Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Lancet Fluke said:
There are a few gripes about the team given just how important the match was. As I am sure others have said, I would have preferred to have had Barry, Richards, Clichy and Aguero starting last night. Mind you regardless of who had been picked, I'm still stunned by how slowly we started the second half, it was pretty pathetic and effectively lost us the match. It was like someone had drugged their half time drinks or something.

I've been saying all season we start the 1st half sloppy and the 2nd half sloppy just like last night.
Any comparisons with Barcelona are completely laughable at this stage.

In England we play 433
In Europe we should play 4231

Barry de Jong
Nasri Yaya Silva

and one up top

while in the league Nasri and Silva seem not to work together, however in a more tactical european game I'd like to see them play in tandem.

Not too disappointed. We can't play our best team EVERY game and i suspect PL is more of a priority. I'm quite happy Richards and co are going to be fresh for Sunday. The team yesterday was good enough to get a result but credit to Napoli, they're a very good team.

redmizzle said:
Not too disappointed. We can't play our best team EVERY game and i suspect PL is more of a priority. I'm quite happy Richards and co are going to be fresh for Sunday. The team yesterday was good enough to get a result but credit to Napoli, they're a very good team.
Would side with this post,people just think we can demolish sides week in week out in all competitions..

Maybe we were just beaten by a better side instead of mancini did this mancini didnt do that....

Fuck knows what its going to be like on here when a shite prem league side does us at some point....

Stoned Rose said:
2. Imperative we get our focus back for Sunday. No slip ups. Business as usual. The league is ours if we remain focused.

Vital game this weekend and a very very tricky one. There is no shame in losing at Anfield, but the blow to our confidence and momentum could be significant if we lose 2 on the bounce.

A win on Sunday is more important for our morale than for the points.

The game was very very close last night. Could easily have been a draw or a narrow win to us on another night. No disgrace losing 2-1 to this very very good team who were clearly up for it on the night.

why do we start each half so slowly, at half time i was quite confident of a draw but within 2 minutes of the 2nd half i was nervous. God knows what happened at half time but it seemed the players had lead in thier boots at the start of the 2nd half. Few minutes later the goal came, one of many time they had players on the edge of our box unmarked with our defence deep and our midfield not tracking the runners.

Could have nicked a draw on another night but too many players had below par games last night.

Still possible to go through, hard but possible.
However no disgrace finishing 3rd in this group of death on our 1st ever go in the CL.
Just hope if we do end up in the Europa it wont mess our season up as we will always be playing catch up ie Sundays and could add pressure if the other teams at the top win on Saturdays.
With luck we will do a Spurs and just put a XII team out, using it for fitness for fringe players.

Some days a go, on a saturday, i went back to my family to Napoli. I live in Pisa. In Napoli, my parents have a wonderful HD tv and i was so happy i could finally watch a great match. But Catania Napoli ended 2-1. During the match, Lavezzi passed the ball to someone who was warming up out of the field. Do you know what does it mean? It means that we're losing the best chance since Maradona to win Italian league. Scudetto is again a dream. That's a pity, we're able to score three times to Inter, Milan and Udinese, to beat the greatest English team (that's what you are!), but in order to keep going in Europe, we have to lose against Chievo, Parma, Catania, and tie with Fiorentina, Cagliari, Lazio. We won't win Champions League this year, it's obvious, as it's obvious that our president prefers european money to a real victory. But in the end, you can hopefully win Premiership, we won't win anything.

I want to say another couple of thing, possesion is not the goal of the game, it doesn't matter how long you have the ball but what you do with that.

I prefer you in blue, i hate that Milanlooking thing you put on for outside games!

I'm really sorry it ended up like that, since that first game of ours, i'm starting liking you more and more.

Sorry if this has been posted...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ7hgdxKOMc[/youtube]

But for some reason it makes me feel better, just happy to know we are playing in this competition and that we will be back next year.

Can i just say i think this shows the importance of a good atmosphere, that game looked an intense hostile enviroment to play in and i think we can learn alot from the noise they generate. im not suggesting we set fireworks/flares of in the ground or anything like that but i think more should be done to make it a more hostile enviroment to play as an away team like the whole ground singing rather than just the 2 sections either side of the away fans ..... Just Saying

With Dzeko and Balotelli up top, why are we so reluctant to play long balls to bypass the 11 men they had behind the ball?

"Zabaleta to Kompany, over to Lescott, De Jong passes to Kolarov who goes back to Hart..............."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.