Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Comrade Buka said:
marco said:
city diehard said:
Anyone else think Joe could of possibly saved the second goal, I know that NDJ lost the ball and the marking was atrocious but still think he should be doing better.
i thought that but after watching it again he hit that ball with some power 'not joe's fault'

If anything, had Kolarov stayed on his assigned post, the first goal would not have happened. When you are assigned a post, you stay there. End of.
how dare you talk sense on here. only romantic bullshit is allowed

cleavers said:
Mazzarri said:
A one off freak result means nothing. However, I suppose you have to fill your end of the season review tapes with something and I suppose you will be going on about that result for decades to come. And rightly so, when you've got nothing else. Nice try, but I don't support United.
Why hide then ? Answer the question.

Do your homework on our clubs owner though, we're here long term, like it or not.

He hasn't got the balls to tell us who he supports. Fearful of criticism I imagine. Can give it out but can't take it.

Mazzarri clearly has a grudge against City. I find this a lot with people in England - they are inherently resistant to change, love the status quo, and they find the mere thought of anyone challenging long-standing power structures as utterly repulsive. The fortune of others is something to be mocked and ridiculed, a violation of what they see as right and normal. So it is natural that people have become resentful of all things City - what we're enjoying JUST SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. HOW DARE IT HAPPEN!!! FOOTBALLING PEASANTS AT THE ROUND TABLE!!!! Yet these so-called football historians are ignorant of many aspects of the history of the game (i.e. anything prior to 1975).

Mazzarri, you need to get over it. What is happening at City is real and enduring. We know we have a history, even if you don't. But pretty soon you will know - we are making history as I speak. Enjoy x x

zeven said:
Tevez City said:
No one to blame tonight except Mancini.
Barry and AJ were raring to go ! they didn't start against Newcastle and were fresh for tonight's game.

We had most of the possession but without creativity !
You don't have to be a genius to solve this problem with the bench he have ( Aguero - AJ - Nasri ) !

Whats the point of bringing Sergio for the last 10 minutes ONLY !
AND AJ for the last 5 minutes !!!
You are an idiot.

Aguero carried a knock.

Then why bring him on at all? Flawless logic there, bubs.

who let the 8 year olds on their computers tonight? it's not half term...

barring the silly posts ie. Form is temporary and class is permanent, all you have is the 6-1, Dzeko is god if he breathes etc. etc.

Tonight was a hugely dissappointing result. Judging from the fact that Villarreal are a bunch of non footballing cigar smoking, paella eating, sangria drinking incompetent pile of canary poo I rate our chances as going through as minimal, purely for the fact that we've just had a huge loss at the table and we're down to our last buy-in.

Is it impossible? no, but we have to now look beyond this.

The league for me has to be the priority and we have to win it. To me with Mancini's selections from tonight and Newcastle he seems to favour the league(as I'm sure Clichy and Micah will return on sunday) so now he has to make it count.

If we don't make it through, which in all probability we won't, then regardless of the lovely scorelines at the Swamp and WHL, there's a big blot on Mancini's record for this season, as I'm sure Sheikh Mansour won't be satisfied with not getting out of the group. That's not me being negative, just realistic about the ambition of our owners.

So Mancini has to deliver domestically to make up for it(unless we do qualify, which will mean beating Bayern minimum which will deserve great credit). The Europa League is a complete irrelevance and we should just play the EDS in it, it's a distraction we won't and don't need.

As for the performance, well considering my judgement of Villarreal it's fair to say I don't think we've played really well once in this tournament. What concerns me is Mancini's inability in this competition from his Inter days and no matter how lovely our Prem start is, I'd rather be level on points with United and have qualified tonight. It's up to Roberto to "get it", that is he needs to work out how to deliver a team to do well in this comp, if we get a bit of luck in the final matchday and he susses it great, if not then next season.

Rotation for the sake of rotation isn't good, neither Micah or Gael played the internationals I don't believe so 3 games in a week as a one off shouldn't have been difficult. I didn't notice Dzeko much tonight and yes the Bosnians can have a go but 2bh they need to get a life and find something more than a sodding footballer to get all patriotic over. We looked good at stages tonight, but both goals were soft and neither Hart nor the defence covered themselves in any glory. Vinnie hasn't been close to his best this season, Kolarov and Zaba are back up fullbacks now and Joleon has been good but he isn't a guy to lead a backline or carry a partner, he is the 2nd centre back and will do a job but no more than that, Vinnie is the star in that partnership and unfortunately he's not quite there this season. I know he's class and I know all players have an off spell and most of them for us come back even better(see Milner, Tevez at the start, Barry, Dzeko etc.) so I know he will come back, maybe the captaincy is a little much for him but at the moment the defence gets cut open far too easy when tested and Hart isn't being a world class keeper either at the moment, it's a shame this has all come together at the same time. It's a worry for Liverpool but for most games we're ok which over a season should be enough, and they will find their top level again at some point because they are class players.

It's a big learning curve and it hasn't quite worked out yet, but as long as we keep doing well domestically and wait and see over qualification then there's still a lot more to take out of this season that we haven't already. Keeping our feet on the ground and winning tough games week in, week out is the next step, 6-1 and 5-1 is great, but only when you back it up when it really matters. Tonight we didn't, and we have to learn that.

We're not on Barca's or Real's level, but 2bh English football looks frail and weak in this competition so far this season.

Let's move on to sunday and bounce back and get a strong win with a strong performance.

Don't agree with those saying Lescott isn't good enough for us. Ok he didn't have a great game today but he was far from useless as some on this forum have suggested. I think he has shown this season that he is capable of playing against the best (also his England performance against Spain comes to mind) and I think him and Kompany make a great partnership. Case and point look what happened when he wasn't played against Bayern and QPR this season.

How do you motivate someone on £220k a week ?
I ask this cos ya ya seems to have got off lightly on here tonight.
TBH yes Kolorov was piss poor - yes questions gotta be asked bout selection of full backs and late introduction of Kun -- BUT YA YA was piss poor tonite.
Look at the near post goal -- easy to blame AK and Joe - but look again-- Cavini was Ya yas man and he lazily and i stress lazily let him go. Bobby aluded to it in post match interview "we know Cavini goes near post" - look at the plyaers reactions they all look at Ya ya. He terrorises prem midfields by his power yet in CL against pace he has been woeful -- no tracking back , letting the runner go etc etc.
Not an attack on him but does he need a rest in certain games ? does he think he is irreplaceable and so can stroll around ? certainly CL has found his lack of mobility - or desire ? - out.
Milner who is not as technically gifted or experienced as Ya Ya showed the FIGHT ANDwhat is needed in a blue (or redand black) shirt in TOUGH matches.
so i revert to my question -- how do you say to someone on 220k _ im sorry mate that was piss poor and you need to get switched on and prove your worth in games that matter !? instead of strolling around thinkin im the big I am ? difficult one with inflated egos ! so far bobby done great job managing these prima donnas but many challenges ahead .

Just had a gander at the Guardian/Sun/Mail comment areas and you can tell people were desperately waiting for us to slip up again. Unprecedented bitterness!

Proud of our boys tonight and proud of our manager. It's not easy being under the spotlight and under this much pressure all the time. We are the big scalp and our lads handle it so well day in day out. You'll get no bitching or blame from me, only 100% support because they have given us everything so far this season. Now it's our turn to pick them up and get back in the ring for the next battle ! We are ready to fight

JoeMercer'sWay said:

barring the silly posts ie. Form is temporary and class is permanent, all you have is the 6-1, Dzeko is god if he breathes etc. etc.

Tonight was a hugely dissappointing result. Judging from the fact that Villarreal are a bunch of non footballing cigar smoking, paella eating, sangria drinking incompetent pile of canary poo I rate our chances as going through as minimal, purely for the fact that we've just had a huge loss at the table and we're down to our last buy-in.

The league for me has to be the priority and we have to win it. To me with Mancini's selections from tonight and Newcastle he seems to favour the league(as I'm sure Clichy and Micah will return on sunday) so now he has to make it count.

If we don't make it through, which in all probability we won't, then regardless of the lovely scorelines at the Swamp and WHL, there's a big blot on Mancini's record for this season, as I'm sure Sheikh Mansour won't be satisfied with not getting out of the group. That's not me being negative, just realistic about the ambition of our owners.

So Mancini has to deliver domestically to make up for it(unless we do qualify, which will mean beating Bayern minimum which will deserve great credit). The Europa League is a complete irrelevance and we should just play the EDS in it, it's a distraction we won't and don't need.

As for the performance, well considering my judgement of Villarreal it's fair to say I don't think we've played really well once in this tournament. What concerns me is Mancini's inability in this competition from his Inter days and no matter how lovely our Prem start is, I'd rather be level on points with United and have qualified tonight. It's up to Roberto to "get it", that is he needs to work out how to deliver a team to do well in this comp, if we get a bit of luck in the final matchday and he susses it great, if not then next season.

Rotation for the sake of rotation isn't good, neither Micah or Gael played the internationals I don't believe so 3 games in a week as a one off shouldn't have been difficult. I didn't notice Dzeko much tonight and yes the Bosnians can have a go but 2bh they need to get a life and find something more than a sodding footballer to get all patriotic over. We looked good at stages tonight, but both goals were soft and neither Hart nor the defence covered themselves in any glory. Vinnie hasn't been close to his best this season, Kolarov and Zaba are back up fullbacks now and Joleon has been good but he isn't a guy to lead a backline or carry a partner, he is the 2nd centre back and will do a job but no more than that, Vinnie is the star in that partnership and unfortunately he's not quite there this season. I know he's class and I know all players have an off spell and most of them for us come back even better(see Milner, Tevez at the start, Barry, Dzeko etc.) so I know he will come back, maybe the captaincy is a little much for him but at the moment the defence gets cut open far too easy when tested and Hart isn't being a world class keeper either at the moment, it's a shame this has all come together at the same time. It's a worry for Liverpool but for most games we're ok which over a season should be enough, and they will find their top level again at some point because they are class players.

It's a big learning curve and it hasn't quite worked out yet, but as long as we keep doing well domestically and wait and see over qualification then there's still a lot more to take out of this season that we haven't already. Keeping our feet on the ground and winning tough games week in, week out is the next step, 6-1 and 5-1 is great, but only when you back it up when it really matters. Tonight we didn't, and we have to learn that.

We're not on Barca's or Real's level, but 2bh English football looks frail and weak in this competition so far this season.

Let's move on to sunday and bounce back and get a strong win with a strong performance.

Excellent post.

I only slightly disagree with the assessment of Kompany. I think he is the right man to lead the club on and off the pitch. His form has been OK without being blistering, but I do feel that he brings the best out of some of his teammates (namely Lescott).

Typically we fear going to Anfield because it's the home of Liverpool, one of the most successful clubs in England. But will they not be a bit worried about the impending visit of Manchester City?

John Wayne said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Excellent post.

I only slightly disagree with the assessment of Kompany. I think he is the right man to lead the club on and off the pitch. His form has been OK without being blistering, but I do feel that he brings the best out of some of his teammates (namely Lescott).

Typically we fear going to Anfield because it's the home of Liverpool, one of the most successful clubs in England. But will they not be a bit worried about the impending visit of Manchester City?

Kompany's made a fair few mistakes and isn't on top form, that's enough to turn our whole backline from great to fragile, which it was it is when seemingly anybody has a go at us, we ship chances and good ones at that, and then when we tighten up again we're fine.

Like i said though, Lescott can't drag Kompany through, Vinnie's the leader(like Vidic at OT, he makes them better). Vinnie will be the guy to lead us I'm absolutely sure, I just think maybe at the moment it's affected him a little and it's taking a bit of getting used to, I've no doubt he will bounce back and be superb like we know he can be.

Liverpool could be worried but the way they play(lots of pressure and determination and a fair bit of pace) is exactly what we struggle with and when they put pressure on last season they trounced us, when they sat back at our place we trounced them.

It needs to be tighter and more consistent at the back and we'll be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.