yes, leaving on the Monday. Getting to Paris mid afternoon (plenty of time to spare for a few drinks) and I will (most likely) get train into London. Home I might have to take plane on the Wednesday due to work commitments but will know a bit nearer the time on that.

Hotel i've gone for the Majestic (about £80), train paris to rome £31 (early saver deal), train to Naples anywhere from £10-£30, eurostar london-paris (i have a bunch of points so free for me). same price for return legs if you don't mind getting the overnight train rome-paris which will get you back in London thursday sometime, if you want to get back on wednesday you will either need to fly (like I might) or train but that is £80 rome-paris.

If you fancy it....the more the merrier....should be a good trip.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:41 pm --<br /><br />
tasker said:
fair play to you lads, hope you have a great trip

thanks pal

"Please don't be exagerate to say things like that".
Everybody says that when people talk about Naples. It is a war zone, Northern Naples is policed by the army. Naples is far more dangerous than London or anywhere else in western europe. I don't think you'll have any problems there in terms of being beaten up or stabbed, it's just an intimidating city in some areas. The away fans are located next to the Ultras which is different to Roma and the Milan clubs. I personally would not waste my money going, as it's 1 of those places where you have to constantly watch your back.

I'm particularly interested in Naples. It's one of the most important cities in Italy, and seems to have a lot of character and history. I'd definitely like to go one day, despite its well documented problems. I think quite a lot of places you need to have your wits about you, and not look for trouble, I imagine a group of pissed up football fans, staggering around an unfamiliar City, would be an easy target for thieves.

Please stop worrying so much about Napoli. Like in many cities (not just in Europe) there are areas that it's probably advisable to steer clear of, but we shouldn't generalise so much and literally sh_t ourselves about going there.

I'm flying in on the Tuesday lunchtime and won't be leaving until Thursday afternoon. And I'm really looking forward to the trip and the game without panicking about whether I'll get home in one piece.

A bit more positivity here, please!!!!!!!!!!!! These are the sorts of trips we only dreamed of a couple of years ago.

They caught the English disease and now English hooliganism is no way near as bad as it was. But it seems other countries still think a large amount of our fans are 'up for it' when really a large majority of us aren't.

Thanks to Bilboblue and his mate I'm coming upto Manchester...already got flight booked for Napoli...can't wait
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYrjYDpHbTg&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.