Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Whats ironic and typical in equal measures is that the player (Cavani) that has potentially knocked us out of the CL may well end up playing for us come the start of next season.

I think we need to distinguish between "rotation" as a guiding principle to keep the squad fresh / on their toes...and "rotation" as a misguided automatic reflex...that ignores the form + momentum of certain players.

Micah was fantastic vs Newcastle (+ Clichy has been pretty consistent too).
No-one can say with any certainty that the result would have been any different if these two had played...but there is a nagging feeling we didn't do ourselves any favours by picking Zabaleta + Kolorov.

This sort of "pre-programmed" rotation is the sort of policy that Benitez got a lot of stick for at Liverpool.

Apart from the fullback issue:
- I thought De Jong contributed nothing in this game (other than a stray pass that set up their second goal)....( I would go a lot further but the De Jong attack dogs are probably in a pretty nasty mood tonight...like the rest of us)
- It should be Dzeko + Aguero or Balo + Aguero....but not Dzeko + Balo.

one final thought on the rotation issue: players clearly can't play 3 games in a week EVERY week....but that is not the same as playing 3 games in a week once or twice a season when BIG games demand that we put out close to our strongest team.

John Wayne said:
Mazzarri said:
cleavers said:
You failed to answer my question, who is your team ?

Our fans have certainly not forgotten where we were a few years ago, in fact its this that makes many so insecure, they worry they might still be dreaming.

We will be disappointed to have to play in the europa this year, who wouldn't given the form we are in, in the league.

Your comment about our owner is so far from the mark though, and you know it. He is here for the very long term, there will be no boredom with him, just look at the plans that are public, we will easily make FFPR, and they know it.

For the record, I don't support Napoli. Having said that, City do look a carbon copy of Chelsea under Mourinho. In the 04-05 and 05-06 they were tremendous. Teams would be happy enough to just score against them. Their success couldn't buy them the CL though, and manager after manager has since gone. You can't spunk 100+ million quid every season. I just don't think spending wads of money can estalbish you as a force in Europe (or the Premier League) for years to come. As they say, form is temporary class is permanent.

Mate, you're talking out of your arse. City's style of play is nothing akin to Chelsea under Mourinho.

If money doesn't "estalbish (is this even a word) you as a force", then what does? What is the key ingredient? What do "form" and "class" have to do with it? Why is our perceived lack of domestic and European success relevant to our disappointment tonight and the underlying feeling that the Europa League is something of a consolation? Perhaps we would have once been thrilled at the prospect of the UEFA Cup but times change - like when you were thrilled that we let you share Maine Road after the Second World War. Would you want to share the Etihad now? Has your counselling finished after the 1-6 massacre the other week?

A one off freak result means nothing. However, I suppose you have to fill your end of the season review tapes with something and I suppose you will be going on about that result for decades to come. And rightly so, when you've got nothing else. Nice try, but I don't support United.

Sparkys-Army said:
Hari84 said:
Do me a favor and sell Dzeko. Tired to hear your complaining about him. Once, not Messi could help you. City played over the wings and there was a post that was where it should. All played bad match. The worst I've seen of the city. Dzeko he is attacking. and he is the striker who do not create chances but they must be created for him. and knew the inside bought him. It should be served on him and then he'll score. But he will then be the right place at the right time! But again, just sell him we are many who will follow him. Many City fans are getting too smart for city club has received oil money. Take it easy and fall down. City will not be a great team at 1year just because you have money.

could you split that into sections, add some commars and full stops a bit more often and add in some linking connective words which make it easier to be understood and then we can under your Dzeko loving.

Hari84, Listen and listen good. He did not have a great game, mainly due to tactics today. Nobody was calling for his head just that he wasn't doing the biz today and a sub was not a bad idea, so wind your sodding neck in and understand this is not the Edin Dzeko show who is beyond critisism. You are either 12 and a whiny woman or you don't understand football. Which is it ?

I also beleive your looking for <a class="postlink" href="http://www.edin-dzeko.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.edin-dzeko.com/</a> and not the MAN CITY forum. For the record i have never slated him.
Tonight was also the first time i called for him to be subbed. Critisism happens in life mate get used to it or your gonna have a very hard life bud.

Mazzarri said:
A one off freak result means nothing. However, I suppose you have to fill your end of the season review tapes with something and I suppose you will be going on about that result for decades to come. And rightly so, when you've got nothing else. Nice try, but I don't support United.
Why hide then ? Answer the question.

Do your homework on our clubs owner though, we're here long term, like it or not.

cleavers said:
Mazzarri said:
Why hide then ? Answer the question.

Do your homework on our clubs owner though, we're here long term, like it or not.

I think my bet he is a bitter spud is looking good money atm cleavers.

Scooby Blue said:
I think we need to distinguish between "rotation" as a guiding principle to keep the squad fresh / on their toes...

I agree. Milner aside, Richards and Clichy were arguably our best players against the Barcodes. Tonight Kolarov and Zabaleta were arguably our worst players. All up for debate but it's obvious now that we have two excellent full-backs and two full-backs who are not excellent even if they have their qualities. That's why we should play Micah and Clichy as much as possible until we run into a game more suited to Zaba and Kolarov.

Also, Aguero should be starting nearly every game when he is fit. In the pre-match interview on Sky, he was asked "Why is it you never seem to finish 90 minutes?", showing that even the media are aware of how often he is subbed in, out, rested, and so on. Aguero said he would play 90 minutes every game if he could but thinks he is being rested because of the accumulation of games. I feel we're putting a bit too much cotton wool on certain players though (and not enough on others like Yaya who seems to play every minute of every game), like I said in another post Cavani, Lavezzi, and Hamsik are almost never rested for Napoli and looked sharper than most of our team tonight.

marco said:
city diehard said:
Anyone else think Joe could of possibly saved the second goal, I know that NDJ lost the ball and the marking was atrocious but still think he should be doing better.
i thought that but after watching it again he hit that ball with some power 'not joe's fault'

If anything, had Kolarov stayed on his assigned post, the first goal would not have happened. When you are assigned a post, you stay there. End of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.