Napoli Away

I'd advise not to go. I lived in italy for numerous years and I have to say Napoli is generally regarded as the most dangerous place in Italy. It has the highest murder rate in the whole of western europe over 4000 murders in the last 30 years. It has the highest rate of heroin use anywhere in europe and the highest rate of drug related deaths. Every single business from the ice cream stands to fashion boutiques are controlled by the Camorra. Fortunately I have olive skin and could speak italian, but I saw numerous tourists getting pestered by dodgy characters. Napoli fans are infamous for their attacks on visiting fans and don't expect any help from the police.

chris_m said:
metalblue said:
RushyMagic said:
What's your plans for the train? When are you setting off and what are the prices looking at? I quite fancy a train journey. I was going to go on the sport options trip, but a train trip sounds pretty good.

something like this:

Leave:15:02
Arrive:10:25
18h:23m

15:02 From LONDON ST-PANCRAS To PARIS
then
20:33 From PARIS BERCY To MILAN 05:38
then
milan/naples arive at 10:25am

or we can do leave london @ 14:02, leave bercy in Paris 18:54, arrive Rome, 10am leave Rome to Naples at noon, arrive naples 13:10

price wise showing about £200-£250 plus hotel overnight in naples (about £50-£80).

Ours is booked, leaving LSP at 12:02, leaving Paris at 18:33, arrive Rome at 10:12.
Book each leg separately, it's much cheaper! The leg from Rome to Naples you can't book atm, but it works out as about 19 euro each, we'll be on the 10:39 regional train

On it, cracking value at £31

standupefc said:
I'd advise not to go. I lived in italy for numerous years and I have to say Napoli is generally regarded as the most dangerous place in Italy. It has the highest murder rate in the whole of western europe over 4000 murders in the last 30 years. It has the highest rate of heroin use anywhere in europe and the highest rate of drug related deaths. Every single business from the ice cream stands to fashion boutiques are controlled by the Camorra. Fortunately I have olive skin and could speak italian, but I saw numerous tourists getting pestered by dodgy characters. Napoli fans are infamous for their attacks on visiting fans and don't expect any help from the police.
Are you talking about Napoli or about a war? Please don't be exagerate to say things like that.

markpollard said:
So who is going on this trip? Just been doing a bit of research on this away trip as I love Italy but the more I read, the more I am having second thoughts. Seems the dippers had quite a few problems there when they played in 2009 with 5 of them getting stabbed. I have travelled away with City and work and been to some pretty dodgy places but this place and its fans seem a step up. I have always made my own arrangements for european away trips but I am thinking of Thomas Cook for this one. Has anyone gone with them before and if so what are they like? Is this the safest option for the game? Do they arrange transport from the hotel to the ground?

Any help would be appreciated

The place is run by the Mafia, there was aprogramme on TV a few weeks ago about Naples and its corruption and crime problems, the place is a shit hole and not the site seeing kind of fun place you might well expect. To cap it all the place is strewn with rubbish and dangerous chemicals due to the Mafias involvement in waste disposal, they dump it all over the damn place and charge a fortune for doing so.
Not for me, Munich yes, I can run from Neo Nazi football fans, but not bullets and grime.

metalblue said:
chris_m said:
metalblue said:
something like this:

then
then

or we can do leave london @ 14:02, leave bercy in Paris 18:54, arrive Rome, 10am leave Rome to Naples at noon, arrive naples 13:10

price wise showing about £200-£250 plus hotel overnight in naples (about £50-£80).

Ours is booked, leaving LSP at 12:02, leaving Paris at 18:33, arrive Rome at 10:12.
Book each leg separately, it's much cheaper! The leg from Rome to Naples you can't book atm, but it works out as about 19 euro each, we'll be on the 10:39 regional train

fair play to you lads, hope you have a great trip

FFS blues all we need to do is stick together! I have been saying this for a couple of years now that we have managed to stay away from so called ''Dodgy/Dangerous Places/Football clubs'' the likes of Turkey, Serbia and Italy etc, but it was just a matter of time as we progressed in success! those of us that have gone in the 80's to such grounds as the Millwall's etc alway have a certain mind set whilst travelling to any away match's even these days! (I suppose some things never leave you) things are to be honest so much better than they were now in the UK, but abroad its a different story!!!! most Euro clubs have major problems with Hooligans/Ultrus, I went to most euro away trips last year and the year before and as far back as Lokeren and followed England since the 80's! there was alot of posts regarding problems we may get in Turin, and even when we were there we heard a number of times that the ''Drugi'' Juventus's mob where coming to the city centre to attack us, but to be honest most blues stayed together in the huntsman pub, and nothing happened and most travelled together to the stadium, there was a few blues who got a bloody nose walking around from the Juv end to the City end, but that was it!!!! now the crowd was shit for this match and it was of little importance as Juv were already out of the group stages, and we were through, would of been different if Juv needed to win to go through probably!!!! There is one big problem though as I see it, after the game we went back to the Huntsman pub in Turin and the City fans got absolutely bladdered to the point where some could not even stand up and were starting with each other!!! and also most failed to realise that there were a number of ATM (Torino) Ultrus in the pub, not drinking just observing the City fans, now if we were attacked by the ''Drughi'' then I would confess some of our fans would indeed have been in real trouble, ''the two Navy lads come to mind'' because they decided to have a tour of the city at night falling all over the place, lying in the roads and completley out of it and fucking out of it, luckily myself and others managed to get them back to the hotel! but you can't do this is some of these ''Cities'' even the Rags have learn't this whilst abroad (THEY STICK TOGETHER), most blues see these trips as major pissups and unfortunatley it won't be long before we get reports like what happened to the scouses!!!! Now I'm not no wannabe Hooligan or anything like that, I just have a quite alot of experience whilst following City abroad recently and with england, my advise would be ''STICK TOGETHER AND REMEMBER YOUR NOT IN MANCHESTER'' oh and yes I will be going to Naples!!!!!!

Bluemanc1968 said:
FFS blues all we need to do is stick together! I have been saying this for a couple of years now that we have managed to stay away from so called ''Dodgy/Dangerous Places/Football clubs'' the likes of Turkey, Serbia and Italy etc, but it was just a matter of time as we progressed in success! those of us that have gone in the 80's to such grounds as the Millwall's etc alway have a certain mind set whilst travelling to any away match's even these days! (I suppose some things never leave you) things are to be honest so much better than they were now in the UK, but abroad its a different story!!!! most Euro clubs have major problems with Hooligans/Ultrus, I went to most euro away trips last year and the year before and as far back as Lokeren and followed England since the 80's! there was alot of posts regarding problems we may get in Turin, and even when we were there we heard a number of times that the ''Drugi'' Juventus's mob where coming to the city centre to attack us, but to be honest most blues stayed together in the huntsman pub, and nothing happened and most travelled together to the stadium, there was a few blues who got a bloody nose walking around from the Juv end to the City end, but that was it!!!! now the crowd was shit for this match and it was of little importance as Juv were already out of the group stages, and we were through, would of been different if Juv needed to win to go through probably!!!! There is one big problem though as I see it, after the game we went back to the Huntsman pub in Turin and the City fans got absolutely bladdered to the point where some could not even stand up and were starting with each other!!! and also most failed to realise that there were a number of ATM (Torino) Ultrus in the pub, not drinking just observing the City fans, now if we were attacked by the ''Drughi'' then I would confess some of our fans would indeed have been in real trouble, ''the two Navy lads come to mind'' because they decided to have a tour of the city at night falling all over the place, lying in the roads and completley out of it and fucking out of it, luckily myself and others managed to get them back to the hotel! but you can't do this is some of these ''Cities'' even the Rags have learn't this whilst abroad (THEY STICK TOGETHER), most blues see these trips as major pissups and unfortunatley it won't be long before we get reports like what happened to the scouses!!!! Now I'm not no wannabe Hooligan or anything like that, I just have a quite alot of experience whilst following City abroad recently and with england, my advise would be ''STICK TOGETHER AND REMEMBER YOUR NOT IN MANCHESTER'' oh and yes I will be going to Naples!!!!!!

thumbs up to this man, looking to this one more than the rest! stick together and don't do the poznan outside the ground :D lol

metalblue said:
chris_m said:
metalblue said:
something like this:

then
then

Are u lads setting off on the Monday?

Are u just getting a train to London? What are your plans on getting home? All in all, travel and accomodation, what you looking at total (approx?)

Just interested as would love to do something like this.

Bluemanc1968 said:

At last a sensible post on Napoli. Go with the right attitude and dont wander off from the main pubs and you will be fine. If you have any doubts I suggest you wait to see what Spikes running and book on that. That way you get the transfers everywhere and can booze in the hotel if you dont fancy a wander. People suggesting that the Mafia will be a problem to City fans is so ludicrous its laughable. Imagine a Napoli fan not travelling to Manchester because hed seen riots on TV or heard of the quality street gang! Get a grip people. Just go on an organised trip if you have a worry and stop flapping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.