Napoli Fans Goal Celebration

JamesM said:
As a Liverpool fan who didn't travel to Naples but heard all of the stories, i'd warn you all off getting carried away with your praise for that lot until after your visit to Naples is concluded without incident. Someone put a really informative post in the thread for the people travelling to Naples and it was greeted with comments like "oh a scousers guide to europe woopie" bla bla, fact is everyone i've heard from who went there spent there whole time trying not to get set upon.

These were going round on their scooters looking to set upon anyone English, many had knives and there were people unassociated with Liverpool who were stabbed because they were English. They were not a pleasant bunch to say the least and that Napoli fan on this forum who's said that we went there looking for trouble and got it is frankly taking the p*ss. So I appreciate a bit of back slapping is nice but beware of the arse stabbing in Napoli before getting carried away.

To be honest mate (welcome btw) I don't think any English football fan is naive enough to think that sort of stuff doesn't go on we've all heard about Liverpool, then there was Utd fans getting a hiding from the police in Rome inside the Stadio Olimpico the other year (and I think Middlesbrough fans getting stabbed? (could've been Leeds or both), we are just trying to accentuate the positives here and build bridges.

I would have like to post this as a new topic but don't have permissions. This is our day out Napoli Fans Club London. Our thanks go to Billy and John (Bluemoon boys Bilboblu and Goudybob)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAnD15FGwug[/youtube]
If anyone can move it thankyou - Pete

pete1201 said:
I would have like to post this as a new topic but don't have permissions. This is our day out Napoli Fans Club London. Our thanks go to Billy and John (Bluemoon boys Bilboblu and Goudybob)

Quality! Quality! Quality!

Thnx for sharing this.

pete1201 said:
"È per te" is my favourite after "biancazzurro"!

mr groucho said:
pete1201 said:
"È per te" is my favourite after "biancazzurro"!
good video Pete. Can I ask how much the napoli fans paid for their tickets and was it considered a decent price?

pete1201 said:
Good vid. I kept seeing that "are you Italian? No, Napulitan!" banner the other night. Reminded me of the "Catalunia is NOT Spain" banners they have up at the Camp Nou for some Barca games. Obviously proud to be Neapolitans!

BillyMC said:
good video Pete. Can I ask how much the napoli fans paid for their tickets and was it considered a decent price?

Yes it was considered very fair for Champions League (Euros 29). When Napoli played Liverpool in the Europa League De Laurentis saw it as a money making opportunity. I paid 50 for a seat I normally pay 35 for. However the visitors section (settore ospiti)is priced the same as the Curvas, and for the Pool game he increased it from 15 to 25. I would guess you're gonna pay in the region of 25-30, unless he gets real greedy!!!<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:49 am --<br /><br />
danburge82 said:
Good vid. I kept seeing that "are you Italian? No, Napulitan!" banner the other night. Reminded me of the "Catalunia is NOT Spain" banners they have up at the Camp Nou for some Barca games. Obviously proud to be Neapolitans!
Yes mate a huge cultural divide in Italy. Napoli is the poorest Italian city by a street...but it is the richest culturally by a country mile. Rome and the north sing "noi non siamo napoletani" (we are not Neapolitans) in a ridiculing racist way....they wouldn't dare do it face to face.
The Neapolitans sing back "VOI NON SIETE NAPOLETANI" (you are not Neapolitans). Search these phrases in youtube.
For the Neapolitan people it goes back to the fateful unity of Italy in 1861. From being the 3rd richest country in Europe (The Kingdom of The Two Sicilies) the south of Italy has declined economically because the North used their wealth to develope industry.
The envy of the Northern cities is that these people (Neapolitans) refuse to lie down in spite of their government turning their backs on them (a very evil envy)

hey pete can you name some quality napolitan music, songs or full albums which re good.

i only this one :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-xsosv6uM0[/youtube]

balkanno said:
hey pete can you name some quality napolitan music, songs or full albums which re good.

Well, it's hard to say! Napoli has a rich tradition in music, i can name you lots of titles:
'o surdato 'nnamurato (the soldier in love, despite some ultras don't like this abit of us, we use to sing it after a winning match)
'o sole mio (my sun)
tuorna a surriento (come back to Sorrento)
anema e core (soul and heart)
malafemmena (nasty woman)
reginella (pretty queen)
funiculì funiculà (impossible to translate, it comes from "funicolare" that's a train to go up to a hill, like Praga's or Montmartre's).

those are just old songs, we have a recent tradition as well, like Pino Daniele or Almamegretta (who worked together with Massive Atttack)...

@Balkanno....Neapolitan music is prolific and is the best in Italy ...another thing that P*sses of Italians...the Gondolier in Venice winces when the tourist makes him sing O Sole mio...cos yet again Neapolitan culture kicks him in the balls. I'm out in a minute but I'll post you a set of links later...but for now I'll leave you with this one O' surdato 'nnamurato (a soldier in love).
This is the hymn of the Napoli Fans and you will only hear it at the end of a game if they win... It is so beautiful when San Paolo reverberates to this anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQK0cBe3yik<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:41 am --<br /><br />
mr groucho said:
balkanno said:

Well, it's hard to say! Napoli has a rich tradition in music, i can name you lots of titles:
'o surdato 'nnamurato (the soldier in love, despite some ultras don't like this abit of us, we use to sing it after a winning match)
'o sole mio (my sun)
tuorna a surriento (come back to Sorrento)
anema e core (soul and heart)
malafemmena (nasty woman)
reginella (pretty queen)
funiculì funiculà (impossible to translate, it comes from "funicolare" that's a train to go up to a hill, like Praga's or Montmartre's).

those are just old songs, we have a recent tradition as well, like Pino Daniele or Almamegretta (who worked together with Massive Atttack)...

Thanks Mr Groucho you have saved me lots of work!!! Ciao and Forza Napoli

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.