Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

im normally devestated after a loss and going out basically i thought would really hurt,but well be back next year. napoli prob wont,there totteham of last yar and wont win it but fair play to them,they deserved it.

the only thing i fear is how itl effectt us,liverpool game is huge

The CL is totally diferent to PL, it will take us a couple of years to get that experrience needed to be more competative, even then its not a given.
In hidsight maybe Clichy, Aguro and Micah would have been an option.

I feel sick. This was just down to poor team selection. Richards should have played and we would have definitely won the game and thats why Im a bit pissed. Zaba was piss-poor today. Im not dissing on mancini but I dont know why he didn't pick his best team today. But fair play to napoli. They deserved to have won 3-1 or 4-1. But all the two goals were just piss poor defending from kolo and zaba. Hope mancini doesn't make this mistake again cus I honestly adore that guys. He has just been fantastic and I have nothing to say to him. Considering also that even the great MAN UTD drew at home to benefica, I think this competition is just way harder than any of us expected. At least now we can focus on the domestic titles and hopely become the second coming of the invincibles.

jesus chill it 1 game ya win as a team and ya lose as a team so will ppl stop pointing fingers at players not happy with the defeat myself but its part of a learning curve and also we r in the hardess group in the comp

I feel sorry for the bloke who cycled from Rochdale!

This was a carbon copy of the 1st game, they absorbed the pressure and hit us on the counter attack. After Bayern, Napoli are the second best team we have played this season.

No easy games at this level.

Blue Tooth said:
I think our priority is Premier league and that is why Richards and Clichy were rested...I've said this all season...CL is a learning curve and the best way to make sure we are back next year is to win the league.
We played well for much of the game and had plenty of possession and chances (Kolarov's shot end of first half, Balo's header second to name two good ones)

I thought we were a little slow to attack at times and gave Napoli the chance to get back in numbers.They on the other hand countered like lightning but we should have been prepared for that...Soft 1st goal to conced and a bit slow to react on number 2.
All in all I think we did wenough for the draw but that's football.
The last game in Spain is not a no brainer for Napoli and if they think it is it could still bite em on the arse.
Fingers crossed...no fat lady singing just yet.

A sensible and rational post. [Makes a change on here!]

IF we win the league in may, we'll look back and say this was a blessing in disguise.

TCIB said:
Gotta be looking at Mancini for this one, any fool could see Dzeko was isolated and covered easily.

The left and right backs, i am struggling to comprehend his reasons for this.

Sub's wtf, we were losing so why not go earlier and have a crack. Was he looking not to conceed again ? if so he had his priorities wrong and he better change them quick.

Bad night at the office and to top it all my frazzles have fuck all bacon flavoring.

Judging by the team selection, he didn't care about Europe.

We have Liverpool coming up and he picked the PL over the CL. I think he didn't want to tire Aguero.

When Mancini said qualifying would be our goal, you could tell that it wouldn't be our focus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.